PDA

View Full Version : Why??

Shadow
07-29-2008, 07:22 PM
Can someone please give me a somewhat intelligent answer as to why would a driver, who was involved in an earlier wreck (because he had no brakes-he told the double zero) bring that car back on to the track? I guess it's true what they say..."you can't fix stupid."

rabbid1
07-29-2008, 09:55 PM
Maybe because he didn't realize it at the time , And when it became apparent pulled it into the infield .Thanks for asking." Can't fix annoying either " !!!

Shadow
07-30-2008, 10:30 AM
Given that you were the third card in the chain of cars that hit Scott, and had plenty of time to stop...it might have been apparent then. If your car is not "race ready" or safe enough to be out there, why put yourself or others that position??? If saftey is not your first priority-then maybe driving a four thousand pound weapon is not a good idea.

KickItUp
07-30-2008, 03:57 PM
That wreck happened extremely fast, very very early into that race, where everyone was jammed on the gas all trying to get in a groove, and no matter how good anyone's brakes were, at that point in time, as fast as it happened, with as many large cars all gaggled together as there were, no one could have stopped in time, or else 2 cars would have been in the wreck instead of 14..
It wouldn't have mattered at that point. To really prevent these things from happening, the officials need to start looking at what they are allowing to start in front. No disrespect to anyone, honestly, but the 77 and 11 should not be starting up front yet. There may be another 1 or 2 as well. And I say this because if you are not ready to handle the pack swarming behind you, or you don't quite have that feel for the car, why risk getting wrecked, or causing big ones to happen? This was the cause of this wreck it looked like.. The faster guys were on it, wanting to get thru before the big one, only this time, there wasn't time.. If a few of those upfront starters would have started in the rear, to learn, this wreck would not have happened, whether anyone's car was working correctly or not. I did notice when those few up front starters were no longer up front, that race went smoothly green to checker..

rabbid1
07-30-2008, 10:11 PM
My car never touched Scotts , So please get your facts straight before you call anyone stupid . Kickitup is right on the money . lets put the blame where it belongs , or better yet its done and thats the last statement I intend to make on the subject.

RGeeProductions
07-30-2008, 10:19 PM
And with that, it is settled.........and closed....