PDA

View Full Version : If you have to ask, well... you can't afford it...

btgoss
07-30-2008, 07:40 PM
I just went to the Riverhead track website to check ticket prices for the tour race this weekened. Well, if I was under 5, I'm in free.... 6-12 it's just $5 to get in... past that... nothing. No information.

I know it is never a cheap ticket, and I will call the track to find out the price before I drive out there, but it would have been nice to have that on the site.

I know I should be lucky the track's site has the phone number and other contact information, at least it will save me some time finding that information.

Teds Race Tours
07-30-2008, 07:56 PM
They have never posted Adult Prices, but, I asked last week, and was told $30 per Adult at the Front Gate. not sure what the Pits admission will be.

Rich Mergl
07-30-2008, 08:35 PM
Thats cheap, I`ll be there, Save a seat for me TED.

Hollywood
07-30-2008, 09:06 PM
Where are you going to get 5 hours of entertainment for $30- $40 come on This is Long Island,,,prices are what they are for everyone here. Stop complaining and go... it WILL be a good show as it always is!

RPMcGrellis414
07-30-2008, 09:24 PM
Any word on how much for the pits??

Rich Mergl
07-30-2008, 10:01 PM
The best of the MOD SQUAD " PRICELESS"!

RGeeProductions
07-30-2008, 10:34 PM
The best of the MOD SQUAD " PRICELESS"!

I say, BINGO!!!!

W. J.
07-30-2008, 10:51 PM
Pits, for those with NASCAR licenses, is usually $30. No reason to believe it will be more, but I'm only guessing.

Tower Man
07-31-2008, 07:33 AM
It is usually $5 more with the BB getting $5 more down the line in the purse. Or maybe it's $10. Anyway, what's the difference?

art11758
07-31-2008, 09:07 AM
The difference? In this day and age, everyone has an axe to grind. :disgusted
Me, I can't wait! My travel budget went in my oil tank this year so this may be my last race of the season. See ya all there.

WEEZER
07-31-2008, 11:28 AM
It's the best of both worlds for me, mod tour race capped off with an 8 cyl enduro, where do I pay!!!!!!!!

btgoss
07-31-2008, 08:05 PM
No real axe to grind, just not happy that the track doesn't advertise the ticket price for adults. I know that is the way they do things, but it is not cool.
I don't know of any other form of entertainment that basically hides it's ticket prices, but only for some tickets.
I am going to go either way, it's my first trip to the track this year so I am pretty pumped.

I was wondering if anyone can confirm this for me, it may have been mentioned elsewhere, I may have missed it.

I heard the local upstate modified guys who run the last flash race, at Spencer I think, had to pony up for a Tour license to race. Is there a tour license, or was this a case of guys not having a Nascar license and needing that to race? Not to change the thread, but I am just wondering.

Tracy87BB
07-31-2008, 08:30 PM
btgoss, I am just taking a shot in the dark here, but my guess as far as the adult ticket prices is this... No one is "hiding" ticket prices. The prices for children are the same no matter what, where the prices for adult tickets vary some (such as for the Tour race). It's easier to post the track number, etc., for fans to call if they are interested than to deal with the backlash if the site is not updated fast enough and someone shows up at the track expecting one price only to find that it was not the same price as what had been posted from the week before.

attituderacing
07-31-2008, 08:52 PM
Called the office today and they told me $30. for the grandstands and $30. with a Nascar liscense for the pits.

W. J.
07-31-2008, 10:55 PM
btgoss, from what I've been told, there is a difference in licenses. There is a Nascar Mod license and a WMT license, and you must have the latter to enter a tour race.

RGeeProductions
07-31-2008, 11:04 PM
WJ is correct.
To get in the pits, you have to have a NASCAR license. Most of the time, any NASCAR division license will do.
To actually race in a Whelen Modified Tour event you must have a NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour license.

Tower Man
08-01-2008, 07:18 AM
Regarding the license thing....

Riverhead or any other local NASCAR track operate under the NASCAR-Whelen All American Series and require what is called a weekly license.

The NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour requires a Tour license for the driver and the owner in order to compete. The same for the Camping World, Craftsman Truck, Nationwide and Sprint Cup. All series carry their own license requirements.

btgoss
08-01-2008, 09:24 PM
Tracey,
Updating a website is not that difficult (as I am sure you know.)

There is no excuse for not having the prices for each race posted on the tracks website. I am sure there is someone in the Riverhead office who could manage that task.

So if it easy to do, and isn't done, then it is either someone being very foolish, or trying to hide something. Again, I am not trying to overtly bash the track, but these are things that shouldn't be an issue at all. The track should be transparent in things like this, I cannot see a good reason for not being that way.

But back to the license issue for a moment.

If a Riverhead regular let's say Chris Young, wants to run this weeks Tour race, and he hasn't raced a Tour race at all this year, he is going to have to buy a Tour license, to race at his home track. I know there are very good reasons for this, I only hope there is a "day pass" or something for the locals.

I hope we get a good race.

W. J.
08-01-2008, 10:38 PM
With regard to the license, a driver decides when it's time to buy it whether they want to go for a WMT license or just Nascar Mod (local track). I know of no 'pass' so they can run one time, they just have to know at the beginning of the season which one would serve them best. A WMT license doesn't mean you have to run the tour, it just means you can run any or all of those races.

And yes, one is more expensive than the other.

art11758
08-02-2008, 09:11 AM
Way back in the last century (really!) even though I crewed on a figure eight car, I always bought a "higher" license. I don't recall the price, but it seemed to me at the time, since my driver also had a modified, we might actually be modified racing someday and I didn't want to not be part of that.