PDA

View Full Version : Hanbury Motorsports August Newsletter

RGeeProductions
07-30-2008, 09:37 PM
JULY REWIND

4th – On our Nation’s birthday Tony celebrated it with twin NASCAR Modified features at the Spencer Speedway. In the first 35 lap feature postponed from June 13th Tony brought the Wilson / Resus co – owned NASCAR Modified from 13th up to 7th in just a handful of laps. Following the first restart of the race the clutch started slipping and to prevent further damage being done Tony pulled it in and settled for a 22nd place finish.

The second feature of the night saw Tony drive his dad’s car to a dominating feature win. Tony started on the pole and raced out to a nearly half a track lead before holding off cagy veteran Buck Catalano for his 3rd Spencer NASCAR Modified feature win of the year.

“ Dad’s car really handled perfectly tonight “ said Tony. “ We finally got the stubborn overheating problem solved with this car and I’m happy about that.”

“ I have to say Thank You to Buck for racing me clean tonight “ said Tony. “ It means a lot to me when a veteran driver like Buck shows you respect and races you clean. I know that I can race with Buck and his son Patsy anytime clean. “

“ Plenty of credit for the win tonight goes my crew as we were a little short handed tonight. “

5th – The following night Tony’s dominance at the Chemung Speedrome continued with a second and a first in the Twin 30 lap features. In the first 30 lapper Tony started 12th and just simply ran out of laps in trying to catch winner JR Kent.

The second 30 lapper was more of Tony’s liking as he started tenth and took the lead from Justin Petcosky on lap 12 and never looked back in winning his fourth Chemung NASCAR Modified feature win of the year.

“ The first feature was tough because it was because it was only 30 laps and you need to take your time getting up through the field so you have something left at the end of the race “ said Tony. “ Luckily we had two features tonight and in the second one we got the outside working to our advantage and once we got past Justin it was on cruise control after that. “

11th – A special Friday night show at Chemung saw Tony lead the NASCAR Modified feature for only a short time before being passed for the lead, Tony ended up second. “ I just missed the setup for the feature “ said Tony. “ We had a great setup for the heat and tried to make it better for the feature and instead we made the setup worse. We’ll place these notes in the memory bank for future reference. “

12th – A special Saturday night show at Spencer saw Tony bring his self owned NASCAR Modified to race. Tony started the feature in seventh and finished sixth. “ It was tough passing out there tonight “ said Tony. “ It was fun racing with Buck Catalano as we were ducking and diving all over the place but couldn’t make any headway to the front. Overall it was a good point racing weekend for us. “

18th – Back to Friday night action at Spencer found Tony once again in the thick of the battle for the feature win. Tony ended up fourth in the hotly contested feature and that finish moved him into fourth in the NASCAR Modified track point standings. Tony drove the Wilson / Resus owned NASCAR Modified on this night.

19th – Back to Saturday night action at the Chemung Speedrome and it was back in victory lane as Tony won his fifth feature of the year at Chemung in just eight starts. Going into the evening’s racing program Tony was 17th in National NASCAR points.

On this night Tony started 10th and took no time in getting into second place and when leader John Wilbur slipped high in turn four coming down to complete lap 10. That was the break Tony needed to grab the lead and go on to the feature win.

“ I’m dedicating this win to my grandparents Claude and Linda Hanbury who are celebrating their 50th Wedding Anniversary. I also would like to dedicate the win to my wife’s uncle who passed away earlier in the week.

“ I knew John wants a win really bad. But I have to thank him for racing me clean tonight. It all came down to motors tonight and mine was a little better. “

25th – What started out as a good evening turned sour after a unique thing happened on the way to the front for Tony Hanbury on Friday night at Spencer. Early on in the race Tony moved quickly into the top five in the Wilson / Resus NASCAR Modified.

Then just after a yellow came out the weird thing happened and that was the air filter / cleaner that sits atop the carburetor flew off due to the stud breaking. Tony was sent to the pits to have a new one put back on. Under a circumstance like this no pit crew would be ready for something like this to happen. After much scrambling in the pits an air cleaner was found and Tony returned to the race, albeit two laps down. This resulted in a disappointing 10th place finish.

“ It was just a really weird thing that happened, I was really happy how the car worked tonight “ said Tony.

26th – The last two years Tony Hanbury has owned the Chemung Speedrome and on this night Tony added a exclamation point to it.

In the 50 lap feature Tony was involved twice early in the race in accidents which saw him going to the rear and restarting the race there. With a bent racecar Tony still managed to work his way up through the field to grab the lead with 15 laps to go and go on to his 6th feature win in the NASCAR Modified division at Chemung in ten races this year.

“ The wreck messed up the tow and the second wreck forced the nerf bar into the tire “ said Tony. “ If it wasn’t for a really good motor ( Gail Clark ) I’d been in a lot of trouble here tonight. “

Going into August Tony is leading the Whelen All American Series New York State NASCAR Points as he is the defending champion. Tony is also leading the Whelen All – American Series NASCAR Modified Point Standings at the Chemung Speedrome where he is also the defending track champion. Tony is also ranked 14th in National Whelen All – American Series NASCAR Point Standings.

2008 STATS AS OF AUGUST 1, 2008

NASCAR Modified Starts; 9 wins ( 5-24 Chemung, 5-30 Spencer, 6-6 Spencer, 6-7 Chemung, 6-29 Chemung, 7-4 Spencer, 7-5 Chemung, 7– 19 Chemung, 7 – 26 Chemung ), ( 2 ) 2nd, a 4th, a 6th, a 7th, a 9th, a 10th, a 12th, ( 2 ) 13, a 22nd . 18 races, 9 wins, 12 top 5’s, 15 top 10’s, 3 DNF’s ( ran out of fuel, overheating, clutch slipping ).

Modified starts; 1 win ( 6 – 27 Spencer ), a 3rd, a 4th, a 18th. 4 races, 1 Win, 3 top 5’s , 3 top 10’s, 1 DNF ( overheating ).

OVERALL SEASON STATS
24 starts, 10 wins, ( 2 ) 2nd, a 3rd, ( 2 ) 4th, a 6th, a 7th, a 9th, a 10th, a 12th, ( 2 ) 13th, a 18, a 22nd . 14 top 5’s, 17 top 10’s, 4 DNF’s.

AUGUST RACING SCHEDULE *schedule subject to change depending on weather and makeup races
1st – Spencer NASCAR Modifieds 35 laps, Race of Champions Dart Asphalt Modified Tour 100 laps.
2nd – Chemung USG Night NASCAR Modifieds Twin 25 lap features.
8th – Spencer NASCAR Modifieds 35 lap feature double points.
9th – Chemung NASCAR Modifieds 75 lap feature.
15th – Spencer NASCAR Modifieds 75 lap feature.
16th – Holland NASCAR Modifieds 30 lap feature ( tentative ).
17th – Chemung Special Sunday afternoon race. NASCAR Modifieds 40 lap feature, Race of Champions Dart Asphalt Modified Tour 150 laps.
22nd – Spencer NASCAR Modifieds 35 laps, Touring Modifieds 50 laps.
23rd – Chemung NASCAR Modifieds 40 lap feature.
29th – Spencer NASCAR Modifieds 35 laps, double points.
30th – Chemung NASCAR Modifieds 40 laps.

SPONSORS
Hanbury Motorsports would like to say Thank You to their sponsors of their 2008 racing effort. Papa John’s of Johnson City and Owego, Gail Clark Race Engines, Kolba Construction, Dave Jackson, Mr. Koffee, Scott Smith and Son, Chuck Talcott Well Drilling, NAPA Auto Parts of Owego, John’s Fine Foods, Nelcorp, Chandler Race Products, Raytech Security, Family Fitness Center of Nichols, North 40, PDG Graphics, P.J.Byrne Restoration Company, Parts Plus of Owego, Fastech Race Car Bodies, Owego Sanitation, Hanbury Sanitation, Harris Diner, and Tri County Refrigeration.

JR’S MOTORSPORTS MEDIA

kinserfan11
07-30-2008, 09:46 PM
Yeah; but the one I got did NOT have My Photos on it:mad: wonder why they did not show:mad:I sent Jr photos for it and they dont show up on the newsletter; thats why i am mad!!!