PDA

View Full Version : Happy Tour Day Everybody.

Teds Race Tours
08-02-2008, 06:47 AM
Ah, the excitement of Christmas Morning when I was a child has come over me. YES!!!!!

Tracy87BB
08-02-2008, 06:56 AM
Hampton, what if I see if I can get one of both of the Halpins to sing for you this afternoon?

Happy Tour Day to you...
Happy Tour Day to you...

Here's to a great day of racing...:cheers:

Jaws
08-02-2008, 09:38 AM
Ah yes, Tbax on Christmas morning.

Up at 3:00 to open the presents, waking everyomne else in the house!

"You better watch out , you better not cry, you better not shout I'm telling you why.....

The Whelen Mod Tour is coming to town!":wave:

Teds Race Tours
08-02-2008, 10:17 AM
Hampton, what if I see if I can get one of both of the Halpins to sing for you this afternoon?

Happy Tour Day to you...
Happy Tour Day to you...

Here's to a great day of racing...:cheers:

Ah yes, Tbax on Christmas morning.

Up at 3:00 to open the presents, waking everyomne else in the house!

"You better watch out , you better not cry, you better not shout I'm telling you why.....

The Whelen Mod Tour is coming to town!":wave:

Tracy, I'd rather have them sing Jaws Song. :)

Jaws
08-02-2008, 11:16 AM
I will sing for you on the pace laps!!!:cheers:

RGeeProductions
08-02-2008, 12:19 PM
Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy
Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy
Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy
Oops, a quickie thunderstorm about 1:15 to 1:35, then back to,
Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy
Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy
Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy

Jaws
08-02-2008, 01:34 PM
Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy
Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy
Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy
Oops, a quickie thunderstorm about 1:15 to 1:35, then back to,
Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy
Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy
Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy

LOL, maybe we should all sing the Star Spangle Banner togther tonight.

(And maybe Oh Canada for our friends to the north!)

Hey Richie , you at the track already?

randomrodder
08-02-2008, 01:49 PM
I think I'll be sitting this one out.

Teds Race Tours
08-02-2008, 01:52 PM
I think I'll be sitting this one out.

You might miss a CLASSIC!!!!

Howie
08-02-2008, 03:11 PM
It is 3:10 and raining. Practice was stop. Rain is light.

Jaws
08-02-2008, 03:44 PM
Howie,

Is there a revised schedule?

randomrodder
08-02-2008, 04:21 PM
It is 3:10 and raining. Practice was stop. Rain is light.

I'm sure I will but I have to watch my health before anything else. I know it's not the same but I'll watch Pete's video tomorrow.

RGeeProductions
08-03-2008, 01:44 AM
Ah, the excitement of Christmas Morning when I was a child has come over me. YES!!!!!

Well, did you get all you wished and waited for???
Didn't get those pants you always wanted, ah, needed, did ya?!?! LOL

ThE sHaDoW
08-03-2008, 02:01 AM
I'm not sure what was more embarrassing. The joke that happened last Sunday at Indy, or the poor excuse for a race that took place tonight. You will never get me to like that place, and that will never be called racing! :mad::mad::mad:

Rentawrench
08-03-2008, 02:16 AM
Worse than the Race was Running Time trails in WARMUPS to see How you run TIME TRAILS to Race in a HEAT race.
The MAN calling the race (Giving benifit of Doubt) His second as a Director Need to Watch RACING First. These are NOT Taxi Cabs with Remotes.

Did Anyone recieve the Timing Feed from NASCAR ??

Jaws
08-03-2008, 09:35 AM
Sorry Shadow and Renta wrench, I know there were too many cautions(Just like most races these days) but I beleive the fans enjoyed the race.

Wow I just checked the stats , 95 laps under caution, very sad, they give too much time to cars in the pits to come back out.

Its the nature of the beast at Riverhead, you pit, the track ready sorry green flag.

Here are a few pictures from last night

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaws17/sets/72157606525651621

Teds Race Tours
08-03-2008, 11:31 AM
I'm not sure what was more embarrassing. The joke that happened last Sunday at Indy, or the poor excuse for a race that took place tonight. You will never get me to like that place, and that will never be called racing! :mad::mad::mad:

can't compare last night with Indy. Indy set back Cup racing 5 years. last night the racing was GREAT when the green flag was out. Way too many pathetic cautions brought out for flat tires and cars parking on the track to bring out said caution. TEDS NEW RULE. You bring out caution and pit to change tire, you sit in pits til next caution comes out. Therefore there is no ADVANTAGE to bring out the caution and Ruin the quality of the race.

Also, taking an avg of almost 9 laps per caution is RIDICULOUS. Run a race where caution laps count, but you have 100 laps of green flag racing. That way who cares how many caution laps there are, at least the fan knows he's getting a full race, and not a 95 out of 147 caution fest.

Worse than the Race was Running Time trails in WARMUPS to see How you run TIME TRAILS to Race in a HEAT race.
The MAN calling the race (Giving benifit of Doubt) His second as a Director Need to Watch RACING First. These are NOT Taxi Cabs with Remotes.

I actually thought that was more fair than the random pick out of hat style.

Rentawrench
08-03-2008, 12:20 PM
You need to Hear him --"caution car Slow down let those Guys get out " Next time Nope Gate closes an car Stuck in pits .

His comment to the "side by side RACING " EASY guys you have PLENTY of Time

Teds Race Tours
08-03-2008, 01:14 PM
You need to Hear him --"caution car Slow down let those Guys get out " Next time Nope Gate closes an car Stuck in pits .

His comment to the "side by side RACING " EASY guys you have PLENTY of Time

Well, obviously with 52 laps of Green, they didn't have plenty of time. I used to listen to Ed on the scanner, but haven't brought it in a while. I guess I need to bring it to Thompson.

WEEZER
08-03-2008, 01:39 PM
It's a shame it did'nt come down to tc and jb going for the flag, when they where racing together it was pretty intense, to bad the 20 got punted out. When it was green it was good but other then that the rest was B.S.

Teds Race Tours
08-03-2008, 01:45 PM
Park's tires appeared to be going away. Not sure if that lead to his getting "punted", but it didnt help. I don't think he would have had anything for the leaders. Early on though, he had the best car, but too many retarts on the outside just didn't help his tire wear.

WEEZER
08-03-2008, 03:25 PM
It seemed like a lot of cars had there tires going away, at one point blewet was running third and holding everybody up and I thought for sure he was going to be pushed out of the way, and it seemed some were trying, but amazingly he held on and then of course went on to win.

Jaws
08-03-2008, 04:04 PM
It seemed like a lot of cars had there tires going away, at one point blewet was running third and holding everybody up and I thought for sure he was going to be pushed out of the way, and it seemed some were trying, but amazingly he held on and then of course went on to win.

I agree but most tires really only had abot 70 green flag laps on them last night, they should have lasted longer.

Jimmy was dirt tracking it in 2 at least 2X which must have taken a lot out of that right rearand he still came back to win.

The one thing I did not get was, Jimmy got shuffled back at one point and the caution came out shortly after that and they moved Jimmy back up to 3rd, why? They don't go back to the last green flag its always where you are when the caution comes out. Isn't it?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaws17/sets/72157606525651621

ThE sHaDoW
08-03-2008, 07:13 PM
nope, new rule this year. last completed green flag lap from the computer in the tower.

WEEZER
08-03-2008, 07:43 PM
Hey Jaws, from what I heard on the radio, even though JB was involved in a wreck in turn one the yellow was out for somebody's rear deck lid that flew off or whatever and he did'nt cause the yellow so that's why he got his third place position back, if not for that, I don' think he'd be the winner. Would'da been cool to see Donny Lia pull an outside move an steal a win but that's just what dreams are made of.

Jaws
08-03-2008, 10:38 PM
Thanks Shadow. Would have been nice if the announcers told us that.

Wezer, I thought that was part of Jimmy's car as he was up in the air like someone nailed him in the back. It was a bit confusing.

Teds Race Tours
08-04-2008, 02:02 AM
Ok, 24 hours of rest. I am ready to do it all over again.:)

TMAC
08-04-2008, 12:36 PM
I thought race was pretty good,cautions to many yes.But!from where i was turn 4 the action was great!Enjoyed it very much,had people new to riverhead near us,i asked them there thoughts,lots of cautions but they enjoyed ALL the racing that night.So maybe a good sign from people who never been there and they said they would be back next yr for tour show,then i handed them the riverhead schedule and pointed out we race from april till sept and there reply was of thank you and see you real soon.Gotta say i as a fan of tc ,showtime and stef[and of course our long island gang!].Most of the race was crazy fun for me!

catfish
08-04-2008, 02:23 PM
Overall i thought it was an excellent race compared to a lot of the tour shows we have had, I thought the qualifying procedures where fair to all. Of course I enjoyed watching my man Glenn Tyler after getting screwed early, then get a lap down in the pits, get the lucky dog and work his way back to a 9th place finish for a good time passing cars on the high side. Also the battle upfront was very good, never thought after watching "Showtime" early that he would have any tires left for when Stefanik and Lia got close but I was wrong. Congrats "Showtime" :cheers::cheers::cheers:

briggs34
08-04-2008, 10:18 PM
What a job by Parks in the 20! Too bad to see the 79 bone him like that. Great pass under Jimmy to re-take the lead early on.
Teddy looked to run out of tires too.
Why didn't anyone punt Jimmy when he was holding everyone up?
You know he would have done it if he was in that position...

TMAC
08-05-2008, 12:27 PM
Jimmy might have slowed them down a bit.But coming out of the corners he was haulin!From were i sat[turn 4]after most restarts lots of crowding and running anyone up the track coming off turn 4,not just Jimmy doing that either.

TMAC
08-05-2008, 12:37 PM
Brigs34.Also TC and Stef were hitting pretty good with the sides of cars,as one time during caution[late in race] if you remember tc ran up to the side of stef as to ask "what the heck was that"think the toe might have been out[tc's mod] after that hince he just tried to ride it out after that.No love between those 2 old timers thats for sure! Second straight year at Riverhead they raced to hard with each other.Last year it could have been either one that won till they dam near totaled each other out.

limodmaniac
08-05-2008, 03:36 PM
What caused Billy Park to go around in turn 3/4? Didn't get a good view of it from turn two area, but sure did see Silk banging him in the turn two area. Billy gave it back to him pretty good afterwards. From turn two, it looked like Blewett was getting a huge jump on restarts, so big that I'm suprised they allowed them. Was he ever warned about the restarts? Nascar sure screwed Erick Rudolph at Spencer when he jumped the restart.

2THEFRONT
08-06-2008, 12:06 AM
Ken Heagy spun him out in turn three.

Teds Race Tours
08-06-2008, 01:03 AM
Ken Heagy spun him out in turn three.

While that may have happened at some point in the last 15 years, it didn't happen Saturday night. The 79 was running behind the 20 when he spun.

2THEFRONT
08-06-2008, 07:58 AM
The 79 had already made the pass on the 20. Watch the video on pit bull. Have a nice day.

TourMods
08-06-2008, 10:47 AM
#12 Ken Heagy hit the #20 Bill Park a ton going into turn 3 and Park spun out. The #79 had already gone by the #20.

limodmaniac
08-06-2008, 12:50 PM
In the video, it looks as if Stefanik is ahead of Blewett at the finish line just before Blewett has his troubles in turn two and drops back many positions. However, when they line the cars up again, they place Blewett in 3rd and Stefanik 4th. Any one have any idea on how that happened?

ThE sHaDoW
08-06-2008, 01:25 PM
last completed green flag lap. did the caution come out before all the cars could cross the line?

Teds Race Tours
08-06-2008, 02:12 PM
The 79 had already made the pass on the 20. Watch the video on pit bull. Have a nice day.

My bad. Didn't think Kenny was that far up that early.Wow, even more impressed with Heagy's run now.

last completed green flag lap. did the caution come out before all the cars could cross the line?

It looks as it the 16 may have been in front of the 19 the previous lap as well. Its very close.

Fkraft99
08-06-2008, 06:06 PM
jim since the yellow came out when the leaders were just in turn one, the whole field didnt complete that lap. so they go back to the previous lap and i guess jimmy beat him to the line that lap. i was just hoping to get 4th back, when they said 3rd it was a bonus. lol

and as far as jimmy holding up the field. there is a big difference between holding everyone up, and getting out front and setting a slow pace to save tires.

cornellsgt12
08-06-2008, 06:34 PM
Where can I find the Pitbull video?

randomrodder
08-06-2008, 06:52 PM
Where can I find the Pitbull video?

http://www.pitstoppitbull.com/grandstand.htm

You will also find video interviews, races, other videos of interest there such as the Bench Racing sessions. The site is growing daily and has become a hit with many drivers in the pits.

Jaws
08-06-2008, 06:54 PM
jim since the yellow came out when the leaders were just in turn one, the whole field didnt complete that lap. so they go back to the previous lap and i guess jimmy beat him to the line that lap. i was just hoping to get 4th back, when they said 3rd it was a bonus. lol

and as far as jimmy holding up the field. there is a big difference between holding everyone up, and getting out front and setting a slow pace to save tires.

Fred,

I saw the same thing, Jimmy for a couple of laps maybe was not holding the pack back, but all of a sudden the front pack bunched up behind and along side of him. I actually thought he might be having some kind of trouble with the car. Maybe he had heated up the tires a bit?

It was only about 2 laps and he took off again. I actually was impressed that there was no wreck with the lead cars, if only the same thing was going on in the back there would have been many less caution laps.

See you all at Stafford!