PDA

View Full Version : A pole to test the waters (spec drag related)

SuperShafts
08-02-2008, 11:28 AM
You can choose muiltiple...

Just a pole of curiosity to what people may be interested in..

Wheel Racing
08-02-2008, 02:30 PM
1-No NoS
2-No Racing tires
3-Must be driven (all the way) to the track
4-Daily drivers
5-Maybe mix a couple special challenge races(Flatbeds,shopping carts,big wheels for kids)

Just my opinions. For me the best Spectator Drags,besides the Run What Ya Brung at Islip, were when the big Impalas and the VW Bugs,etc were running.

redwiteandblue
08-02-2008, 04:58 PM
let it go as it is with the exception of letting grudge races happen.

Gravel
08-02-2008, 09:11 PM
Make a set of class rules. Like Neal said. Daily driver and driven ALL the way to the track. No NOS or other performance oddities that are not street legal. I think a run what you brung would deter people from bringing in ringers.

SuperShafts
08-03-2008, 09:29 AM
Looks like a closed hoods heads up class race to me...

nobandwagonhere
08-03-2008, 10:47 AM
What is this ....PINKS?

The Bullfather
08-03-2008, 01:00 PM
I refuse to make the choices you left, seems a bit bias! You left off a few choices, Everyone wants what Neal wrote basically!

W. J.
08-03-2008, 01:30 PM
I refuse to make the choices you left, seems a bit biasED! You left off a few choices, Everyone wants what Neal wrote basically!
I thought that if one disagreed with the above choices, they could post their own ideas.

fisherman
08-03-2008, 01:57 PM
run a 5lap race like it was at islip everybody at once

The Bullfather
08-03-2008, 02:33 PM
Yeah Neal said!

SuperShafts
08-03-2008, 03:26 PM

Then it is not a Drag, and you will not see the major varying styles and expense of cars the way you do now....

I refuse to make the choices you left, seems a bit bias! You left off a few choices, Everyone wants what Neal wrote basically!

I thought i left a choice where it says, comments to be made.... if that wasn't clear i hope this was..

What is this ....PINKS?

Pinks is a terrible idea on how to take street racing and turn it into center stage hollywood, problem is that doesn't work with a mediator interferring in the stips end of it, and who can't clearly see or knows what's what

"Pinks all out" is nothing more then a class race run as a bracket, except that they invite hundreds of people to go and pick the time there looking for rather then ask for and choose times by e-mail..

Make a set of class rules. Like Neal said. Daily driver and driven ALL the way to the track.

Now once you set class rules you no longer have Spectator Drags, and you no longer have the interest or vehicles you have now showing up...

Out of curiosity, list what you think would be good rules for a heads up class....

1-No NoS
2-No race tires
Just my opinions. For me the best Spectator Drags,besides the Run What Ya Brung at Islip, were when the big Impalas and the VW Bugs,etc were running.

Lol No n2o to even it out, and no race tires...

I'll give you the no race tires because i want to race the car at it's ability without the aid of extra mechanical grip..

BUT...Then you go on to say run what you brung... run what you brung means exactly that... run whatever you bring, however you bring it...

2-No Racing tires
3-Must be driven (all the way) to the track
4-Daily drivers
5-Maybe mix a couple special challenge races(Flatbeds,shopping carts,big wheels for kids)

2. No racing tires, is fine, but remember you are telling CS no more racing his lemans as it has for years......
Also Tommy W, no more vette as it ran...

3. Did you ever think that towing a DD to the track is good insurance in case (this happens at times racing) something breaks...
Have you ever paid for a tow 3 hours from home because you drove it there, because you can and being a DD stupid little things like brake hose break...sob these things happen to DD.

4. Having registration, plates, insurance and inspection would atleast take out most purpose built cars...

5. Are you serious, there are times i can fall asleep watching what races now, no one wants to watch big wheels, slow flatbeds, and a couple guys pushing shopping carts almost die of heart attacks there so damned out of shape... Then again i have seen how weird some people can be..

No NOS or other performance oddities that are not street legal. I think a run what you brung would deter people from bringing in ringers.

Explain ringers, please and in detail...

As for the N2O issue let me explain this one last time for those who are exceptionally hard of understanding it....

N2O is not a cheating tool in a heads up class, especially in a field of multiple UNCERTANTIES

1. N2O does not last forever, each time you use it, you will not make the same power as the psi is not the same, as the psi changes so does everything else about it...
So if you start on a 50 hp or 75 hp hit, by the time you race the 3rd of 4th car that has diminished a little...or totally gone..

Now since no one seems to understand that, this is probably going to go over your head also....

BUT...Now i will try and explain the situation of spec drags and out classed, out horse powered and out spent...

DC's car is a stock no hp edition T/A, so lets say it has factory 250hp... now we add lets say 75 hp by way of n2o...
Now DC's car has 325 hp...

Now lets see how fair this is for US and DC... Lets list some competitors...

The blue malibu... lol is not making a measly 300 hp
According to some theories this car should not be allowed

The saleen....lol is not making a measly 300 hp

The Iroc.... It is probably not under 300 hp

The wrx.... It is making 265 hp...IF If the owner also didn't touch anything.

My Jeep is not making the factory 240 HP it was made with

The AMG is not making a measly 300 HP out of AMG!!!

So do we see how all DC is trying to do is stay competitive..so far he is out horsepowered ...

Some people do not like to leave anything alone, or do not feel the factory built what they really wanted...

I am that person...

Now let me explain, some of you laugh, oh he spent hundreds on tires to win a spec drag...
No!, he spent hundreds to be competitive or make it handle better the best he knows how...
Who comes out week after week doing the same thing... oh wait, never mind...

ha, ha, he spent thousands on a motor to win spec drags... ahhh NO!, he spent thousands to drive something the way he wanted it, and you were lucky enough he brought it out for you to see how well it does racing on a track against other vehicles....

So is DC cheating to keep up with the other cars making more HP who are clearly out classing him.... No he is not cheating, he is out spent...

DC didn't build a $2k 400 HP motor, he spent $400 to remain competitive against those making more HP, who only chose to make there everyday ride more enjoyable, and can have added fun on a track some weekends and put on some racing for you, but you don't see how that can ruin it.

Now let me go into it more, i will use myself as an example

Now i am the prime example of your DD being the extreme wolf in sheeps clothing...

Nothing i own makes less then 375 HP, except for my shop truck....and that is only because i have to hire outside people to drive it...BUT even my shop truck is not making factory HP, not making the 400hp i want...but i can't risk it with people being how they are...

My Jeep is making 375 HP plus, way more then DC's t/a with the hit...

My 90 diesel is making more then 450 HP

Both my cars are beyond 750 HP, and i use them on the street, with out ANY issues at ALL, both can be re-registered, insured, inspected tomorrow... lol DC would need a body and modified to beat them, and even then i'll put money i spank that also, hey but they can race spec drags..street cars, used to be driven daily, just slightly retired...

Both of those cars make more then double what DC's car does if it had a fogger system

My Crew Cab makes 500 HP and 520+ ft lbs (this is really used for towing)

My other diesel makes 440 HP and 750 ft lbs+

These are all driven on the street at any given time and can all be lined up next to DC's car or yours, some will need a price though, i do not do everything for free....

So how is it his n2o use is cheating against a clearly outclassed stable of vehicles....
Now maybe, just maybe you understand why DC uses n2o...

Now even better to add to this n2o cheating bs...

Did i know there was use of n2o in some spec drag cars even before i entered the very 1st time with the Jeep? ? ...

Absolutely, was i informed by the people using it?, In 1 case i was, did i object to it?, not at all, DC didn't hide it from me as others did...

Did any of you object to me Racing a Bike last year? ? ? ?

But you loved watching it... well guess what? you won't see any of that anymore, so i vote for leave it alone, heads up closed hoods, and bring in some grudge races...

SuperShafts
08-03-2008, 03:40 PM
Somone mentioned in another thread about bringing my friends to the track....

Well if they do call outs and RR takes the time to add that to there website, i'll call out some people...

Tell you what that'll get the stands full some weekends... Especially if it's done right with the call out being seen by all and able to be answered so people know both will be there on that particular weekend...

I would even do it on my site to try it as a test. (that's done)

randomrodder
08-03-2008, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisherman

Then it is not a Drag, and you will not see the major varying styles and expense of cars the way you do now....

Where you there? I was and I ran there also. I saw plenty of new cars as well as some hot Mustangs amd Cameros see their last ride there on Saturday nights. I happened to run a Vega at Islip at the time. You didn't need horsepower, you needed driving ability and brains to get around the high horsepower cars. It was much more like racing then one on one spectator racing IMHO.

SuperShafts
08-03-2008, 04:48 PM
Quote:

Where you there? I was and I ran there also. I saw plenty of new cars as well as some hot Mustangs amd Cameros see their last ride there on Saturday nights.

I happened to run a Vega at Islip at the time.

You didn't need horsepower, you needed driving ability and brains to get around the high horsepower cars.

It was much more like racing then one on one spectator racing IMHO.

Lol exactly why you would see less interesting cars, less interesting races, how many people got caught up in someone elses mistake...

You think the guy who owned the AMG would stick it between the kid who wrecked his gray camaro and the impala that didn't know to just lay back and let the camaro wreck by himself and then just drive by to race again...
I watched the gray camaro luckily avoid wrecking 3 other times, 3 other SD races..

Now had that been mutiple cars...someone would have bumped someone in the back and it would have been a multiple wreck...

Who wants to race wrecks? ? wth kind of racing is that..

As it is now the less HP car (DC) is winning against the higher HP cars also...

Seems to me everyone wants to make it easier for the higher HP cars...

Apparently that wasn't clear by what i put in the posts above...

Either people want it easier for the high HP cars or there just mad that no one can beat the low HP car...

I can't figure it out anymore....

wayne
08-03-2008, 06:52 PM
Now that ....is the longest post I have ever seen!!!

SuperShafts
08-03-2008, 07:13 PM

You gotta go to other boards, that's nothing...

W. J.
08-03-2008, 08:14 PM
Only if you count the spacing between the lines, lol.

And, it can be read faster than one of the one from that....(hint, hint) giraffe guy, lol! You don't need to de-code it!!!

catfish
08-04-2008, 10:53 AM
Get tired just reading it,lol

SuperShafts
08-05-2008, 11:35 PM
Wow! tired, from reading...

Jaws
08-16-2008, 11:03 AM

I think that's where they got the idea for Enduros after wrecking all those street cars!

unowho243
08-18-2008, 05:59 PM
Hey Marty i just got a call from Charlie the kid with the Blazer he said its got NY plates on it now and he will be there saturday if you think you can beat him show up if not then i guess u really cant beat anyone and dont make up excuses about it not running rite..... He thinks he can take you and i wouldnt doubt it

and please dont write me a half page comment back because i usually stop reading them after about 5 sentences.... :cheers:

SuperShafts
08-18-2008, 06:47 PM
Lmfao can't beat anyone, i only lost to 2, and barely...lmao and lucky for them is the key word here......remember im not running sneakers, nor a purpose built left turn vehicle....
Unfortunately my life does not revolve around SD's... but i'll spank it going straight, making a right turn, or a left, a series of rights and lefts and all the while he is reading or attempting to read my back window...

Saturday is most likely not happening, i'll try but don't bank on it...

Aug 31st and the last one in sept, defintely..

However though your barking up the wrong tree if you think i am nevous about purpose built can do only 1 thing good, i don't care, makes it more entertaining for me, and i don't care if it arrives on a nascar hauler with a crew of 10 catering to it's needs...

Do you care to side bet?

unowho243
08-18-2008, 07:34 PM
Im not a betting man and its not a purpose built sd car its a hot roded blazer just like u hot rodded ur jeep..

SuperShafts
08-20-2008, 07:00 AM
Im not a betting man and its not a purpose built sd car its a hot roded blazer just like u hot rodded ur jeep..

Really!!!! so then why did he cry to the mustang about racing him the right way around the track, he isn't set up for right's....

My jeep isn't hot rodded, it's slightly modified to do everything a suv does, but better. If it was hot rodded it would be like my cars..