PDA

View Full Version : Newsday Coverage

mccoystax
08-03-2008, 10:38 AM
It's very nice to be reading race coverage in Newsday both Sat. and Sunday. They had a good article on Donny Lia and a preview of the race on Sat. and a article on Wayne Anderson today along with the top 3 finishers. That's got to be a first. In all the years I've been going to Riverhead that's the first time I've ever seen coverage of the tour race, not counting printing results on Tues. or wed. Good job and hope to see increased coverage of racing on a regular basis.:applause:

Jaws
08-03-2008, 11:05 AM
Remeber to thank the paper for the coverage, it has been great as of late!

Also I wonder if the change in ownership recently has anything to do with it.

The Bullfather
08-03-2008, 01:01 PM
Naw, but taken an AD out in the paper helps get them more coverage. If you notice on their website, Riverhead Raceway AD is on the top banner somedays.

Mike Fields
08-03-2008, 07:32 PM
Look for more coverage from Newsday. I was talking to someone at NASCAR in NY last week on another matter. He did mention what Newsday was currently doing, and would probably increase their coverage at Riverhead.

art11758
08-04-2008, 08:32 AM
The Press of Manorville and the Moriches has had very well written coverage the last few weeks as well. No name attached to the article, which would leave me to think it is a press release they are printing. Granted it is a "free" paper that doesn't come out 'til Friday, it lets the masses know that RR is still going.