PDA

View Full Version : Xtra Xtra-Stafford News!

Precision Auto
08-08-2008, 06:04 PM
Just got a call from Howie Hodge - Stafford Motor Speedway is currently in a holding pattern.

The Tour Mods are lined up on the back stretch, the drivers are out of their cars for the time being.

They are going to try and wait out the weather and drying of the track, which is going on now.

If he calls me back, I'll update then. Linda Case :wave:

Gil
08-08-2008, 06:09 PM
Just posting this to see try to figure out when you posted the above as from the looks of it this site ids not on EDT.

;)

Precision Auto
08-08-2008, 07:09 PM
Just posting this to see try to figure out when you posted the above as from the looks of it this site ids not on EDT.

;)

I posted at 6:04 and have heard nothing sense that time. I will assume that they are drying the track and getting ready for time trials. :applause:

Groundpounder
08-08-2008, 07:13 PM

;)

Gil, if you go into your control panel (UserCP), click "edit options" on the left, and scroll down near the bottom, you'll find this:

Time Zone
All timestamps displayed on the forums can be automatically corrected to show the correct time for your location in the world. Simply select the appropriate time zone from the list below.

Time Zone:
In addition, you may set the appropriate option to allow for daylight savings time in your part of the world.

DST Correction Option:

I've never had any trouble with the time displaying properly on this board.

KyleMac45
08-08-2008, 07:21 PM
This is straight from Stafford Speedway Website-

CURRENT TEMPERATURE IS 63 DEGREES UNDER SUNNY SKIES.
RACING IS ON TONIGHT; DARE STOCK FEATURE IS ON TRACK.
LAST UPDATED 8/8 @ 7:15pm.

Kyle

LongIslandJam
08-08-2008, 08:09 PM
I arrived at the track about a half hour ago, and when qualifying is completed, I will post it here.

We'll be live for the race. Keep posted with us on the forums for further updates.

LongIslandJam
08-08-2008, 08:35 PM
Eric Beers earned the pole.

LongIslandJam
08-08-2008, 08:44 PM
Qualifying Results

1. 46 Beers 18.298
2. 2 Szegedy 18.371
3. 59 Hirschman 18.375
4. 19 Blewett 18.387
5. 36 Christopher 18.397
6. 4 Hossfeld 18.458
7. 3 Preece 18.483
8. 79 Silk 18.500
9. 21 Savary 18.525
10. 09 Grigas 18.528
11. 45 Rudolph 18.530
12. 64 Berndt 18.541
13. 0 Sammons 18.541
14. 58 Goodale 18.542
15. 8 Tyler 18.559
16. 28 Coby 18.586
17. 75 Carl Pasteryak 18.605
18. 10 Flemke 18.607
19. 5 Charles Pasteryak 18.610
20. 17 Reen 18.610
21. 77 Fuller 18.612'
22. 1 Summers 18.622
23. 29 Horton 18.643
24. 06 Pauch 18.653
25. 99 Tomaino 18.658
26. 16 Stefanik 18.703
27. 14 Ruggiero 18.715
28. 11 Seseley 18.777
29. 12 Heagy 18.845
30. 33 Cole 18.858
31. 93 Pennink 18.871
32. 05 Hartmann 18.950
33. 90 Dupuis 19.039
34. 00 Ruocco 19.074
35. 32 Abele 19.177
36. 26 McDonald 19.561
37. 9 Marosz 19.719

KyleMac45
08-08-2008, 08:49 PM
Question when are live updates goin up?

LongIslandJam
08-08-2008, 09:08 PM
We are behind schedule here. I would say 945PM.

KyleMac45
08-08-2008, 09:11 PM
Sounds gooooood... I just wanna say hi to RGEEE... hehehehe

Kyle

TCH Mascot

LongIslandJam
08-08-2008, 09:18 PM
Starting Lineup
1. 79 Silk
2. 4 Hossfeld
3. 59 Hirschman
4. 2 Szegedy
5. 36 Christopher
6. 3 Preece
7. 19 Blewett
8. 46 Beers
9. 21 Savary
10. 09 Grigas
11. 45 Rudolph
12. 0 Sammons
13. 64 Berndt
14. 58 Goodale
15. 8 Tyler
16. 28 Coby
17. 75 Carl Pasteryak
18. 10 Flemke
19. 17 Reen
20. 5 Charles Pasteryak
21. 77 Fuller
22. 1 Summers
23. 29 Horton
24. 06 Pauch
25. 99 Tomaino
26. 16 Stefanik
27. 93 Pennink
28. 12 Heagy
29. 33 Cole
30. 05 Hartmann
31. 11 Seseley

CareyandCoffey
08-08-2008, 09:54 PM
What's up peeps?

This is the first Stafford ( tour )race I have missed this year . I guess it was a good night not to show up. It is frek'in cold for Aug 8th. I aswell will be checking out the updates . I have to do a show on Sunday morning with the info I get from here. ( so please make it good ) Tee Hee :wave:.. We won't sound really creditible otherwise , But then again have we really sounded creditible?

P.s. Kyle don't you have to change your rubber bands tonight ?:D

By the way this is Jay not the other guy....

KyleMac45
08-08-2008, 11:40 PM
Unofficial Winner-

Jimmy "$HOWTIME" Blewett

FYI- Jay Coffey-- I have a retainer no braces!!! :)

Jaws
08-09-2008, 02:22 AM
Long day good racing, except the incident on the last lap.

That was the coldest August 8th race I ever attended.

My kids and I even ate dinner in the dark at Denny's due to a huge storm and power failure, it was quite a day.

Thanks to Stafford for getting the race in, it would have been a long drive for nothing of they pulled the plug.

I was amazed how quick they dried the track.

Tough night for TC (broke a rocker arm I think) and Jamie Tomino (Something broke , in the rear end, my guess the panard bar), Ronnie Sillk started on the pole but never got going all night.

On the other side 2 wins in a row at 2 completely different tracks for Jimmy Blewett , Doug Colby 1st night in the 28 car in 3rd, Mike Stefanik who started way back , a top 5, Ed Flemke with his best run in a while taking the runner up spot, both Pasteryak brothers in the top 10 and a 6th place for Kevin Goodale also his best finish In a while and he ran strong all night. THe 2 was strong all night, too bad he was bumped out of the lead at the end.

RichKeator
08-09-2008, 02:36 AM
I gotta take the officials shirt off for a min here and also say that my opinons in no way reflect those at tracks I work with...

with that being said the over all words I was getting was about 50/50 on wether or not Preece got the 2 car... credit to the officials for making a call like they did and sticking with it right away... HOWEVER on the yellow flag before when the 10 car punted the 4 car off of 1, no call was made...

Credit to Todd and the 2 car cause for the most of the race Todd raced Ryan fairly clean, and had those rotors glowing trying to stay off of him... if Ryan did get him, thats a tough deal and too bad.... BUT if you're gonna tell me on a "SUNDAY" nationaly televised show aka SPRINT CUP/shoe box race, if the
2nd place car gets into the leader and spins him out on the white flag lap, they'd take the win away from that car I think not... the only thing they'd say is tune in next week and see what happens... but again kudos to Chad Little for making a call and sticking with it...

I guess all I can say is, if I could quote SMS announcer Matt Buckler as he said in the club house after the race "tune in for the STAFFORD MOTOR SPEEDWAY FALL FINAL. Ryan Preece leads one race and blows up, then makes history and then becomes a mystery in another race... DON'T MISS THIS ONE"

can SHOWTIME Jimmy Blewett make it 3 in a row at the track that will always have a part of his past at it on the 1yr aniversary of that sad day... we will see my friends we will see

Gil
08-09-2008, 02:40 AM
Groundpounder,

Sorry I took so long getting back to you but shortly after I posted my time question my son called and asked me if I wanted to meet him at Stafford. So, I went and saw the show, qualifying on, in person.

I followed you advice and set the correct time zone in the control panel. Somehow I was set to show a time 4 hours earlier than EDT. :applause:

ps: Turned out to be a pretty good night!

KyleMac45
08-09-2008, 09:05 AM
Hey Rich... I got a good feeling for Jimmy next Thursday! Also you coming Thursday to Thompson?

I know I'll be there I can't miss this race...

Kyle

RichKeator
08-09-2008, 12:16 PM
i might be up there. Man kyle you must be kickin yourself, $HOWTIME wins 2 in a romw and you wern't at EITHER of them?!?! if he wrecks at Thompson you might have to stay home the rest of the season and watch the race on SPEED oh wait that was a bad joke... thank god for T.C.H

limodmaniac
08-09-2008, 01:58 PM
I think Nascar made the wrong call last night.

I don't know if Ryan got into Todd or not. Things happen so fast.

Eddie Flemke sorta made the same comments during post race interviews.

But then again, maybe that was because of what happened with him and the 4???

Either way, it was a shame Ryan and Todd came together. They were the class of the field last night.

M T Pockets
08-09-2008, 02:36 PM
Time to step in and set the record straight. The 10 car made a move to the inside of the 4 and kept the car down. The 28 gave the 4 car a shot to the bumper which turned him into the 10. No opinions just facts. Case closed.

Rabbit504
08-09-2008, 02:48 PM
Time to step in and set the record straight. The 10 car made a move to the inside of the 4 and kept the car down. The 28 gave the 4 car a shot to the bumper which turned him into the 10. No opinions just facts. Case closed.

I wasn't there, But what M T is saying here has happened many time before.
No fault just one of them racing deals.
Eddie has been around a long time and he's no angel.
I think if Eddie got the 4 he would say so.
Oh, by the way IMHO Preece got screwed.

SteveS
08-09-2008, 03:47 PM
The powers that be up in the tower dug themselves a hole and got buried in it. They looked the other way when the 3 car jumped the restart in grand fashion twice. He should have been penalized exactly like the 79 was earlier this year for the same crime. If they had penalized him or thrown a caution and restarted with a warning they likely would not have placed themselves in the position of "do we also ignore the third transgression when he takes out the leader". If they did penalize him and he hits the 2 in the end you can call it a racing deal/grey area/happened to fast to call it. As it played out, Nascar felt they needed to take action and they over react because of their earlier ignorance. I hate the politics that gets played out in this series. Why can't they make decisions without factoring in who was involved. State what the rules are for driver conduct, state what the penalty is for violation of those rules and then enforce the damn rules the same way regardless of what number is painted on the side of the car. The 2 ran the 3 car clean all night, could have done a bump and run but didn't and then gets taken out by the 3 for driving like a gentleman. Preece did apologize to Todd and admit he screwed up but that doesn't change the outcome. Now you move forward to a future event, what should Todd do differently, what will Ryan do differently and most importantly, what will Nascar do differently. If Nascar can't or won't be consistent and harsh with justice the teams may as well bolt on battering rams and fend for themselves.

Jaws
08-09-2008, 05:21 PM
The powers that be up in the tower dug themselves a hole and got buried in it. They looked the other way when the 3 car jumped the restart in grand fashion twice. He should have been penalized exactly like the 79 was earlier this year for the same crime. If they had penalized him or thrown a caution and restarted with a warning they likely would not have placed themselves in the position of "do we also ignore the third transgression when he takes out the leader". If they did penalize him and he hits the 2 in the end you can call it a racing deal/grey area/happened to fast to call it. As it played out, Nascar felt they needed to take action and they over react because of their earlier ignorance. I hate the politics that gets played out in this series. Why can't they make decisions without factoring in who was involved. State what the rules are for driver conduct, state what the penalty is for violation of those rules and then enforce the damn rules the same way regardless of what number is painted on the side of the car. The 2 ran the 3 car clean all night, could have done a bump and run but didn't and then gets taken out by the 3 for driving like a gentleman. Preece did apologize to Todd and admit he screwed up but that doesn't change the outcome. Now you move forward to a future event, what should Todd do differently, what will Ryan do differently and most importantly, what will Nascar do differently. If Nascar can't or won't be consistent and harsh with justice the teams may as well bolt on battering rams and fend for themselves.

I only saw the one jump but it was big time when he was on the outside and took the lead. I was waiting for the caution but none thrown.

By the way going into turn 3 the 2 put the bumper to the 3 a few times, yeah he could have turned him but he did not. But he let him know he was there.

mrbadexample
08-11-2008, 01:57 PM

Dude, You really believe that NASCAR, in their infinite wisdom, knew Ryan was going to take the 2 out? Do you read what you write before you hit "post"? Does your crystal ball have any hot stock picks?
It is a shame that NASCAR exacts a penalty for something that happens nearly every Friday and Saturday night at short tracks across the country. Do you also think if Ryan "drilled" as you so eloquently posted elsewhere, which the video does not confirm, TC or $howtime, he would have been penalized? I don't. Where did you get that Ryan admitted he screwed up when he apologized to Todd. He apologized for what happened. Big difference. Remember, if worms had machine guns, birds wouldn't f_ _k with 'em...

SteveS
08-11-2008, 08:31 PM
Dude, You really believe that NASCAR, in their infinite wisdom, knew Ryan was going to take the 2 out? Do you read what you write before you hit "post"? Does your crystal ball have any hot stock picks?
It is a shame that NASCAR exacts a penalty for something that happens nearly every Friday and Saturday night at short tracks across the country. Do you also think if Ryan "drilled" as you so eloquently posted elsewhere, which the video does not confirm, TC or $howtime, he would have been penalized? I don't. Where did you get that Ryan admitted he screwed up when he apologized to Todd. He apologized for what happened. Big difference. Remember, if worms had machine guns, birds wouldn't f_ _k with 'em...

I'm sorry but I never implied Nascar might have known he was going to take him out. The point was directed more toward their inconsistancy in applying the penalty. Ronnie Silk jumped the restart in an earlier race this year and was penalized for it. Why shouldn't Preece have received exatly the same penalty as Silk? By letting that slide, it seems to me, they felt they had to make it right and way over-reacted. I absolutely DO NOT feel the win should have been taken away because that is unprecedented. Now what will they do in the future under similar situation? I think Nascar needs to clarify how they arrived at that penalty and if they intend to make it the new standard. I certainly hope not. I just wish they would issue a list of infractions and a penalty assigned to each and then enforce it consistently/fairly. I also realize there is grey area involved in a lot of situations/decisions. I'm sorry if the point I was attempting to make was not clear.