PDA

View Full Version : Bowman Gray

Racer53
08-09-2008, 10:56 PM
Just got back from Bowman Gray stadium, and I gotta say it was pretty awesome! The whole place is set up like the coliseum, and it was PACKED! It didn't hurt that it was $1 ladies night (An idea Riverhead might want to try) and they had 2 Modified 25 lap features, and 2 Late Model 20 lap races. For the first races they time trial, and for the 2nd race they pick out of a hat, so everyone has a chance to win throughout the night. It also is a 1/4 mile track, but its tighter than Riverhead, if thats possible. Also, $10 for grandstands, $20 for pits and there had to be well over 12,000 people there tonight, probably close to 15,000. Well, good luck to all the Riverhead competitors and fans... see some of you at Martinsville.

Sean

btgoss
08-10-2008, 11:31 AM
They have had over 20K for Ladies night in the past few years.

I have always said Riverhead needs to be as much like Bowman Gray as possible. Or if a new track should ever be built, it should be patterned after a combination of Bowman Gray and Irwindale. Both of those tracks do enough right and work with the surrounding communities to make a great place to race.

You should check out youTube for some videos from the Stadium. There is a local channel down there that covers the races very well, and all of that stuff is on youTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbkPVDyNnJM

Also why we need cops at the track. I bet a few situations like this, and there would be a lot less fighting.