PDA

View Full Version : shoe was on the other foot

fastgal
08-10-2008, 05:50 AM
roger gets taken out while leading and no call. no consistincy.:confused:

allhailunc
08-10-2008, 06:29 AM
maybe now folks can see why a number of the good drivers did not come back:disgusted

The Bullfather
08-10-2008, 10:15 AM
More too it then that!

Nascarracerso
08-10-2008, 10:29 AM
The officiating this year has been just awful. I sometimes question the sanity and vision of the head officials. Seems to me that they also play favorites, making an example out of the 39 for supposedly dumping the leader two weeks ago. On the other hand when the 39 (who is leading the race) gets dumped by the 10, absolutely nothing is done. Does that sound like a little favoritism or what? The officials need to get their heads on straight. Also, last night when the 7 seemed to spin on its own, the officials tried to blame the spin on the 39 who was at least a half-a-car length or more behind the 7! The 39 has gotten screwed 3 times this year. Honestly, what else can they do to prevent the 39 from winning? Might as well not let the 39 race at all, considering that’s basically what they've been doing. At this point, further poor officiating in the late models and other divisions would not surprise me in the least bit. I just warn the other drivers in other divisions...if the officials don't like you or have anything wrong with you, watch out, because you will get screwed too. I'm not just saying this because I'm related to Roger Oxee, but because it's just plain wrong. Officials like these should not be able to run a race track. People who have never set foot in a racecar should not be the ones making the calls out on the racetrack. Favoritism and Riverhead Raceway Officials should not got hand in hand. But sadly, they do. It’s not just the 39 who has gotten screwed multiple times. I know the 68 got taken out by the 10 a few weeks ago and nothing happened. Not to mention Tommy Rogers getting screwed many times this year in the mods. I may be digging a hole here for the 39 team in the future weeks, but honestly, what else can the officials do? How much deeper can the hole get?

FERGBIZZ
08-10-2008, 11:41 AM
there was ALOT of contact going on in that race...unfortunately the 39 was the one who went around...definitely was unintentional

cuzzzy59
08-10-2008, 01:21 PM
Mirror driving 101 is what you witnessed last night.Take the damn things out of the cars,so the show you viewed last night don't happen. the "CONTACT" referred to as going on,was a direct result of an ill handling car [51]. Along with a large MIRROR [some good:(] that was!! Not to be forgiven of his exploits is the NEWLYWED, that was a beautiful gift the officials gave him.People when you are on the outside and get spun across in front of the field,then you had alot of help [intentional or not], it's still contact PERIOD!!
SO DO THE RIGHT THING AND BE CONSISTANT

HAVE A NICE DAY:wave:

An Observer
08-10-2008, 03:59 PM
Don't get me started on inconssitency and favoritism. A certain Black car was supposedly turned and then long time champion had his last victory taken away after he had taken the checker and started his victory lap. Never been back after that season.:mad::disgusted:(:mad:

Zemco117e
08-10-2008, 04:03 PM
Its nice to see fast cars try passing on the outside insead of drivin through people on the bottom. The only problem is you get right turned into the fence when the car on the outside is up to the door of the car on the inside.. rich people should say out of racing... Just words.

part timer
08-10-2008, 08:20 PM
Riverhead has always had its favorites and its whipping boys. It's never been more obvious than this past Saturday night. For whatever reason the 10 is the favorite this year, it's just as obvious who the whipping boy is. Go get'em, RJ.

Fine Line
08-10-2008, 08:21 PM
I have to apologise to Roger Oxee for thinking that he turned me coming off turn 4. We spoke after the race and it turned out that I was wrong and I am happy that the officals did not put Roger to the rear for rough riding. Roger always races clean and has helped me out alot over the years that I have been racing in the Late Models. I hope that there are no hard feelings.

Sorry Roger!!!

Chris La Spisa 7 Late Model

CheckerWon
08-10-2008, 08:24 PM
cuzzy, I don't know what race you were watching..... My car #51 was NOT ill handling...for your information I am a rookie out there and still learning....I battled with roger for about 3 laps ...I was running him high pinching him up a little to take away his line and this was for the lead by the way...I ended up moving up a little to high after those laps side by side with roger and therefor the #10 scott was able to get inside of me , when I became the meat in the sandwhich I backed out in turn three and let them race....the next lap after that I saw roger go around If you look at the jam pics you can plainly see what happened... and also for your information I was taken out while minding my own business and running well ... but hey I agree with someone that said people should pass on the outside instead of driving thru you , if they are faster....very suprised at the person that drove that way but as I said we are still learning as a team.... thanks for your OPINION !!!!

jeffrey
08-10-2008, 09:09 PM
Roger last night just showed what a good driver really is.he had a chance to take out the 10 and he didnt even try.he gave him the win.at least he didnt do what that a$$ did in the figure 8's last night.I was told that the flag man wanted to send the 10 to the back but the higher ups said no.but like i have been saying all year it will never change.and Roger good luck this week in the 2 mod its a good car.

cuzzzy59
08-10-2008, 09:46 PM
YOUR WELCOME CHECKER anytime:wave:

An Observer
08-11-2008, 01:10 AM
10 gets prferential treatment. Been going on for years.:disgusted:(:mad:

Tower Man
08-11-2008, 07:18 AM
I don't agree with that one. The 10 isn't on the preferential list.

RacinRob
08-11-2008, 11:00 AM
Arties car was pretty strong all night and did not have any handling issues from where I was watching. And i think hes doing a good job of learning on the fly. Its hard to learn when you have 12-13 other cars beating and banging to get to the front. So lets give credit where credits due.

RPMcGrellis414
08-11-2008, 11:34 AM
I saw the 51 get taken out as well forgot who did it but they were not put to the back either so it was prob just a bad night all around for the officals, a few other races had some people going around with no calls :disgusted

catfish
08-11-2008, 04:29 PM
I agree Tower have scene him get the short end of the stick man times in years past

greggforce01
08-11-2008, 04:53 PM
Bottom Line is this, calls need to be consistant. Majoirty of the time, new drivers don't intentionally spin other cars out there. Experienced drivers could either get bumped into the person in front of them to spin them out, or they could be doing it intentionally.

Maybe if you spin the leader, you should always go to the back, unless you were pushed into him by someone else?

jeffrey
08-11-2008, 06:41 PM
In all sports you are going to get some bad calls against you.it happens theres nothing you can do about it.but I really dont think the 10 wanted to win the race that way.Has oxee ever won a race that way.more then likely yes he has.do you think oxee ever wanted to win a race the way the 10 did.I dont think so.but it happens sometimes that way.Its a small track you have 25 laps to win and sometimes you got to do what you got to do to get that win.and the 10 felt that he had to dump oxee to get the win.so in all sports your going to get calls for you and calls against you.is it fair no.but life isent fair.and the officals have been very consistent with there calls there bad calls.and not by sending the 10 to the back was a very bad call.

Tower Man
08-11-2008, 07:18 PM
Here's how I see the inconsistency. Jim and Mike often are in the flag stand or the infield. Sometimes Jim will make the call and sometimes Mike will make the call. They are two different guys and they may see things different.

I don't think, as they are driving to the track they ask themselves, "Who will I shaft tonight?" No they drive out there and probably say. "I'm going to do the best I can tonight".

Back in the late 90's, Mike Scarito and I shared the duties. It lasted only a few weeks because you cannot have 2 "Chiefs". Mike took over the pit area and tech and I made the calls on the ramp. Not alweays the right call But I too did the best I could on any given night.

Fkraft99
08-12-2008, 10:00 AM
i didnt see the spin off of 4 but i did see the end result and i did the move for the lead going into 4. now i like scott and think hes a really good driver, but it looked to me like he had all 4 under the white line making it 3 wide going into 3 which i thought was no no....and then i missed the end of it but it did look like RJ was spinning across his nose. and like i said last week. intentional or not, if the leader goes around due to contact from another car, that car should be put to the back. that being said id also like to say...

Good Job JRod...coming from last to 3rd doin most of the passing on the outside. gave up third at the end because you suck, but i wont hold it against ya. lol. and a special thanks to Grant and everyone at Northeastern Office Equipment for buying tires for the 08 this week.

part timer
08-12-2008, 11:27 AM
Bottom line is the only consistency at Riverhead is inconsistent and biased officiating. It doesn't matter who the Chief Steward is. The position is nothing but a puppet dangling on the Cromarty's strings. It always has been. Now there just happens to be two puppets.

The Bullfather
08-12-2008, 01:32 PM
The video will be posted tonight or the next night on my site. Scott was racing Artie off of turn 2, he almost got him sideways. Both cars came into turn 3 looking at the same real estate. Scott only had two tires down low, but it was because both cars were looking for the same spot. Scott drove in hard and got under Artie clean, Oxee came down low trying to get the bite off the corner. Scott front was there, he didn't dump, he had no time to dump him! It seemed like racing to me, but both guys are class acts. Could Oxee explain the Chris Laspisa spin? I know your car was a lot faster, not sure if he had wheel spin off the corners. I know Oxee doesn't race that way at all! Wait till the highlights to see it.

part timer
08-12-2008, 01:46 PM
The issue isn't whether or not the 10 dumped him. The issue in this case is there was no call. Two weeks ago there was a call. Either you're going to be put to the back for spinning the leader, intentionally or not, or you're going to be able to continue. Which is it? If it had been the other way around we all know the 39 would have been sent to the back. And personally, I think the 10 could have lifted...Just my 2 cents.

The Bullfather
08-12-2008, 03:01 PM
The 39 would have been sent to the back, says who? The difference between the two situtations is Oxee and Albano was on the frontstretch headed in to turn 1. This happened coming out of a turn 4. Scott had Artie on the bottom after they were bumping on the backstretch. Scott had to powe through to safe himself. After he did Oxee was already coming out of the turn, Oxee could have stayed high but didn't. He didn't see Scott, Scott had no time to react he didn't dump through him. Please wait till you see the video later on to see the incident. It will be up tonight after I tape my bench racing series. Oxee and Alfano both said there peace and it was settled. Oxee does not get the short end of the stick on calls at all! He could have easily been sent to the back for the Laspisa incident earlier in the race! Roger Oxee is well liked and respected.

catfish
08-12-2008, 03:07 PM
"Scott only had two tires down low"

I didn't think you were supposed to have any tires below the line, not taking sides and really don't care but if that is the rule then it is the rule. Maybe I am wrong but !:confused::confused:

The Bullfather
08-12-2008, 03:27 PM
The reason why two tires were below the white line was that Scott and Artie were battling it out coming out of turn 2 and both went for the same space in turn 3.

RovinPromotions
08-12-2008, 05:49 PM
Pete, Chris La spisa has already made it clear to us all that ROGER had no part in his spinning. this can be found on page 1 of this thread. :wave:

part timer
08-12-2008, 06:51 PM
Of course "Roger Oxee is well liked and respected." Apparently by everyone except the officials. Your memory can't be that short.

Nascarracerso
08-12-2008, 07:06 PM
The 39 would have been sent to the back, says who? The difference between the two situtations is Oxee and Albano was on the frontstretch headed in to turn 1. This happened coming out of a turn 4. Scott had Artie on the bottom after they were bumping on the backstretch. Scott had to powe through to safe himself. After he did Oxee was already coming out of the turn, Oxee could have stayed high but didn't. He didn't see Scott, Scott had no time to react he didn't dump through him. Please wait till you see the video later on to see the incident. It will be up tonight after I tape my bench racing series. Oxee and Albano both said there peace and it was settled. Oxee does not get the short end of the stick on calls at all! He could have easily been sent to the back for the Laspisa incident earlier in the race! Roger Oxee is well liked and respected.

You've got to be kidding me. The 39 did stay high through the entire turn (turn 3 &4). The fact of the matter is that the 10 had two tires below the line entering the turn, naturally making his car drift up to the high groove through the center and exit of the turn, if the 10 in fact chose not to back out of the throttle (which obviously he didn't). And saying that the 39 hasn't gotten the short end of the stick this year is ridiculous. Have you watched the races this year? Also, saying that the 39 could have gotten sent to the back for the "7 incident" is also absurd. The 39 was no where near the 7 when he spun. Most people who watched the race can back that up. And I'm quite certain Ken's name (LM 35) is Ken Alfano.

W. J.
08-12-2008, 07:27 PM
Maybe got his two favorite sports mixed up? Albano/Alfano.

LOL!

catfish
08-12-2008, 08:35 PM
I don't know he and Kenny may be related lol

bulldozer
08-12-2008, 09:57 PM
Pete when is the video going to be up i missed the first half of the race.Come on now Warner Wolf lets go to the video tape.

The Bullfather
08-12-2008, 10:24 PM
PART I is now up!!! You can view the video and judge for yourself! I hope you enjoy this edition. The video highlights the passing and mishaps.

cuzzzy59
08-13-2008, 07:33 AM
ok now that i have viewed the tape,i stand on my assessment of the race.:disgusted

Fkraft99
08-13-2008, 09:18 AM
i take back what i said about the entry to the corner. i thought he was a lot lower, and even though he had 2 wheels under the bumps it looks like he was forced down there off of 2.

as far as the spin goes. i feel like its the same story as last time we ran with roger and the 35. i dont think scott had any intentions of spinning the 39, looked like just a racing deal, but i still feel like a racing deal or not. if you have contact with the leader and he goes around you should be penalized for it.

part timer
08-13-2008, 10:33 AM
My point exactly.

Jaws
08-13-2008, 11:01 AM
I don't know he and Kenny may be related lol

Lou Albano is racing at Riverhead this year? Thats pretty cool:lol:

randomrodder
08-13-2008, 11:50 AM
Lou Albano is racing at Riverhead this year? Thats pretty cool:lol:

Yeah and Cyndi Lauper is his pit crew.