PDA

View Full Version : ''The Figure 8's ran out of time ''

figure849
08-10-2008, 08:08 AM
Since when are the figure 8's under a 28 minute time limit?
A double point race, with 5 added laps and the race is stopped after 28 minutes . A normal race has a 40 minute time limit. 5 extra laps and less time to race.
This race started at 9:32 and we were on the scales at 10:02.
Is it that important to give the school busses 58:00 minutes so they do not go over cerfew? Was there a big chance of rain ?
A good driver knows when to be patient , and when it is time to go.
Should every lap from the drop of the green be raced like it is the last lap?
There were a few cautions , But that was just racing . It was'nt like they could not get a lap in.
I can't think of one good or even so so reason to stop the race EARLY.

W. J.
08-10-2008, 08:35 AM
I can think of one. There were a lot of young kids there, and they wanted to get the busses out and finish the show as early as they could, leaving time for them to visit the pits, or just get home earlier.
I thought the 'time limit' call was a bit strange, but the above is why I figured it was done.

The Bullfather
08-10-2008, 10:18 AM
Call from the office was made, got me why it was but it was! 34 was fast, he had Roger a few times, knocking him around. Good racing. Tasso got under the 34 in turn 3 (aka turn 1) collected a bunch of cars.

chris061
08-10-2008, 11:03 AM
it is amazing to me the lack of respect some people have it just seems to me certain cars are there forthe wrong reasons. last night i went to see a demo and a fig 8 race broke out > :confused:

leah28racing
08-10-2008, 12:26 PM
what does that mean chris

00 RBDJ
08-10-2008, 08:20 PM
Not only did the race end early but why wasn't the caution flag thrown when the 0x and 13 were locked together. With the radiator blown on the 0x spitting steam at Tom and burning him I would think that should be reason enough alone, but with him standing outside the car with Mike still trying to get the cars apart, what were they waiting for. I don't want to take anything away for Kenny because he did run a really great race but I can't belive that no one protested with it being double points. A lot could have happened in 5 laps..... Besides when a sponsor comes to the race it would nice to have the name said correctly even after it was called to the booth after the first time it was still said wrong again.. Great impression for someone who has never been at the track before, we will see if we'll get that sponsor back. This is just my opinion....

CheckerWon
08-10-2008, 08:29 PM
I think Scott #27 got screwed on that final restart.... Kenny jumped the start 1/2 way between the turns before the restart line... The yellow should have been thrown !!!!!!! oh well I think Scott ran great all in all ........JMO

chris061
08-10-2008, 08:36 PM
nothing directed at anyone just a whole lot of beating and banging that shoudnt happen.alot of cars getting unnessary damage,thats all.

leah28racing
08-10-2008, 08:50 PM
My dads gotta lot of damage considering he got second. he got knocked into a few times. race was crazy. we had 2 weeks off and went into a dbl pointer. everyone was anxious.
and we are off again next week. rediiiiiiiculoussssssssssssssss.3 out of 4 weks off. dumbest thingi ever heard.

figure849
08-10-2008, 09:12 PM
How can the leader start the race and be in fourth place at the start finish line.
def. should have been a restart.
Guess they thought they owed Kenny one.
This one was handed to him.

CheckerWon
08-10-2008, 10:05 PM
Ditto......

DOR 58 FIGURE 8
08-10-2008, 10:12 PM
"Guess they thought they owed Kenny one.
This one was handed to him".
What's that supost to mean? What are you saying Kenny didn't earn that win? :confused: Roger told me that, that was one of the best races he's seen Kenny run, and something along the lines that Roger didn't think he would have been able to catch him, after being up in the marbles his tires really stunk. Watch the tape and you will see the 2nd and 4th place cars passing the line before the first and 3rd place cars. And if the 1st place car wasn't sleeping maybe he would have beaten the 4th place car across the line!! When the Green Flag is dropped it means Go, not wait for the 1st place car to wake up. I was suprised they didn't throw the caution too, but then again who am I to complain!! Then even when they threw the checked flag I was even more suprised, but still no complains here. Yes, alot can happen in 5 laps but I still think the finish would have been "about" the same.
In victory lane Kenny said to 1 offical why wasn't the caution thrown for that restart, and he said "because he jumped the flag on the last restart, now you are even!"
Denise, they were off the racing surface was why they didn't want to stop the race but when a driver makes A STUPID move while another driver is trying to get out of a car that he's getting burned in then that's what made for a dangerous situation, which then they threw the caution. And if it wasn't for that STUPID move the caution wouldn't have been thrown and the race would have went another 4 Laps to the end!!

:cheers:To KENNY HYDE:cheers:

figure849
08-10-2008, 10:42 PM
Dor , remember Roger does not come on here, this is my opinion.
could Roger have caught Kenny with 4 to go?
maybe not. But a restart with 5 to go. the scheduled 25 laps , Yes I think Roger could have made that move. Should the restart before have been called off, YES the leader restarts the race.
We were spoken to a few weeks ago for not restarting at the start finish line. Now we are back to restarting at the restart line in our turn 4.

yes the finish would have been ''about '' the same.

RickFigure8
08-11-2008, 01:55 AM
Artie and a couple others are right, that restart should have been yellowed, the leader is suppossed to start the race. Also as Artie said the race was stopped after 28 minutes. I turn on the timer in my camcorder at every start, restart and finish so it's right on my tape. Five laps left, who knows what might have happened, it's actually a lot of time for changes in our race. The full 25 laps would have been finished before the 40 minute time limit.They were in such a rush to get through things and yet they had the blindfold in the middle of the show which messed up much of the track instead of having it before the busses. Then they just had to play with that loader instead of just using a chain and pulling that car off the block with a tow truck. The caution should have been thrown for Mike and Tom to see if they were both okay. The officiating seems to be getting worse, not better as the year goes on. There was another thing I saw that I think slipped past the officials during one of the cautions but I won't get into that here. If my video of the race came out decent I might see about getting it up on my youtube, I haven't watched it yet.

Rick

Ka$h25
08-11-2008, 02:29 AM
The only thing I'd like to add is that a driver should not be discredited for officiating decisions. Kenny Hyde led the last lap -- end of story. No need to speculate who would of won, who could of done what, or what should of happened. The winning driver deserves his respects.

As for the officiating I'll simply say that a rule should be implemented and no double point features should have time limits. I would rather see a double point race be suspended and picked up rather then shortened. Other then that, I don't know the rules, which apparently say 40 minutes? Nor do I know where we were at, although two separate posters come up with the same number. But something seems wrong there.

The other incident I thought was just awful. If a driver spins off the track and is out of the way that's one thing, but anytime there is a collision and a car stops moving there needs to be attention towards the well being of the drivers involved (via track crew nearby). I understand that's not available to the figure 8's, and in that case there should be a yellow thrown. Even the slightest hit the wrong way could cause physical harm to a driver and it's too much of a liability to let them sit there until the next caution. It may not seem like a big deal now, but it wouldn't be outrageous to think a driver could be knocked unconscious and sit on the front stretch for 10 laps before the next caution comes out and anyone notices something is wrong. I think changes need to be made now before it's too late.

RPMcGrellis414
08-11-2008, 11:42 AM
it is amazing to me the lack of respect some people have it just seems to me certain cars are there forthe wrong reasons. last night i went to see a demo and a fig 8 race broke out >

It was so dissapointing to see a certain car try to push another car into the blocks near the light sat. night:mad: he bumped him completely beyond the white line, he deserved to be spun but unfourtantely the other car got the worst of it:disgusted

and in terms of time i thought the figure 8 race shouldve been a 30 lapper to begin with:D there was also only 10 cars out on the track when the race was over just something to think about

FERGBIZZ
08-11-2008, 12:29 PM
28 mins? was it really? It seemed like alot longer than that. I agree w/ Kash, no double point race should ever be time limited but I still find it very hard to believe this race was only 28 mins.

leah28racing
08-11-2008, 12:35 PM
if u wanna start something. might as well write the name too if your gonna write something about them

RPMcGrellis414
08-11-2008, 01:43 PM
my bad guess your right the 34 seemed to jump every restart and pushed the 3 down beyond the white on a one of the laps causing the 3 to push back and go into the wall collecting a few cars and causing unnessacary yellow flag which if not thrown the race woulda continued:disgusted:disgusted

W. J.
08-11-2008, 03:22 PM
Amazing! "unnecessary yellow flag?" Only 3 cars running after that tangle, and the flag wasn't neccessary?

As to that wreck, the 3 got down below the white line on the 34 as they entered that turn, and turned the 34 sideways as they got into the turn, causing the rest of the field to pile in, knocking both of them around, and you are trying to say the 34 jumped a restart and caused this fiasco? I don't know where you saw it form, but I was sitting right there in the grandstand of that turn, and that's what I saw.

Yeah, the officials might have made a bad call on the time limit, but it had nothing to do with that incident. It had everything to do with Mike Mujsce and Tom Ferrara sitting off the racing surface, but in cars where the officials thought they'd seen a small fire. That was the call on the radio for that yellow.

The Bullfather
08-11-2008, 04:46 PM
Officials never made the call, the call for the time limit came from the office.

W. J.
08-11-2008, 05:05 PM
Officials never made the call, the call for the time limit came from the office.I've seen their shirts and it says "Official" on it. Your usual argument is moot, as always.

jeffrey
08-11-2008, 07:05 PM
my bad guess your right the 34 seemed to jump every restart and pushed the 3 down beyond the white on a one of the laps causing the 3 to push back and go into the wall collecting a few cars and causing unnessacary yellow flag which if not thrown the race woulda continued:disgusted:disgusted

dosent green mean go.if the leader dosent go when the green is thrown then the 34 has evrey right to go.and Ralph tasso has hit every car out there this year.should be thrown out for that crap he did saturday night.he did it to him self then wants to blame the 34.

Tower Man
08-11-2008, 07:22 PM
W.J. and Bullfather...I can attest, time limit calls are made from the office. Not the people who weasr official shirts. Let's end it and move on.

When you read my book you will see insidents based on fact about that one.

RPMcGrellis414
08-11-2008, 08:18 PM
the yellow flag was nessacary but to drive another car beyond the white line is unnessacary

RPMcGrellis414
08-11-2008, 08:20 PM
dosent green mean go.if the leader dosent go when the green is thrown then the 34 has evrey right to go.and Ralph tasso has hit every car out there this year.should be thrown out for that crap he did saturday night.he did it to him self then wants to blame the 34.

thrown out?? are you kidding me green means go the car in front of you dosent go you go AROUND HIM not try to take him out of the race :mad:

fisherman
08-11-2008, 08:34 PM
maybe some of you who are complain should buy a figure8 car and give it a try. when the green comes out go if you want to not be ready restart in the back . way to go kenny

W. J.
08-11-2008, 09:02 PM
W.J. ...I can attest, time limit calls are made from the office. Not the people who wear official shirts. Let's end it and move on.

When you read my book you will see insidents based on fact about that one.Well Joe, here's the proof. Look at both pictures.

www.racerhub.com/photos/showphoto.php?photo=75955
www.racerhub.com/photos/showphoto.php?photo=75957

I see the word 'Official' on Jim's shirt. It was alluded to that the call 'came from the office', and Barbara and Jim are the one's in the office.

Wheel Racing
08-11-2008, 09:13 PM
There wasn't a good re-start the whole race. Every single re-start had someone jumping and the rest of the field playing catch up. The only positive thing I can say is that at least the officials were consistent. It would have been a shame if Kenny was flagged for the last re-start since no other driver was penalized leading to that point. I think the race was flagged more or less because the officials seemed to have lost control of the race and the time limit was a close enough scapegoat.Very dissapointing race that saw some really good cars suffer too much unnecessary damage.

randomrodder
08-11-2008, 11:05 PM
Amazing how some people have to take others down just to make themselves look better. You see these type running others into the wall during a race all the time. Really shows how small they are. :wave:

Ka$h25
08-12-2008, 01:27 AM
Personally, I was looking right at the area of which that accident happened and didn't see what started it. It happened so quickly that I don't know how anyone can comment on it without seeing a tape. As for the 3, I haven't see much of what you talk about, but I haven't been out there every week so I suppose your opinion is your own. However, to say he should be thrown out is simply asinine, which really shouldn't shock me coming from you.

As for T-shirts, mine says Polo. What does that make me?

leah28racing
08-12-2008, 08:35 AM
if the call came from the office or not... They wear official shirts too.. no?

not for nothing i didnt see 34 get out of his car the 3 times he was dumped by the 3 honestly.that was a little uncalled for. Maybe if that didn't happen we would have been able to finish the race.:)

loving74
08-14-2008, 12:54 AM
It's amazing how you people just can't give Kenny the credit he deserves! What if? How about? Who cares, Kenny got what he got cause he worked for it! Give the guy a break! Congrats Kenny!

LaFilms
08-14-2008, 02:11 AM
If anyone's interested, I put the incident up on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlcU-P64k5ke.

Duke22
08-14-2008, 09:42 AM
I wasn't there and haven't been to the track this year, but after looking at the youtube clip....
1-Ralph was still holding his position when Arne pinched him down.
2-Once again, if the cones weren't there, Ralph could have cut down and avoided what turned out to be a big wreck.

Ka$h25
08-14-2008, 04:22 PM
I find it outrageous to blame the 3 there. The 34 is the outside car, yet he drove it in on the white line with no regard for where the 3 was. Should the 3 hold his line and drive right into the cones? or should he get off the gas and submit to the 34? :disgusted

RickFigure8
08-14-2008, 08:42 PM
It sucks but the crash part really was Ralph's fault. Arne drifted up and ran Ralph high in turn two and coming off the turn Ralph was not able to keep up and stay next to Arne. If Ralph was able to stay next to Arne he would have just shoved his way back in and moved Arne over. As far back as Ralph was he should have dropped behind him, and don't say this never happens, there's been plenty of times Tom has had to back off and drop behind someone in order to get outside the cones. Ralph should have held Arne down right from the beginning going in to the first turn. Arne was technically in the low groove in one and two, compare his line to Toms coming off turn two. Ralph let himself get screwed in one and two, but you can't turn someone to the left when you too have to make a left, it's a lose lose situation as was seen. As far as the cones not being there, then just let everyone cut through the infeild like they used to. Someone runs you out, no problem, just take the shortcut. It will happen steadily and constantly. I should put up a portion of my video from a race earlier this year when all the cones were gone going into turn one and the very first lap they were not there two or three cars immediately moved the turn down about 10 feet, lap after lap. Those cones keep the turns somewhat under control. It's not a perfect method but I can't think of a better way to do it. No cones, and let officials watch, do you have any clue just how much will be missed?