PDA

View Full Version : So how was he??

Mortgage Guy
08-10-2008, 08:42 PM
I couldn't make it to the races, but I always like to hear any feedback on how Hollywoodmic (Steve Halpin) was last night filling in for the always great Jeff Bressler. I for one am sorry I missed it, him and Bobby always seem to have a lot of fun up there.

leah28racing
08-10-2008, 08:56 PM
wish hed come back to announce. they are great together, alot more fun:)
more interesting, not boring................knows everyones names lol

RovinPromotions
08-10-2008, 09:22 PM
i thought steve did a superb job last night:cheers:

Turbo
08-10-2008, 09:45 PM
Wish he would be up there more!! :applause:

Wheel Racing
08-10-2008, 11:31 PM
Very entertaining and their chemistry is just great. He must have been drinking a Poland Spring water or something,because he was on his game like he never left.:applause:

Teds Race Tours
08-11-2008, 12:39 AM
I personally hated it. We missed him in turn 2.:cheers:

W. J.
08-11-2008, 07:25 AM
I thought he did a great job. There were a few minor mistakes, but anyone could have made them. Always a pleasure to listen to Bob and Steve banter during down times, they work well together and keep it interesting. :)

leah28racing
08-11-2008, 09:05 AM
ALL IN FAVOR OF STEVE COMING BACK?

SAY I

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

LOVE U STEVE

hollywoodmic
08-11-2008, 02:13 PM
Hey guys thanks. I had a blast. It's just this one time though, or unless they need me and I'm available. Jeff does a good job, it's not that easy, and nobody is perfect. If you don't think it's tough ask Doug Wholey he was up there and saw what we work with. It's a line up, hometowns,and regular sponsors are done from Bobby's memory, special guests & new sponsors are done from a sheet Bobby writes in the pits. I don't know how Jeff does it I have never worked with him.

Maybe we can get W.J up there, seems like we are still making mistakes................Funny WJ I stood with you and Oxee for a half hour and you never said anything to me, but how great it was. Then you come on here and make a comment like that. Must be great to always be "perfect" and never make a mistake, lol. :)As for all the "positive" responses, and all of the people that sought me out in the pits, thanks. I really do appreciate it. I have not been up there for over 4 years it was a good time I thank the Crommarty's for allowing me to do it. I'll see you in Turn 2.

Steve Halpin

W. J.
08-11-2008, 03:11 PM
Maybe I need to clarify what I meant. Basically, it was when you got Jason Savoy wrong in the rollover, when you called him Brian, and Bob added, "You mean Jason, right?" Just a little boo-boo, I wasn't trying to be critical, or I would have brought it up when we spoke by RJ's car. Sorry if it was missunderstood.
I truly thought you did a great job, as always.

FERGBIZZ
08-11-2008, 03:14 PM
so is "Sunshine" the new nickname, lol???

hollywoodmic
08-11-2008, 03:21 PM
See WJ there is your 1st mistake. I said Russell Savoy. That was because last time I worked there full time Russell was racing and on the sheet it just said J.Savoy when I glanced over and Russell came to my head first. Like I said it's not as easy as it seems. I wasn't upset with what you said. I just think that sometimes people think it's easy, it's not. There is a lot of stuff to know up there. Hell during the Modified race I called Rusty Turbush, Rusty Wallace. Everything happens so fast and you have to do your best to get it right. Sometimes I don't think people understand the job that Bob Finan does, he is the one that is incredible. OK except for the jokes. Let's not turn this into a post about the jokes. Bottom line Bob Finan does a great job.
FERG I don't think the "Sunshine" is sticking. He was calling me "The Rainmaker" because the last 4 times I was to announce it rained. So no Sunshine for me, please.

W. J.
08-11-2008, 03:33 PM
I agree, Steve, Bob does do a great job, especially filling the time during cleanups and rain delays. I know it isn't easy. Maybe he could tell stories instead of doing the jokes? We all know the best jokes are the ones you can only tell to an all adult audience, lol!
Names are the other thing. A couple of weeks back, I got the first name of the Spectator Drag winner wrong in my column, but an email from a keen observer made that mistake easy to correct. It's not that easy after you've said it out loud, lol!

FERGBIZZ
08-12-2008, 12:37 PM
ok no Sunshine, thats fine. But did you see all those disappointed children in the pits after the races? They were all looking for Freddie to sign autographs as you and Bob had promised earlier in the day. It's not nice to give the kids false hope. lol

hollywoodmic
08-12-2008, 12:44 PM
When you get the buzz Freddie had it's damn near impossible to sign any autographs. That was funny, he said some kids actually came up to him. I'm just hoping Glenn Tyler is OK from that ride in the trunk of the roll over car,lol.

Fkraft99
08-12-2008, 03:41 PM
hey that beer was a gift ... it would have been rude not to drink it all. lol

and thanks for making me look like the bad guy when i didnt have anything to sign for those kids. lol

and btw pumpkin you were terrific in the booth... what number were we up to by the time you left? 40 something people?? lol good job bud.

diorhockey29
08-12-2008, 09:40 PM
Hey Steve,

Why didn't you tell me you were going to be there to annouce, I would have been there in a heartbeat!

Regina