PDA

View Full Version : My "Whoops"

Tracy87BB
08-11-2008, 09:44 AM
It was brought to my attention yesterday that there is an error in the "Word Around the Pits" section of Saturday night's race report. I mistakenly wrote that the double point time trial show for the Blunderbusts would be the first time the division had time trials for a double point race. Tommy Walkowiak refreshed my memory, and there has been at least one such race (possibly even two).

nascar071
08-11-2008, 11:43 AM
Thank you, #49 Jack Handly set fast time for the first one and I think a guy named Ron Langdon won the race:)

Fkraft99
08-12-2008, 09:37 AM
Jarrod Hayes set fast time for the first BB time trial show. but i believe it was no points. dont remember who won, think it was either chris busick or john clancy

Tracy87BB
08-12-2008, 09:42 AM
You are right about Jarrod setting fast time for the first-ever time trial race. Chris had fast time, and Jarrod was the last car to time trial. I told Chris on the way out to the track that the only person I thought might beat him was Jarrod. And Jarrod went out there and beat Chris by 0.02 seconds.

Yes, that was a non-points race...it was the very first 50-lapper.

The following season, they DID in fact run a time trial double point race - I believe it was the second double point race of the season. I stand corrected on that one.

nascar071
08-12-2008, 10:31 AM
First TT BB race was the 50 lap (no points) ( sponsored by Langdons Automotive) Chris Busick and Bobby put on a great race with both swapping the lead several times. J-Rod did set fast time. The first points TT show ,fast time was set by Jack Handly , though not a track record and the race was won by some rookie in only the third race of his BB career.