PDA

View Full Version : Thanks a Million

Tracy87BB
08-11-2008, 09:58 AM
I have some people I want to thank publicly for this past weekend.

Greg DiCanio (DiCanio's Stump Removal) - for letting me use the truck, for all of the help getting it set, for dealing with the last-minute craziness when you had your own car to worry about (who would have thought the dopey driver wouldn't think about the gas issue?), for getting me pumped and ready...the list goes on and on.

Lorraine, Julia and Nick DiCanio - for letting me invade the garage and be at the center of Co-Ed Night, for letting me borrow Greg to help me out, and for being supportive of me.

Tommy (Planet Earth Recycling) - for helping with the truck, for keeping me laughing, and for generally being a good guy. I never did end up getting onion rings yesterday, you know... and I still owe you a dollar.

Tom Sullivan - For all of your help Saturday, when my "car owner" wasn't around, even after I accused you of being the reason why things were going wrong.

Uncle Petey for letting me borrow your scorer, and Cindy Bott for actually scoring for me.

John for the great videotape.

Woot for the Fig Newton power. If you had let me know beforehand how exactly it worked, maybe I would have been a little faster. I guess now I know for next time.

"Snot Rocket" for not getting mad at my rookie error in judgement. Nowak (and probably a few others too) for giving me the time and space to correct myself when I got out of shape.

The entire division for not roughing me up. I tried to stay out of the way as much as possible (with the exception of suddenly thinking I could outrun the "Snot Rocket" and getting him sideways, while sending myself around).

Everyone who offered moral support, "barf bags", general assistance, words of encouragement...and those who stayed later than they had planned to watch the race.

It was, without a doubt, the most fun I've had. Someone told me that once I got the truck to my house, I might decide that I didn't want it to leave. I'm thinking now that he may have been right. I think I'll have to start working on putting together a sponsorship deal of my own to go racing (sorry JA)! Time to start a sponsor hunt...

richardpetey
08-11-2008, 03:18 PM
Great run Tracy! Sounds like somebodys' got the FEVER, hehe............:applause:
UNCLE PETEY.......................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Tracy87BB
08-11-2008, 03:22 PM
Petey, you aren't kidding. So far, the sponsor hunt is going fairly well. Two signups already. Keep your fingers crossed...I want to go racing!!!

NJ Chick
08-11-2008, 03:28 PM
YAY!!! We hooked another one! :lol: You looked really good out there Tracy, great job. Whenever you need me to score, just give a shout, always happy to help out a fellow Endurian! :p:D:cool:

All Trucked Up
08-11-2008, 04:50 PM
You definitely had me sideways a little, but thats racing. When we were going into the turn together, i looked in my mirror and saw that you were still along side me, i had a feeling that it might happen. But you got out the gas, probably cause you were starting to spin, you corrected and kept going. You did good, hopefully the owner will let you take it out saturday night.(Cause i owe you one.) Just kidding.

W. J.
08-11-2008, 05:07 PM
Petey, you aren't kidding. So far, the sponsor hunt is going fairly well. Two signups already. Keep your fingers crossed...I want to go racing!!!Get Betty Crocker, it would be a natural, lol!

rain11
08-12-2008, 12:13 AM
Well what can i say , you showed everybody were the pen stops and the driving starts .Good luck with the sponsor ship game .From former car owner i hope ?

Tracy87BB
08-12-2008, 03:15 PM
Looks like there are going to be a lot more thanks coming, and that Greg DiCanio is officially becoming a FORMER car owner. One of the other drivers in the division (I'm not sure if he wishes to be named at this point or not) has apparently been hard at work rounding up some sponsorship for me. I am absolutely floored, and more appreciative than I can even explain. I'm getting closer and closer to the magic number, and it's actually in reach. This is great. Looks like I'll be racing with you all again on Saturday night! However, I may need to get a bigger truck to fit all of the sponsor names! Once the dust settles, I'll have to put a post to thank everyone who is pulling together for this.

W. J.
08-12-2008, 06:27 PM
If you put a big sheet metal fin in the bed of the truck you'll be able to fit all the sponsor names, and maybe it will help the aero on the truck, lol! Good luck, glad to see you might be doing it again.

Tracy87BB
08-12-2008, 06:30 PM
I'm getting close to the magic number. There are still spots open...

I have to say, I am very impressed by the support I have gotten. For another driver to take this into his own hands is amazing. You guys - and gals - are the BEST!