PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Jimmy D.

gzenduro12
08-12-2008, 07:52 PM
Well done Jim. 10th place is quite impressive. Looks like there is some new talent in the division. I was following you for a few laps.....Car is fast and you drove a great line.:wave:
Greg Z #12

WEEZER
08-12-2008, 08:18 PM
I have to agree with you greg, I passed the 92 a few times in his first race, last sunday I never saw him, good job jim. Aside from a little roughness, last sunday was incredibly fast and fun, 50 laps goes by in a blink, the Grand division is quite awesome.
Does anybody know if we have to sign up three days before the race on the 23rd or just pay that saturday?

Anthony #19

gzenduro12
08-12-2008, 08:25 PM
Good question Anthony???? Also wondering if we need a scorer, or will we be scored the same as the weekly divisions:confused::confused:

Tracy87BB
08-12-2008, 08:28 PM
I will look into those questions for you and let you know.

As far as the #92 goes, I have seen him at the track each and every week running practice. Goes to show that seat time does make all the difference. I have never actually met him, but he obviously has a desire to learn, which is always a positive.

JumboJim92
08-12-2008, 10:58 PM
I want to say thanks to everyone. i love racing with you guys its so much fun:D. And i also want to apologize to anyone that i hit accidently. I lost my brakes around lap 30. So sorry again. A lot of guys were telling me i was fast. I have been out every weekend since July 5th practicing. When i heard i finished 10th I didn't believe it. To me its a great accomplishmeant cause i start last every race so i dont get in the way of you point contenders. But congrats to Ray on winning, to everyone else for knowing im a rookie and not beating on me to bad and everyone on a great race. Im really excited for this Saturday night race to go racing with you guys again. Well thanks again everyone and ill see you at the track.

~ Jimmy

Tracy87BB
08-13-2008, 07:06 AM
To answer your questions, the 23rd should be treated just like any other race. Your application DOES need to be in before the race and you DO need a scorer. Hope that helps!:wave:

See you all there.

CJ MOTORSPORTS
08-13-2008, 07:47 AM
I Just Want To Thank All Grand Enduro Drivers For The Support They Gave To Jimmy. You Are All First Class In My Book ! Jimmy Really Loves Racing And Alot Of That Is Due To You.he Lost His Brakes Around Lap 30 Due To The Wrong Brake Pads. So Blame The "old Man" (me) For That.jimmy Was Very Upset About Making Contact With Some Cars And Yes He Did "vent" This On Me. I Told Him That It Was My Fault And Not Yours. Once Again Thanks To All For Your Support With The Rookie .

Scott

P.s - Thanks To All Blunderbust Drivers For The Help And Support On Saturdays!!

gzenduro12
08-13-2008, 08:00 AM
Thanks for the info Tracy:applause:

nobandwagonhere
08-13-2008, 01:15 PM
:wave:I have to go along with what Greg said...I dont remember seeing you the whole race Jimmy. You have progressivly gotten better as you get more SEAT TIME. Great job. I do remember though, even when you were out of shape you still had the respect to at least try to get out of the way. Thats where it starts. Thats what MOST of us in the Grands are about. Welcome to the family.:wave:
Anything you need, just holler. I think I can speak for the rest of us on that one.:cheers:
On another note, this past race was NOT my favorite one. Not sure whats going on but we are starting to turn into the stock 8's out there. (not everyone, but a SELECT few). Whats going on out there fellas? If we all start racing like that then we have 2 options:
1- put lead in the car and run BB
2- take the Hoosiers off and spray paint a # on the side

Lets not get that far guys.

Donny "Boom-Boom" Oliver
58 Grand Enduro

gzenduro12
08-13-2008, 07:42 PM
Donny
Did you get roughed up on Sunday?
Generally, I thought it was a clean race. However, I got clipped passing a lapped car while I was running a solid 2nd. There's a great picture of it. At this point in the season we all know who will run us clean when passing and who can't hold on to a race car.

nobandwagonhere
08-13-2008, 09:24 PM
Roughed up I can handle....rubbing doors I can handle,....bumper to bumper I can handle. Being PLOWED in turn 1 first lap, run up to the wall while passing the car under me (a lapped car)on the outside, getting raced into the corner by lapped cars,...no that kinda aggrevates me a tad. Not just to me, but guys I respect out there getting run all over the place also. Honestly bro, it is what it is. I can roll with the punches pretty well. I can play the same game. I just dont want to see it get that far because it becomes a snowball effect. Yea, I got driven all over the place, but that dont bother me. Id hate to see the division lose the name its worked hard for. Ask a few people watching the race from the fence Greg, it wasnt your average "Grand" race.
JMO

gzenduro12
08-14-2008, 09:06 AM
10-4. I hear you, this division has come so far. Would hate to see it start taking steps backwards. RESPECT, that's what we pride this class on.

RacinRob
08-14-2008, 10:36 AM
This division is an awsome division and I dont think one race should tarnish what you guys have become. If it becomes a constant issue than I can see reason for all the criticism and worries.

Golf Guy
08-14-2008, 01:57 PM
I didn't think the race looked to bad?
But I said to a few people that when you add points and standings to ANY division it could add a differnet attitude/element to the racing. Lets hope in all divisions that we keep it at good clean racing.

wayne
08-14-2008, 05:17 PM
Don't forget guy's, its still an enduro. And its still the cleanest division at riverhead! Don't let one race discourage ya.