PDA

View Full Version : Video Going up on Youtube

RickFigure8
08-14-2008, 12:13 AM
I've started uploading the video of this weeks race up on youtube. It's taking about 45 minutes each part to upload so it's taking a while. The first part should be up by now or momentarily. Now the clock in my camcorder is set about 6 minutes fast but you can still see how long things took and both Artie and I were wrong. They took the green at 9:47, almost 48, which was actually 9:41) and the checkered flag was shown at 10:07, actually 10:01. The race was called after just 20 minutes!!!. My whole recording on my camcorder was 10 minutes long and I kept recording during parts of the cautions. I left everything I recorded in the youtube clips so you can see for yourself the 5 parts add up to 10 minutes. The crash, the 34 drifted up pretty high in one and two. Did Ralph move up due to this or did Ralph too drift on his own, only Ralph knows that. It looks like Ralph is up to around his rear wheel, did Ralph try to force his way back in to the low groove after being out so far, or was Ralph there and Arne tried to come down heading in to the turn? Can't tell on my video but Captain Video's angle will probably show that better. Was Ralph up far enough to have the spot or should he have backed out? I'm sure the opinions will be split on this. I have always said if the car coming down is immediately turned you were not up far enough, but again after turn one and two who knows what everyone out there was thinking. Also watching the tape it was not a very good start to a feature. Part 3 is uploading now. I have no idea how clear these will be. The race is 5 parts. I did a part 6 that is just lap one hopefully clearer, and a part 7, lap one slo-motion. http://www.youtube.com/user/figureeightracer

CRog00
08-26-2008, 11:24 AM
Steve from LaFilms got a pretty good shot of the crash.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xlcU-P64k5k&feature=related

wayne
08-26-2008, 03:31 PM
Never lifted and drove right through em!!