PDA

View Full Version : Southampton Press Coverage

Hollywood
08-14-2008, 02:10 PM
Nice job by Bob Finan and the Southampton Press! The article explains a lot about the track and some drivers. Actually the print version has Dan The Man on the front page. Although I don't know who "Don Howard" is.....LOL see the link

http://www.27east.com/story_detail.cfm?cat=sports&id=160734

woot lawrence
08-14-2008, 02:15 PM
Don Howard??

randomrodder
08-14-2008, 03:05 PM
Not a bad article all and all. At least the track is getting coverage from more and more papers.

And here I thought Dan J. was a rookie. :lol::lol::lol:

catfish
08-14-2008, 03:46 PM
They need to have a word with Google Maps as well, that map has them Racing in the Suffolk Life parking lot, BUT KUDOS TO THEM BESIDES THAT AS IT IS A POSITIVE ARTICLE. Also I would really like to hold Bob Finan's over a fire feet first to find out the "BIG CHANGES" to come.:cheers:

Hollywood
08-14-2008, 04:37 PM
They need to have a word with Google Maps as well, that map has them Racing in the Suffolk Life parking lot, BUT KUDOS TO THEM BESIDES THAT AS IT IS A POSITIVE ARTICLE. Also I would really like to hold Bob Finan's over a fire feet first to find out the "BIG CHANGES" to come.:cheers:

I thought you'd like that one! Hmmmmm one can only wonder!

W. J.
08-14-2008, 05:42 PM
Hmmmm, maybe Musco lights in the future? That would be a fine upgrade.

Richie
08-14-2008, 06:36 PM
Maybe new lights in the leader board?

bulldozer
08-14-2008, 06:44 PM
Nice to see some more advertising for the track.I think it showed this week with the packed house.One other thing would like to see is a nice billboard in front of the track detailing whats going on each week.People ride by durning the week and think the track is shut down.Just a thought.More money just to the winner of the lower divisions would also be a plus for more cars in the pit area.Just ad 250 to the winner of late models, 250 to the chargers,200 to the trucks and 150 to the blunderbust. Then maybe when we win we can pay for a set of tires.Im only asking this for the winner and everything else stays the same.If that brings back a total of 10 cars through the 4 divisions it will pay for itself through the drivers and crew sighning in.I know we all have said this but it needs to be mentioned again and again so maybe something will happen.My 2 cents 81

Turbo
08-14-2008, 06:49 PM
Yea it would be a good idea to put a billboard in the front to show people who come by the track whats going on each week. Not all the people who go by the track listen to wbab, or read the newsday , southampton press, or riverhead news review!!!

Hollywood
08-14-2008, 10:26 PM
you wouldn't believe how many people ask me every week if "That track" is still open... I personally have brought thousands of dollars a week to the track.with people i ask to come.. not to blow my own horn , BUT if I can do that, what about the hundreds of other people in the pits every week. I know I have brought hundreds of dollars in the pits every week with the karts. Advertising is EVERYTHING for the track to survive, its like an avalanche, once everyone starts to go to the track, the coverage will follow..... And the sponsorships... If the track puts itself out in the fore front, The sponsors will be a lot easier to get for everyone........ JMHO

W. J.
08-15-2008, 10:40 AM
Hollywood, I get the same thing. When I tell people that I write a column on the racing there,I get, "It's still open? I thought it closed years ago." I don't know how many I've drawn to it by letting them know it's still there, but every mention helps. Recently, the track is buying ads on local radio, which has to help. Free passes, as part of a call in program, could help even more. Many of us can attest to the fact that once we experienced going to a race, we were hooked, and have become regulars.
Poster boards placed in local businesses couldn't hurt, and I believe that would be a good next step for the track to take. Simply ask a business owner to put them in a prominent place, give them a couple of free passes as a thanks, and see what happens. It sure couldn't hurt.

Hollywood
08-15-2008, 11:36 AM
Count My store in!
:applause::applause: