PDA

View Full Version : Thompson Thursday Night

catfish
08-14-2008, 04:21 PM
I know JA is going to do live race updates, just wondering about Time Trials or if anyone know any practice speeds or info ?

Teds Race Tours
08-14-2008, 04:34 PM
Just found out, Lineup will be by points. They haven't practiced yet, so I am sure they are shuffling the schedule.

hollywoodmic
08-14-2008, 05:08 PM
Has it been raining up there?? I guess so. I just wish everyone the best of luck, and to please have a safe race.

Steve Halpin

RichKeator
08-14-2008, 06:29 PM
any other updates??? Im glued to my pc for the rest of the night... got my popcorn and ice cold beer ready to go

LongIslandJam
08-14-2008, 07:26 PM
Rich,

The field will be lined up by the rule book. I'll have that lineup shortly.

Also, they had one practice. I'll post practice times in a bit.

The skies are cloudy, but the sun is out.

We're on schedule.

Jaws
08-15-2008, 01:36 PM
Rain Rain go away!

It was a long say but the track did a great job drying not only the track but the grounds too.

It rained 2 inches in about 20 minutes!

There was running water and lakes everywhere.

The fastest car won (79) after getting spun earlier by Ed Flemke, not sure if he was paying the 79 back for an earlier Flemke spin or just drove in way too deep.

The 98 of Bobby Santos III was very fast all night, if they had TT he would have started up font and the outcome might have been different.

TC in a (Borrowed) car that had problems all day came in 4th after leading for several laps.

Most of the LI drivers had some sort of damage with the highest true LI car was I belive Gary McDonald in 16th.

And what was that when the 9 got a flat and ended up in the turn 3 wall, did the track mess up and throw the caution late or did several guys just mess up and not slow down. it ruined Andy Suess's night.

Linda
08-15-2008, 02:23 PM
The "tower" told Jake (#9) that they did not see him hit the wall so that's why there was no caution, but there definately should have been one. Jake sustained more damage from the car/cars hitting in the rear than hitting the wall. I am not sure which one from the "tower" came over to apologize for not throwing the yellow, but Bill Brice apologized as well. I did not go and was surprised when Rick came home and told me Jake wrecked because I was on live update here and it didn't mention anything..but there were no caution so that would explain it. Too bad for all concerned...lots of time and $$$ involved in getting the car ready for Mansfield, just glad no one was hurt.

Fast&Legal
08-15-2008, 05:13 PM
I was told by one of the other drivers involved that when they all got to that corner that there was oil/ moisture on the track..

Jaws
08-15-2008, 08:14 PM
The "tower" told Jake (#9) that they did not see him hit the wall so that's why there was no caution, but there definately should have been one. Jake sustained more damage from the car/cars hitting in the rear than hitting the wall. I am not sure which one from the "tower" came over to apologize for not throwing the yellow, but Bill Brice apologized as well. I did not go and was surprised when Rick came home and told me Jake wrecked because I was on live update here and it didn't mention anything..but there were no caution so that would explain it. Too bad for all concerned...lots of time and $$$ involved in getting the car ready for Mansfield, just glad no one was hurt.

Thats crazy, he was sitting there for almost a full lap, gee I guess the new lights didn't help in that spot.