PDA

View Full Version : Sad News

Howie
08-15-2008, 07:52 PM
I heard some sad news at Lime Rock this afternoon. I'm sure a lot of you old modified fans remember Steve Helwig, known to everyone as "Big Guy" who was a crew man with Mike McLaughlin on about every car he drove.

Steve “Big Guy” Helwig, car chief for the CJM Racing Nationwide Series car driven by Jason Keller, died this morning at home, a team spokesman confirmed. Helwig, 53, was diagnosed with leukemia in June. Helwig had been involved in racing for more than 30 years, including many with ppc Racing. Keller took a solo lap prior to the second practice session Friday at MIS in Helwig's honor.(From Jayski)

RIP Big Guy.

Precision Auto
08-15-2008, 08:33 PM
Norm and I have some great memories of the Big Guy and Mikey...some I could print and others that I wouldn't dare!

To say he loved life, knew how to have a good time, was a tried and true friend to many and was a hard worker, would be an understatement.

Our thoughts and prayers are with Steve's family and friends.

Linda and Norman Case, Precision Automotive, Inc.

randomrodder
08-15-2008, 08:49 PM
RIP Big GUY. Condolences to his family and friends.

I'm sure Steve had a big part of the best season Jason Keller has had in a long time.

RGeeProductions
08-15-2008, 10:20 PM
The announcement can be found here (http://www.thechromehorn.com/news/2008/news/NEWS081508_Steve_Helwig_Memorial.pdf).