PDA

View Full Version : TC/Pitkat to Duel on the Dirt@Whip City

Howie
08-16-2008, 11:37 PM
WESTFIELD, MA- Stock Car racing stars and fierce rivals Ted Christopher and Woody Pitkat will race against each other and the regular field of 750cc Mini Sprint drivers at Whip City Speedway on Saturday August 30. Although Christopher and Pitkat have battled each other hundreds of times in SK Modifieds and on the Whelan Modified Tour, this will be the first time that they have ever faced each other on a dirt track or in Mini Sprints.

“The Duel on the Dirt by Gillis Bros. Inc.” is a 25 lap feature on the quarter mile clay surface at Whip City Speedway and will be preceded by two 10 lap heats. Gillis Bros., Inc is the feature sponsor while the heats are sponsored by Ciammella Construction, Inc. and by J and J Autobody. Associate Sponsors include Hyper Racing, RTS Chassis, Inc., Henchcraft Chassis, Northeast Modified Lites, Inc. and Bailey Products by Haskell Motorsports.

Ted Christopher is the winningest driver in the history of Stafford Motor Speedway and has won track championships at Thompson and Waterford. He has competed in the 24 Hours of Daytona Sports Car Race and has won Modified and Late Model Stock Car races at tracks up and down the East Coast. Christopher is expected to drive an entry from the Haskell Motorsports fleet.

Woody Pitkat, who has won Late Model and Modified Stock Car races from Connecticut to North Carolina, is the reigning NASCAR Connecticut State Champion and finished second in the 2007 NASCAR Whelan All American Series National Championship, is expected to drive the car usually driven by Lowbed Johnson, who put together the “Duel on the Dirt by Gillis Bros Inc.

In addition to The Duel on the Dirt by Gillis Bros. Inc, the evening’s jam packed program will include heats and features for Mini Sprints in the 270cc, 600cc, 750 Sportsman and 1200cc classes plus Quad 4 Midgets and Modified Lights.

Warm-up and preliminary events will begin at about 5:00 pm. After the heat races have been completed, “The Duel on the Dirt by Gillis Bro., Inc” will be the second feature to be run.

Adult grandstand admission for the entire day (including a Kart racing program which begins at 1:00 pm) is just $12 while kids 10 years and younger are free. Parking is always free and Whip City Speedway is just a hop, skip and a Mini Sprint flip from both I-91 and The Mass Pike. Check out our website at www.whipcityspeedway.com.

RichKeator
08-19-2008, 06:37 PM
now Im torn haha... do I go up to the Whip to see this or do I go to work for the DOUBLE FEATURE night at Waterford... either way I wouldnt get home till 1am