PDA

View Full Version : #5

RPMcGrellis414
08-18-2008, 03:35 PM
Congrats. to John Cozza on the win sat. night, its nice to see someone contend with Walkowiak good race, good job :applause::applause::applause:

99racing
08-18-2008, 04:19 PM
congratulations John on your 4/6 cylinder truck win..

see you saturday ....

Jason,Kim & Kailey

h.p.
08-18-2008, 08:37 PM
nice run john great finish for one of the enduro good guys congrats

Tower Man
08-19-2008, 08:01 AM
Yes John congrats on a well deserved win. It was a pleasure to race with you.

leah28racing
08-19-2008, 09:48 AM
One of the good guys?
If Tommy wasn't put in the wall he could've won as well , he wassss leading the race.
Tommy is one of the greatest guys i know. He would do anything for anyone, but don't screw him. after being put in the wall by a supposive friend cause he lost the lead to him fair and square in a race.JUST MAD CAUSE YOU COULDNT BEAT HIM WHEN YOU HAD SO MUCH MORE MONEY IN YOUR CAR.

STOP BEING SO DAMN JEALOUS

Nothing against Cozza but congrats!

cerckl'm racing
08-19-2008, 10:59 AM
I'm not sure what race YOU were watching, but as far as I know neither one of the trucks he collided with was the leader....personally I was glad to see "an enduro guy" win the race.

All Trucked Up
08-19-2008, 11:04 AM
The 5 definitely didnt touch the 9. It was a truck that was getting lapped.

Tracy87BB
08-19-2008, 11:47 AM
I spoke with Tommy myself, because some people came to me and suggested that Tommy lost control of his truck after making contact with me. Anyone who has spoken to me since I first strapped into the truck knows that one of my primary goals (and maybe even to a fault) is not wanting to get in anyone's way or to negatively impact anyone's race. Therefore, it was important for me to get this straightened out with Tommy, as I did not want it hanging over my head if his hit into the wall was a direct result of him hitting me. If that was the case, I would have been the first to publicly apologize, whether it was really my fault or not.

Yes, Tommy did make contact with me. He was racing for the lead behind me and when we came through turn 2, Tommy went and I didn't. Not soon enough or fast enough, anyway. Tommy did the only thing he could do with 9 laps to go and a truck on the outside of him...he moved me. As a credit to Tommy, he did it the safest way he knew how, making sure that I would be "moved" to the infield. I appreciate that. As far as I am concerned, no harm, no foul.

That being said, Tommy made contact with me coming out of turn 2, and he hit the wall by turn 3. It was not the result of contact with me, as there was contact with another lapped truck before Tommy was turned around.

And All Trucked Up is correct. It was not the #5 that Tommy made contact with.

BACK TO THE POINT OF THE THREAD...

Congratulations John...yes, one of the good guys. Guess it IS just like riding a bike. I have watched the video, and all of you up front put on an exciting battle for the lead throughout the race. Thanks for the help and the pointers as well.

leah28racing
08-19-2008, 01:18 PM
never said the 5 did it.

in fact it was the 20 truck.
i was referring to mr hps post.
nothing to do with the 5 at all.

Tracy87BB
08-19-2008, 02:24 PM
I think we need to stop taking away from the point of the post, which was to congratulate John. Regardless of what anyone else on the track did or didn't do, John kept his nose clean and got a well-deserved victory. Yes, other people may have won, but that is the case in every race and it shouldn't take away from what John accomplished.

h.p.'s post - if I read it correctly - was to congratulate "one of the enduro good guys" (meaning John) on his win. And John was racing with Tommy for the lead at the time. So the question about one of the good guys and the implication that it was someone Tommy passed for the lead gave the response a whole different meaning than what I think was intended.

h.p.
08-20-2008, 10:23 AM
for those of you (actually only one) my post was to send congrats to john for winning the race thats it. as far as diggin up the past when you have the intestinal fortitude to strap into to a racecar ,no matter what division, then you can make a statement .as to what happened till then.......do what you do best selling 50/50's you ve done a great job with that hope to see you keep the amounts climbing both for safer and the nites winner so again i want to send congrats to john on a well deserved win :applause::applause:

leah28racing
08-20-2008, 10:32 AM
I call it like i see it, It's my opinion and i'm allowed to have 1

Tower Man
08-20-2008, 10:46 AM
Only one person knows what really happened and no one has even bothered to ask. And at this point, there won't be an answer because people are going to think what they want. Many have already formulated an opinion. All I can say is look closely at the tape/DVD.

Nuff said...

JIMBO
08-20-2008, 09:45 PM
Congrats John On Your Win Great Race

John Cozza
08-20-2008, 10:11 PM
Thank you to all for the congratulations posts. I had a great time racing the truck again. I really miss this division and all of the truck drivers. I am honored to be called one of the "good guys." I try to explain to others that there are a lot of good guys in this division. I guess that Tracy could vouch for that as she had the help of many people in the division to get her truck out there for the races.
Once again thank you for all of the kind words. Those words mean more than the win any day.
John Cozza
Grand Enduro 59
Truck Enduro 5
:)

Tracy87BB
08-20-2008, 10:36 PM
You hit the nail on the head, John. I stepped into the truck not knowing what I was getting myself into, and I must say it's been a great bunch of drivers. Everyone has been overwhelmingly helpful, with the truck itself and with me personally. The help I got on Saturday from within the division - and from other divisions as well - was unbelievable.

vsmidge68
08-21-2008, 06:54 AM
Congrats John!! :applause:

Bobby Pease
08-21-2008, 04:54 PM
One of the good guys?
.JUST MAD CAUSE YOU COULDNT BEAT HIM WHEN YOU HAD SO MUCH MORE MONEY IN YOUR CAR.

STOP BEING SO DAMN JEALOUS

HUH? I think the #9 car.. (formally the 4 car of terry stiles), has a HUGE $$$$ motor in it and was about to get torn down last year. Because terry was woop'n some butt with that truck.. So lets not talk $$$$ in cars / Trucks..
And yes! ONE OF THE GOOD GUYS COZZA IS!

leah28racing
08-21-2008, 05:13 PM
first of all its not Tommys truck he is just driving it for Jim White. THAT'S IT.not putting money into it, not getting any money for it.
never said John wasnt a good guy. My comment wasn't towards him. I had congratulated him as well.

RPMcGrellis414
08-21-2008, 05:19 PM
THAT'S IT not putting money into it, not getting any money for it.

Are you kidding me?! your telling me theres not a big $$$$ motor in that thing! It could prob beat tommys blunderbust car. lol

leah28racing
08-21-2008, 05:25 PM
I said Tommy didn't

The Bullfather
08-21-2008, 10:01 PM
Hey hey everyone play nice! If the case of Enduro truck beating his Blunderbust car, then Cozza would also beat his Blunderbust car! :lol: Spitz also!:lol:Good job John, congrats on the Saturday night win!

Golf Guy
08-21-2008, 10:14 PM
whoa, whoa. It was clear that John had plenty of motor to beat Walkowiak down the straights. Now I am not writing that John or anyone in the truck enduro is cheating. But before we bash Walkowiak (which by the way there has not been enough of this year!) there is alot of HP in this division. I congratulated John after the race, but again, congrats on a great win!

Bobby Pease
08-22-2008, 08:10 AM
Thats funny... It looked like John Just kept his speed through the turn.. I dont see too many drag races down the 50 yard (as you call it "STRAIGHTS"). Terrys truck is super fast,and it wont get tech'd because of the new driver. ASK terry, he was told to bring a ton of tools last year, for the last race.. (which he parked it..smartly).. Besides that tech guy Terry told me hes been racing for 30 years!! Im sure he knows whats up! :confused:

cerckl'm racing
08-22-2008, 10:21 AM
"Won't get tech'd because of the new driver"? Wasn't the "new driver" also allowed to just roll over the scales in his regular race car last week w/o tech? Hmmmmm.....

BAck on topic....Congrats, John.

Tower Man
08-22-2008, 10:29 AM
And I thought my contac lenses were deceiving me. I feel better now.

The Bullfather
08-22-2008, 10:57 AM
Wait, I noticed when John was in traffic, Tommy was catching up, when John didn't have any lapped trucks in front of him, he was pulling away. John had a fast truck! It's not taking anything away from anyone, not saying so and so does or doesn't get tech'd but this post is suppose to be about John's win!

leah28racing
08-22-2008, 11:01 AM
Hes been teched plenty of times in the past always passed it. if you think hes not then maybe you should do something about it.
everyone always think the winners are cheating. never that they are good drivers

Golf Guy
08-22-2008, 04:59 PM
Thats funny... It looked like John Just kept his speed through the turn.. I dont see too many drag races down the 50 yard (as you call it "STRAIGHTS"). Terrys truck is super fast,and it wont get tech'd because of the new driver. ASK terry, he was told to bring a ton of tools last year, for the last race.. (which he parked it..smartly).. Besides that tech guy Terry told me hes been racing for 30 years!! Im sure he knows whats up! :confused:

so he was only wininng by "keeping his speed through the turn". I guess I was watching a different race. And your right, no one ever won by wininng a drag race "DOWN THE 50 YARD" as you call it. Way to turn this post into a pissing contest, yeah good job...

KickItUp
08-22-2008, 05:31 PM
Congrats to Mr. Cozza. Let's not forget, he too is a former BB champ, as well as Tommy a current enduro competitor. Anyone is welcome to race anything, no matter what they run or don't.. I only say this for those commenting on the enduro guy winning.. Last time I checked, Tommy is an enduro guy as well..
As for the scales, the BB guys rarely get tech'd to start with, and I have seen that car in question tech'd and still have a trophy on back. As for the wreck in that truck race, I saw what could have been a terirble ending to someone's career or worse, with his children in attendance.. It looked intentional to me.. Why bother honestly, I know what will be said next.. This was what I saw, as well as the entire crowd in my vicinity, many still in their driving suits from their features before this..
Anyway, congrats Mr. Cozza..

John Cozza
08-22-2008, 11:05 PM
I would like to once again thank all of the people who have congratulated me on the truck win. I never knew that this win was going to produce so much drama (that is what my wife is calling it!)

As far as there being plenty of horsepower in this division, I wouldn't consider myself to be one of those competitors with big HP. My motor is tired. It has 160,000 miles, a cracked piston skirt, and I have NOT changed the oil in four, yes four, years because I burn a half a quart per race and I have to change the plugs every other race. Instead of worrying about changing the motor, I focused on making my truck handle good. I know other veteran truck drivers who will agree with the fact that my truck motor is tired: Russ, Rich, Bobby, Jimmy, and Danny.

I have been looking for a new motor. Anyone wanna trade??? Look for me tomorrow!!

John

Petro28
08-23-2008, 07:39 AM
yeah john i need a little more hp in my grand car want to trade:):):):):D:D