PDA

View Full Version : A better Mountain Speedway

RACER08
08-19-2008, 01:15 PM
I was sitting in the pits this last Saturday and looking into the stands I can’t believe how empty they are anymore. I remember when I was little that if you got there late the lawn was even full. The driver’s I’m sure would appreciate a big cheer when they won or a loud boo when they wrecked or got wrecked. Now with the amount of people you couldn’t hear them if 1 car was running let alone 10 to 15. These guys and their pit crews bust their *** every week, spending their last dime on not only the cars and parts, but the fuel and equipment to get them there to pay the entrance fee to get in (that’s a whole other blog). With the amount of cars that come every week ½ the time they don’t even have enough to run a heat. And people wonder why nobody is building cars and other people are selling theirs. I talked to my friends at work and 90% of them have never heard of the track let alone what goes on there or where it is. If you had a person just to do a little simple advertising and changes more people would come to watch the action. I know I have some ideas that would work. Not only would you get a bigger crowd but also I bet some would get the racing itch to build a car. The owners and drivers would agree that with amount of money in these cars to build and maintain them they need sponsors. If nobody is there to see the sponsors on the cars that means they aren’t getting their investment in the car and sponsors are going to be hard to come by. They do it for the glory just like the drivers. I believe there is chain. More advertising=more spectators=more cars=more sponsors which again=more cars. I know that more cars would up the competition, but these guys (at least the true racers) don’t just race to get the easy win they go out to run and drive with the best. I hope when you read this you put in your agreement and hopefully the track might listen. Sometimes there are so few people in the stands the drivers could take 5 min. and thank each one personally. All and all I think if we change some things now next season would be a lot different.

thriller 34
08-19-2008, 04:20 PM
indeed.......

Lilly Rush
08-19-2008, 05:07 PM
The economy is bad . I dont think people have the extra money anymore . Most of them are week to week with their pay checks and there cards are maxed out. It is a shame as I can remember when there were so many modified starting you could not hear yourself think. I miss those days and you are right, if you did not get there early, you did not get a seat. I miss the seats on the hill and falling down the hill trying to get to the bathroom.lol
I dont know what the answer is. I know they advertise in the local papers but I dont know where else they advertise. Advertising has gone thru the roof too. There isnt anything anymore that is cheap.
:confused:

RACER08
08-19-2008, 05:25 PM
I don't know where you are from but they are not advertised in our papers. I think you are slightly missing my point. People still go to the movies and anymore the races are cheaper. I just think if more people knew, the track would get a better turnout. It's not just all in that there are some things that could be changed that would also make it more enjoyable for the adults and the kids that would make them come back week after week.

Lilly Rush
08-19-2008, 06:37 PM
Born and raised in good old Drums Pa. They are advertised in Standard Speaker. I do not know if they are in any other papers.

RACER08
08-19-2008, 07:35 PM
Having it in the paper which its not in ours, is not only my point. There are others things that need to change and could be done to make the track better. The thing that is really making me upset is this was written for you guys the drivers and the pit crews, and I know all of you are thinking the same thing, but nobody wants to add to this forum. I guess I wasted my time writing this.

White Lightnin
08-19-2008, 07:55 PM
As someone who never missed a race from 1979 to August of 2004, I could tell you exactly what I think could be done to improve this track but I can guarantee this post will be deleted as fast as I could hit the "submit reply" button. :lol:

toots
08-19-2008, 08:02 PM
I know that they do advertise in a few different papers, What is the newspaper that you receive and it what area?
They have also advertised on local TV stations.
What you are trying to do IS NOT A WASTE OF TIME - but maybe if you voice what some of your ideas are maybe there would be some more response.
I myself remember the good ole days at Evergreen sitting on the splintered bleachers and sometimes fighting to get a seat.
I would love to see those days again.
SO WHAT ARE YOUR ADVERTISING IDEAS??

Geno
08-19-2008, 08:29 PM
I’ll respond…
I agree and disagree if that makes sense. First I’ll tell you, in my opinion, just a few of the reasons why the fan count just isn’t there on a weekly basis. You're correct though- There’s always room for improvement.

The 80s and 90s are over. Kids aren’t into racing like they used to be- plain and simple. When I was a kid, or even a young teenager, I’d bug the hell out of my parents, aunts, uncles, neighbors & everyone in between to take me to the race track. Usually, once they took me once it became a repeat trip and they became interested as well. As a kid, well even in high school, I looked up to all of the area drivers and continue to do so.

Now, it seems like when you mention racing most people say NASCAR (meaning the Cup series). With the current economy, even that organization is taking a severe hit.

Of course the economy has something to do with it, especially this year. Take a look at the last few seasons…
2004- Very dismal, mainly because of no modifieds
2005- Friday nights were good for the fan count, but car counts were so-so
2006-A very good season back on Saturday nights
2007- Probably even a better season, but towards the end of the year things dropped off

As far as advertising goes, there could be more, but I think the budget was spent shortly after the season started. Don’t forget that the mall show helps, plus a few other displays during the season here & there. I know that the track has advertised in the Times Leader, Press Enterprise, Citizen’s Voice and Standard Speaker in the past, along with Area Auto Racing News. It is all very expensive and the only weekly advertisement that I know of is in the Standard Speaker.

There’s television coverage as well, which includes channel 13 in the valley, WNEP (Inside Track) and Blue Ridge Electric Ch. 13, among others from time to time. On the radio, Jeff Ulrich covers Mountain, along with other tracks. There’s more, but they’re the only one’s that I can think of off the top of my head.

Schedules are distributed at many places, but there can always be more. Racers, track employees, fans & pretty much anyone are welcomed to take schedules and pass them out to friends, co-workers, etc. I know that many people do that and it’s appreciated.

Word of mouth is great advertising.

Well, sorry so long winded…at least my opinion is out there.

RACER08
08-19-2008, 08:44 PM
Geno, thank you. I agree that kids these days don't do what we used to do, but then there are the one's that love it and can't afford it. As far as my ideas I don't want to go on but here are a few. First of all the track sign at the end of the road is huge, but the 1 at the end of 309 is tiny where is the sense there. 2nd how about some flyers maybe in the local quick marts with some events that could happen at the track along with the website for directions. If there were some more things maybe that go on at the track for the kids it would keep their interest. If the kids like to go then the adults get to go. I know the price ot get in is a big issue especially in the pits. By the time the guys fix and drive their cars to the track they are using their last dime to get in the track. After so many weeks the money just ain't there. That is where the sponorships come in like in my original blog. I just don't want these guys to lose a place that they wait all week to go.

W. J.
08-19-2008, 09:00 PM
I made this suggestion elsewhere. Give a set of 4 (gasp! ) FREE passes to a few local radio stations, let them run a "10th caller gets 'em" call in contest, and you just might get new fans along with regulars. Make up some 15"x30" poster boards to advertise the track, ask local businesses to put them in their window, give them some free tickets to give in pairs to those who are intersted, and rebuild your fan base from there. Much more effective than an ad in a trade paper, where you are 'preaching to the choir'. JMHO

RACER08
08-19-2008, 09:03 PM
That's a great idea for the tickets and that's what I mean about putting flyers up in the local windows. And not just in the places close to the track I think we can go out further and still get people to show up.
I again still think there should be more for the kids

toots
08-19-2008, 09:11 PM
I agree- the sign on 309 could definitely be much larger
As far as flyers go- Schedules and Posters are handed out at many local and non local businesses and establishments prior to the season. Every advertising company in the program gets posters to hang at their establishments with schedules to display.
One thing that I have noticed is every week when i am coming down the Mountain by the track- there are cars parked along the mountain watching the races from the mountain side!!!!!!!!! Where is the sense in that?? why not come in , take a seat and get a good view?? Again -the Economy.
I really believe that the economy is playing a big part in the downfall.
I know myself that program sales are down tremendously- not only due to low fan count- but even those who always bought the program- just can't afford it this year. My costs on the printing have gone up terribly- cost of paper has gone up extremely and they have even added a fuel charge to deliver it this year. Ink, Maintenance on copiers and price per copy has all gone up- But in an effort to sell, I have not raised the cost ( which in the end is only hurting me, because I still am not selling)
track has reduced the price of admission for fans in an effort to get more people there. The last 2 weeks I have seen a slight improvement in fan count.
This year, we started a kid's club for the kids ( response not as well as expected) I hold a craft once a month for the kid's( again response not as well as expected) Attempted to sell raffle for $100 off track tire and $50 worth of track fuel ( response not as well as expected) Attempted raffle for free pit admission- tickets were $1.00 for a chance to get in free to the pits and save $25.00 ( response definitely not as well as expected)printed 100 tickets-sold 23 in the last 2 months-people would rather spend the $25.00, than take the chance and waste $1.00. ECONOMY- ECONOMY-ECONOMY

RACER08
08-19-2008, 09:23 PM
I understand the economy. These drivers and pit crews expenses have gone up as well. Let's not forget they are the show without them there would be no track. I think they need a break on the admission. How about for the kids some face painting or some more big wheel races. Maybe a little intermission with some free t-shirts into the crowd. I also think like I said previously we need to expand more than 10 miles from the track. Any more ideas write in maybe they will use some of them and this will all be for something.

Zcar
08-19-2008, 09:57 PM
If someone get the approval for a bigger sign on 309 (and 93) I will make them for free. Same with the posters. If someone wants to distribute them, I will print them up.

Another good area for advertising is those billboards on the fence at little league fields. We make a ton of those every year and they aren't that expensive. Could be a good draw from families that sit and stare at the boards for hours instead of flying by one on the road.

RACER08
08-19-2008, 10:07 PM
That's awesome. I knew this might work. I would put some up in the places I go no problem. I think if we finish good this year next year will be a fresh start and will be better for the crowd and especially the drivers.

thriller 34
08-19-2008, 11:17 PM
quick question has anyone lastely gone out to big diamond in minersville???? PACKED!!! every friday night the stands are packed they have things for the kids there that draw in crowds and also at intermission instead of GOD AWFULL music they have what they call the dash for cash....its a series of match races between 2 cars i think they are 1 or 2 laps and the winner of each one of the races gets something like 50 or 100 dollars cash....which goes into helping the drivers pay for the things they need to go racing every week (fuel tires admission exct) granted i know something like this would never happen at mountain because you can never...i mean NEVER get anything for free....recently the lease at mountain speedway was extended for 5 years. Let me ask you this if there is no1 in the stands and i know for a fact they arent selling a whole lot of terrible 4 dollar cheesburgers why would the lease be extended if a whole lot of money isnt being made off of the drivers in the pit area....something really needs to be done to get people into the stands...and when that happens the drivers need some relief....this season my only pit crew members all season have been people that are going there with their own cars...and my family (thanks guys)....but now it is getting to the point where some of my family members will not be coming into the pits anymore cause they cant afford it....and i cant afford to buy them in or even lend them the money for the week...and at this rate it is looking more and more like your number 34 thriller will not be seeing a full season next year...not cause i cant afford to maintain the car...not because i dont enjoy it anymore....not because im too busy.....but because at 35 dollars a week the people i would love to be there when i win a race or have a good finish cant be there with me.....which makes every thing not worth a damn thing...this is NOT!!! the economy....its the robbery that happens every week to us drivers and here is another thing that sucks the fun right out of racing...and i would love another driver or two to back me up on this you cannot get anyone to help you on your car anymore...not because people are lazy or because no1 is interested...but because no1 is going to bust their *** every night in the garage with you....then sit in the stands cause they cant afford to be one of your mechanics on the day of the race...so here is what i propose which i know wont happen but hey whatever....how about for every driver that comes through the gate...one free crew member (granted that crew member has a pit license) this crew member must be present when the driver signs in and the driver must vouche for this person being on his crew...again i know this wont happen but it would be nice and i can dream....if something like this happened...just a little something where the track FINALLY said to their drivers hey thanks guys for coming out here EVERY WEEK and putting on a show watch what happpens to the car counts...watch how many fresh faces you see in the stand from the families of the people running the new cars...and watch how many fresh faces you see in the stands because their are not the same 10 cars out there every night...but the same 20 cars....not to mention the ones who didnt make it in through the consi

RACERX
08-19-2008, 11:57 PM
your dead on wayne. we have been racing at penn-can on fridays and five mile point on saturdays the stands and pits are packed. large car counts . something needs to be done at the mountain.

thriller 34
08-20-2008, 12:15 AM
recently earl paules at big diamond during a rain delay had a tire and rim stolen from his trailer...he informed the track about it and they said that they would keep their eyes open for it since if anyone else had it it would be very easy to spot and if they could not find it they would buy him a new tire and wheel....now there is a track showing a driver hey we appreciate you.....this year at mountain it was very dissapointing to see paul frantz....the street stock champion pretty much told he was not needed nor wanted during a discussion with track management....that would be something you would probibly NEVER see at a track like big diamond...and the car counts grow.

sk8077
08-20-2008, 12:49 AM
I race in a feeder division FWD 4 cylinder class and this is merely my opinion of the situation.

I raced the 100 lap enduros at Mountain last season and also showed up and ran a regular saturday night show. I absolutely love racing at Mountain and would be there every week if certain things were different($).....

I race weekly at the Clinton County Raceway. The nightly fee to race is a flat $25.00 pit fee. Thats it. There is no licence fee, parking fee, and track tire in our division. Our total purse for 24 cars in a feature is $775.00. With this in place we have 25 to 30 FWD cars that race weekly. We have a decent regular purse for what we are---an entry level division. With these facts thats why we have so many cars showing up. Most of us FWD drivers usually bring 2-3 pit admissions and 5 or more grandstand admissions. If you do the math thats some pretty good money in the gate for any racetrack.

We also have some "special shows" that payed 200.00 to win. We recently had a show that payed 500.00 to win and payed 100.00 for 5th. We had a great turnout for that one.

Fan support has been spectacular too. With an average of $10.00 to get in the grandstands tha helps too. On average we have had between 1500 to 2000 fans every week.

Last year when I raced a regular show at Mountain I spent $70.00(35x2 for a crew member) for the pits. Also bought the pit licence for 75.00 and the transponder fee of 10.00. I spent $155.00 that night and finished 5th and got $25.00 for the payout.

Like i said I'm not complaining or bashing.... Just want to state an opinion.

Erin C
08-20-2008, 07:57 AM
Hey Scott...why don't you print up some flyers for the photo booth? This way both drivers and fans who support the track can put them up in local shops and restaurants. This would be a good way to spread the word right now. Also, I am sure if you mention that you can make a bigger sign on 309 to Mr. Callavini he would be all ears!

That's the kind of support I like to see...offering services you can render to the track you race at! :applause:

I think it is definately time that the drivers, crews, and fans to start spreading good words...everywhere you go you have to take the good with the bad...no track is perfect but you can't disagree that this is a great track! :cheers:

RACER08
08-20-2008, 07:58 AM
Thriller #34 thanks for your opinion it is a perfect example of why I started this whole thing. If the economy is such a big problem on why the track turnout is bad then why are all these other tracks packed. I just want to say this without you guys the drivers and pit crews there would be no mountain and I hope the track starts to realize this.

P.S. Thriller #34 I know first hand that your pit crew would be there every week if they could.

RACER08
08-20-2008, 09:54 AM
I would just like to add 1 point. With upcoming King of the Mountain I think it would be a great time to get the flyers made up and posted so that people can see what actually goes on at the track so it will make them return next year. Maybe some ads in the paper would work. If 1 of you guys would like to make up the flyers I would be happy to post some of them. I'm not sure they are going to like the prices but I know that won't change at least we can give it a try.

Erin C
08-20-2008, 10:30 AM
Also, I do know for a fact that there will be press releases for KOTM and a large advertisement in Area Auto as there is every year. I think if anyone has any connections that may be able to do some free advertising (friends of restaurant owners, garage owners, ANYWONE who would allow posters on the windows) even spreading the word to people who you KNOW are racing fans but usually sit and watch the cup series, invite them out for a night of fun and I guarantee they will love it!

I do believe the best advertisement is word of mouth, so if we can keep our complaining to a minimum and be grateful for what we have then things will pick up!

Zcar
08-20-2008, 10:31 AM
I'll get with Geno and come up with some info and design ideas. Then we'll get them printed up.

Erin C
08-20-2008, 10:42 AM
Great! Thanks, Scott!

RACER08
08-20-2008, 10:59 AM
I don't believe anyone is complaining. Finally we are trying to stick together and get something accomplished. Yes word of mouth is great but what can it hurt to try some other things too. Signs are great thanks. I still believe there are a few more of you out there that need to stress some opinions. Ideas so far are great.

Lilly Rush
08-20-2008, 11:29 AM
your dead on wayne. we have been racing at penn-can on fridays and five mile point on saturdays the stands and pits are packed. large car counts . something needs to be done at the mountain.

Where is Penn Can. That is a new one on me.

jm31
08-20-2008, 11:40 AM
I do believe more advertising would help. Not only in the track area, but expand out a bit. Every time someone asks me where I run, their response is "Where is that?'. Even when I say it's the old Evergreen Speedway, most folks have no idea there is a racetrack there. As far as explaining how to get there, it would be much easier to say "follow the signs on 309".
We are all for helping out any way we can, so if the posters are made, we will get them out on our neck of the woods as well..

RACER08
08-20-2008, 11:46 AM
you hit the nail on the head. This is what I am getting at. Thanks

Erin C
08-20-2008, 12:04 PM
I didn't say anyone was complaining here...but if you look at most of the other threads that go on and on until you are sick of hearing it you'll know what I mean...we need less of that and more of what we are talking about in this thread! :)

RACER08
08-20-2008, 12:14 PM
I'm sorry I misunderstood.

White Lightnin
08-20-2008, 12:58 PM
Where is Penn Can. That is a new one on me.

Penn Can is north of Scranton, maybe closer to the NY border.

Lilly Rush
08-20-2008, 03:30 PM
Thanks for the information. I have been up that way but did not know there was a track.
Another thing to mention that can turn off a lot of people in the stands is when a driver is handing out goodies for the kids and doesnt have enough. I have seen this done more then once. A driver will have candy and small toys etc but will give out something to one kid in the group and by pass the rest. This makes for a disgruntled parent when the kid is starting to cry and asking why did my brother or sister get something and not me. Its ok if mom and dad have a couple bucks to go buy the crying kid something but suppose they are out of money. Then you have to listen to the crying over why he did not get anything. It can ruin the race for mom and dad and whoever is sitting next to the kid.
If you dont have enought for everyone scratch that idea please. I have been there on the receiving end myself over the years. It is sort of like when you are in grade school and the only kid not invited to the popular kids party.:help:

RaceFan
08-20-2008, 10:31 PM
I have to agree about the prices at the Mountain being way too high. We have been racing Friday and Saturday at other tracks and spend less at the 2 tracks put together. We do however, still have a driver at the mountain, but he has not raced there last week, nor will he be there this week. I do know we used to bring at least 10-15 people in the stands each week. That was a ton of money just from our group alone. We simply can't afford it anymore. Signs are not going to help yet at this point. If people are willing to make signs for free, then great..but to pay money for ads at this point will not do any good. People know the mountain is there, as they have known its been there for many, many years. The only way to pick up the fan count and make money is to lower prices in the pits, food, and stands. How about the tires as well, expecially in the 4 cyl. class?! Start by lowering that and then let word of mouth spread first to bring up the counts. THEN when the counts pick up, THEN spend the money in advertising. We now go to penn can and pay 13 bucks to get in but students are 11 and youth is 3 and under 6 is free. Check the web site. I know the mountain lowered its price to 10 but if I bring my 7 year old, I'm still paying 10 for him.... unless I lie and say he is 6 just to save money to be able to by him a soda and hotdog for 10 bucks!! But at the other track French Fries are a buck, soda for a 20oz bottle is a buck. A cheeseburg is 1.50. Racing starts at 715 and if you are not there by 7, you aren't getting a seat in the stands!! The car count is amazing as well. The one great thing about the mountain is that it is close for local drivers. Thats about it. What happened to the go karts? That would have brought in more young racers as well. I know we were looking forward to it.

Geno
08-20-2008, 11:35 PM
Question- You said that you brought your 7-year old son and admission was $10. When was that? All season long kids 10 & under were free.:confused:

Almost forgot to add the link from March:
http://www.mountainspeedway.com/News_Press/2008/admission.htm

Also, the Mountain website is www.mountainspeedway.com

RACER08
08-21-2008, 08:14 AM
I know the prices are high especially in the pits and this has been covered in this thread and a point that we are trying to get across to the management of Mountain. I don't think an effort in making flyers and putting them up will be without notice. The people that go to Mountain are the one's that have been going for years, but more people have moved into the area in the past years and have no idea about it that is what the advertising is for. Please let me know when the flyers are made so I can pass them around. The examples that have been put forth in this thread are great but I still believe there are a few more drivers and pit crew that can put forth their opinion. The more voices the more we might be heard. I am probably dreaming.

33Munky34
08-21-2008, 09:17 AM
I don't think the prices at Mountain are really much different then other tracks in the area. I have been going to Mahoning almost my whole life and have been going to Mountain for many seasons as well. To get in the pits it is $25 for both places with a pit pass. I think the $10 grandstand price at mountain is great. I think Mahoning is $14 and when there is a specail race like this past weekend they charge you $20 to get in the stands and they were pretty full. If you want to compare the two tracks I think the difference is that one is basically right in town where the other is in the middle of know where. Food prices are crazy at both I agree with that. Mountain has always had the problem of people in that stands. Why who knows that tracks itself is great and I know the drivers I help love running there. Although many do not cause of fuel prices and what not. It is just easier for most to run closer to home. I think both tracks would benefit from running different days. The few times I was able to make to Mountain where on sundays and the stands where full and the car counts where great. I think something needs to be done though before we lose more circle tracks. Like Pete Brittin had on his car(i think it was him) at the Roc race at mahoning. "Support your local short tracks before they are gone":)

bigell14
08-21-2008, 09:27 AM
MY HEAD HURTS

:help:

bigell14
08-21-2008, 09:28 AM
Anything I can do to Help Call me 732.239.0814 :wave:

jm31
08-21-2008, 10:04 AM
I was wondering when you were going to chime in...
I'll see you Saturday..

RACERX
08-21-2008, 11:41 AM
the track is located in great bend. get off 81 north at the great bend exit bear right about 7 miles cant miss it. get there early if you want a seat.:)

Zcar
08-21-2008, 02:32 PM
I have the posters printing now. If I have time, I'm gonna print up some Mountain Speedway bumper stickers to hand out to the fans.

RaceFan
08-21-2008, 02:56 PM
My mistake Gino... My 11 year old...... Does it really matter???!! The point is still made. The track is looking for a way to raise fan and car count, and as a fan and drivers, I am giving you our input. Take it for what its worth... I thought you wanted to raise the fan count, not lose them. Think out of the box!!

RACER08
08-21-2008, 03:30 PM
Scott, do you know where they are going to be so everybody knows where to pick them up?

Zcar
08-21-2008, 04:11 PM
I made a few calls today after reading this thread. Advertising isn’t cheap, for advertising it isn’t bad, but here is the best that I found.

93.7 Jr has an advertising package for around 600 dollars that would get you 33, 1 minute commercials in different times on the schedule. The package runs from fri-monday. It includes a handful of commercials in each time slot (6a-10a, 10a-4p 4p-10p etc.)

They also said when you purchase that package they will do ticket giveaways live on the air between 6 am and 7 pm. I think that this could work but it would be up to the track and what they are willing to pay.
I am waiting on a call back from Froggy 101 also. This is just to put it out there and see what track thinks. I don’t really know if they have a marketing/ad person but I can help out if they want.

Also, Scott will have the posters there this weekend for people to take and hang up.
-Jennifer Adams

Zcar
08-21-2008, 04:11 PM
we will put them at the photo booth.

bobbysgirl1805
08-21-2008, 08:50 PM
Has anyone gotten the latest issue of Circle Track Magazine? Look up the article "Which way are we headed? The state of short tack racing." It goes on to say what hurts small & local tracks. The last page was very interesting. That's as far as i go without getting myself in trouble..........Again. It's absolutely worth checking out. :disgusted

Lilly Rush
08-21-2008, 08:54 PM
No I do not get that magazine.Where do you buy it.Or better yet email me privately and tell me what it says. lol
rushlilly@rocketmail.com:D

bobbysgirl1805
08-21-2008, 09:42 PM
You can purchase Circle Track magazine at most local mini marts. Turkey Hill, Sheetz, or maybe Uni marts, also look in Walmart in where the books are.
I know i've seen at 1 of those places, we have it mailed to our home.

Maddawg
08-21-2008, 09:51 PM
It's a SAD picture............. The cover is even uglier... It shows a picture of Wall Speedway, with the billboard outside the Entrance" shadowed saying-- Closed permanently, thanks to all who supported us over the years... ect... What a damn ugly picture!!!!!!!!!!!!! and it wasn't because of advertising, car counts, fans, whatever! if something doesn't happen soon we might see the same thing on the little sign on 309!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Greed Sucks !!!!!!!!!

thriller 34
08-21-2008, 10:04 PM
car counts are getting lower and lower....and we are the only ones supporting the track right now so i see it coming very shortly....hope im wrong but i see it coming

RACER08
08-22-2008, 07:53 AM
I also would be willing to help out with the promoting of the track willing the track would do it.

jm31
08-22-2008, 08:31 AM
I think that's the general idea here. I look at it this way, running the track is a business. No one would do it for free. We go to work all week, work on the car and look forward to racing on the weekend. Just starting out this year, I know it's expensive, but what isn't? It costs me more to go to work every week than it does to race. I do this because I love the sport, not for the money. Don't get me wrong, getting paid to race is great, but we don't count that as part of racing budget, that would be foolish.
I'm sure the economy has an impact in the stands and the pits, but what would be doing if there were no tracks around? If we help promote the sport and the track, it will pay off for everyone in the end. It doesn't mean you have to agree with the track management, the prices, or the calls, but that is part of the game. I have always been willing to help promote the track and the sport in any way possible. My family and crew feel the same way.
Count us in for posters, bumper stickers and anything else to help..

bigell14
08-22-2008, 10:29 AM
:applause:

pv18
08-22-2008, 01:12 PM
I am just catching up but would like to offer our help as well. My Family has been in this game since the late 60s and have lost too many tracks we loved since then. With that said, Mountain is a better facility today than when I first raced there back in 2004. The track and racing is much better. In my opinion it is when the management stops the improvements or the town is against you that you need to be concerned.

Please let us know how we can help. We are not up this weekend, but will be back next. I live in the Philly area, my parents are in East Stroudsburg and Long Island every week so spreading the word should be the easy part.

Also, if any of you have ever had the chance to meet a Verwys, we NEVER shut up...it is hereditary.

Pat Verwys

Erin C
08-22-2008, 02:16 PM
I can vouch for that!! I think it is hereditary after talking with your parents!!

Geno
08-22-2008, 11:49 PM
No matter where it’s at, the whole idea is promoting short track racing. Thanks Jeff, and to everyone else that agrees.

Groundpounder
08-25-2008, 02:50 PM
I think both tracks would benefit from running different days. The few times I was able to make to Mountain where on sundays and the stands where full and the car counts where great.

Mountain should run Sundays all season long.

zombo
08-27-2008, 12:53 AM
i have made the trip to mountain several times over the past 8 or 9 years. it had become my second track after wall. anyway, i think location plays a big part in mountain's attendance. i remember always seeing small crowds. it's unfortunate. people used to be willing to travel a bit more, but with gas as it is, they stay closer. when you're in the sticks, that's what happens. us wall people have been supporting mountain for the most part. i think drivers and the hardcore people understand the track and what it has to offer. i like the promotional ideas everyone has. just keep in mind it is a long term thing and don't get discouraged if you don't see results right away. you have to hit a lot of people to get the small percentage that will respond to the advertising. see you guys at king of the mountain. i can't wait, and i hope the place is packed!!!!!