PDA

View Full Version : Any other news on the "old Timer's day" this weekend?

btgoss
08-19-2008, 06:18 PM
I have read the press release, but I was hoping there would be some additional information about this event.

It sounds like there may be about 5 cars there, this was less then we saw at that bar in Farmingdale last year. I am hoping it will be a good show, but I am also hoping for a nice turn-out of cars.

Ellen Denniston
08-23-2008, 08:27 PM
There are two events tomorow , Riverhead will have cars on the track, Marty Himes will be at his home, the Himes Museum celebrating his birthday and racing.
Enjoy which ever venue you choose.

Ellen Denniston
08-24-2008, 09:11 PM
Thanks to every one at the Himes Museum for a great reunion. See everyone in October at the Changing Times Pub.

Dwight Clock
08-25-2008, 06:33 AM
Thanks to every one at the Himes Museum for a great reunion. See everyone in October at the Changing Times Pub.What date in Oct. is that? I'm planning a trip to L.I. and want to see that while there. Thanks in advance for your reply.

The Bullfather
08-25-2008, 06:54 AM
I'll have video from The cars and stars event at Riverhead in a few days. 14 cars took to the track and had a blast!

W. J.
08-25-2008, 07:33 AM
What date in Oct. is that? I'm planning a trip to L.I. and want to see that while there. Thanks in advance for your reply.
October 4th at Changing Times Pub in Farmingdale, with a rain date of Oct 25th. :)

btgoss
08-25-2008, 09:46 AM
I went to both events this weekend.

I have to say that each event mostly felt like half and event.
The Riverhead event had actually cars running on the track, but didn't have that something "special."

The event at Marty Himes museum had the historic feelings, with all of the old timers. But not seeing all of those cars on the track was a bit of a letdown.

I really hope that this situation can be corrected for next year.

No one ever likes to admit they are wrong. In this case, while I do not recall the reasons the track gave for canceling last years event at such a late date, I really think the track has to be the one to bend/apologize/whatever in order to bring both events back together.

I think it would make both events better.

I will post a link to my pictures when I get home tonight.

nitros77
08-25-2008, 10:18 AM
From what i heard riverhead did place a call to marty but he didn't except it.:(

randomrodder
08-25-2008, 11:46 AM
I love Marty and I hope he and RR can mend their fences so they can come together and we can have one great event. We are after all, in the same "family". I went to RR instead of Marty's for two reasons. One being I can't get around Marty's in my scooter and the second being Pete will be doing something with Marty in the off season.

Tower Man
08-25-2008, 01:33 PM
Please don't make it appear the track called Marty to fix this and he didn't take their call.

I know what happened and I will not say it here, but if you call Marty and ask, he will tell you.

He is so upset at Riverhead Raceway, he won't even go watch his grandson race.

I have to respect his reasons and leave it at that. He will return on a certain day. You can ask him and he will tell you the day. Believe me.

nitros77
08-25-2008, 02:09 PM
i am not saying anything only what someone said that is close to the track. and i don't know what happened between them and it is none of my bee's wax lol.

btgoss
08-25-2008, 03:28 PM
This almost sounds like a bad divorce.

Both sides, I am sure, feel they are right/justified, but it's the kids (us) who suffer ( a bit dramatic I know.)

Not to be morbid, but we have to face facts, we are not going to have this family for very much longer. Feelings of regret never go away, and perhaps both sides need to just agree to disagree and then move forward with what is best for everyone. (Again, I am not involved on anything more then a fan level, so that is easy to say.)

I really would love to see Riverhead organize the old Timers along with the Jarzombek/Evans/Baldwin race. It would make for a great weekend. Run it with Polish town fair and you would have something even the town would have to love.

h.p.
08-25-2008, 03:32 PM
hey tower heard the day martys coming back to the head will be a cold day in hell......................lol

Tower Man
08-26-2008, 06:56 AM
H.P., that's only part of it...

catfish
08-26-2008, 09:19 AM
the rest of it probably had to do with it freezing over