PDA

View Full Version : Hirschman Tests with Gillette-Evernham

Howie
08-19-2008, 09:31 PM
The story about Matt Hirschman testing for Gillette-Evernham today is HERE (http://localracing.nascar.com/node/1266) on NASCAR's Home Tracks web site.

SIModified
08-20-2008, 07:12 AM
Now, my only question is this:

I wonder if Matt actually had to pay for that test, or did Ray actually give him a chance to prove himself?

Politics aside.....Matt and Kevin Swindell would one heck of a two car team!!

JACK MAN
08-20-2008, 03:52 PM
No money was involved. Just Ray looking for some raw talent. Like the next Jeff Gordon or Tony Stewart

raceaddict24
08-20-2008, 08:10 PM
No offense to Matt, he's got a ton of talent, but you want to look at raw talent, look no further than Bobby Santos III! Tip of the hat to young Bobby as well,as he gave up his ride in the family owned midget Sat night at Waterford so his sister could race it for points.

Jaws
08-20-2008, 09:23 PM
After see Bobby race I am sure his time will come. He looked great at Thompson last week.

Good luck to Matt.

JACK MAN
08-21-2008, 08:32 AM
I don't know much about Bobby other than he is a good driver and can jump into anything. What I do know about Matt is that he is more than a driver he is like a Rusty Wallace or a Allen Kuwicky ( I know I spelled that wrong sorry ) he can tell you what spring or shock or what adjustment the car need in just a few laps. Thats how good he is with the car fell and im sure now a days with only a few laps for practice then time and then race it is so important that you get a driver who can get the car up to speed right away. This is were the teams will save money with tires,fuel,testing ect. Getting a drive with smarts who can get you in the show with little time is importtant now a days no matter who it is.

Good luck to who ever gets the ride I want to see someone who desives it now someone who has a big check.

The Bullfather
08-21-2008, 02:00 PM
Congrats to Matt, also Ronnie Silk has a lot of raw talent!

Modifiedthunder
09-03-2008, 11:10 PM
Hirschman will be running in the Camping World East Series for Gillett-Evernham Motorsports! ! !
Matt will make his full fendered debut Friday, September 12

I'm honored they asked me to drive. My job is to race as well as I can and the rest will fall into place. Who wouldn't want to be part of GEM? But that is a long way off, now I am just concentrating on racing well this weekend. The Camping World East Series is a great series. I appreciate NASCAR creating a series where a lot of us get a chance to show our abilities