PDA

View Full Version : incident in the pits

fastgal
08-24-2008, 08:48 AM
does anybody know the outcome of the brode / young altercation? any suspensions? seems like too many calls to the police lately:(

Enginboy
08-24-2008, 10:34 AM
I saw the race
That was racing
I saw what happened in the pits
That was awful.... What a shame

vsmidge68
08-24-2008, 12:10 PM
In my opinion that wasn't racing....Beating the he** out of the guy in front of you isn't racing. I don't understand how the 3000lb. Grand cars can go 3 wide into the turns and not take each other out, but the mods can't seem to find more than one groove........I remember back in the day the modified race was the best race of the night...now it's just "follow the leader and beat them until they move." I'm sure I'm going to get alot of angry responses here but it's JMO:wave:

RPMcGrellis414
08-24-2008, 12:23 PM
You shouldnt get alot of angry responses... YOUR RIGHT!:applause:

It's ridiculous seems like only 2 or 3 guys, if that, know theres and outside groove to this track.

maestri fan 1
08-24-2008, 12:26 PM
I was sitting in turn 2 watching the battle between Young and Brode, from what it looked like, it was hard racing, that didn't end well. Of course I was only watching.

VaRacer
08-24-2008, 12:34 PM
I was in Virginia and could not be in Riverhead.

maestri fan 1
08-24-2008, 12:35 PM
Brode and his crew attacked Young, trashed his trailer, stole the jack and impact gun. Cops came and recovered it all.

str8up
08-24-2008, 12:40 PM
What Chris did to Howie was in no way a racing incident, he flat out planted him into the wall. I would also like to know what the heck he was thinking when he spun out Eddie on the caution lap :mad::mad: He did that right in front of the officials and of course there was no call.

VaRacer
08-24-2008, 12:42 PM
Thanks for the update.
H&B Motorsports

maestri fan 1
08-24-2008, 12:44 PM
Well not sure if you noticed the 8 was having mechanical problems and couldn't get rolling again. Now could it be possible that something in the 8 broke resulting in him going around?

str8up
08-24-2008, 12:52 PM
Something broke alright AFTER he was hit by Young

Golf Guy
08-24-2008, 12:58 PM
I don't think the 49 intentionally hit the 8 in 3/4, I just think the 8 checked up for the yellow quicker than the 49. I cannot comment on the incident in 2 as I was sitting in 3. Regardless, nothing on the track gives anyone the right to attack someone in the pits and touch their equipment.

modified_fan
08-24-2008, 01:43 PM
Golf Guy summed this up rather well.

Being in turn 4, I can't judge the 49/96 incident.

What happened afterwards has NO place here.

The officials do not tightly make judgements on incidents happening on the track. This is their right. Making calls on a tight short track is NOT easy.

But if mod drivers feel that calls won't be made, they will tend to chop down, drive a wide line with others alongside, and bump less than squarely at will. This creates chaotic situations. Certain drivers do this more than others.

The innocent parties just get pissed more and more. They feel they can't race here. $'s fly out the door as wrecks become more and more frequent.

Maybe its time for the black flag's return to the mod races?

jbear15
08-24-2008, 02:37 PM
What Riverhead Raceway needs to do is to hire 1 or 2 squad cars from the Riverhead Town police for every Saturday night.. I have been to other race tracks like Thompson and Wall stadium were just having a police present, stopped all of the stupidity that would go on after the races...People would think twice about attacking someone or trashing there trailers..etc... if they knew that at the end of the night they would end up in the back of a police car, handcuffed.

W. J.
08-24-2008, 04:12 PM
Thompson and Wall were/are required by law, as the State Police have the final say on any motorsports event. That's why they were there, not because of fighting or thefts.

catfish
08-24-2008, 04:33 PM
It all started opening night or so,one little non-call here and there and you end up with what you got on the track. Action like that on the track and what are borderline thugs before hand get to prove how much of of a true idiot they can become. JMHO

Zemco117e
08-24-2008, 04:34 PM
Racing in NJ and CT fall under the Department of Transportion, thats why the smokeys are there...

Richie25
08-24-2008, 06:14 PM
bowman gray has cops also. seems like alot there even ready to go in the infied.

http://www.wxii12.com/video/17215462/index.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkiZjC-8CGQ

woot lawrence
08-24-2008, 07:39 PM
and the enduros are the circus acts???? :confused::confused:

smiley27414
08-24-2008, 07:52 PM
bottom line is chris young needs to learn how to drive his race car!!!!! i am not a howie brode fan but i dont blame him for what he did!!!!! im not sayin it was right but he was angry look at all chris young did last night,He took out howie then he pretty much cost fortin the champ of 2008 and he spun eddie under yellow.:mad::mad: he need to go to modified 101 and learn how to run the car

The Bullfather
08-24-2008, 08:14 PM
bottom line is chris young needs to learn how to drive his race car!!!!!

How years has he been racing? Think he knows how to race by now! I'll have the video footage up by Tues. or Weds. on my site, you'll see the incident plus more!

bulldozer
08-24-2008, 08:15 PM
Wow two weeks in a row modifieds are fighting in the pits.I know tom Anderson got two weeks off for fighting and a 250 fine are the guys that fought the last two weeks going to get the same?

The Bullfather
08-24-2008, 08:39 PM
Ummm yes, you should know the penalty real soon... Not sure what has to be done or what will be done, but something will be done or has!

debster
08-24-2008, 10:08 PM
bottom line is chris young needs to learn how to drive his race car!!!!! i am not a howie brode fan but i dont blame him for what he did!!!!! im not sayin it was right but he was angry look at all chris young did last night,He took out howie then he pretty much cost fortin the champ of 2008 and he spun eddie under yellow.:mad::mad: he need to go to modified 101 and learn how to run the car

I haven't been to the track in years but that is nothing new for Chis Young he used to put alot of cars into the wall many years ago. ::lol:

Turbo
08-24-2008, 11:18 PM
whether they are horrible or great drivers, there is no room for fighting in the pits. yell/scream/ give obscene gestures but try to hold back from the physical contact!! Penalties should be stiff / strict and consistent otherwise people will walk all over those rules!

nobandwagonhere
08-25-2008, 12:22 AM
I dont know, the officials need to start setting some of these guys down for driving like morons (or the right term would I guess be "Rough Riding"). That seems to be the problem. How long can you just sit back and take it? After a while you get to the point where its the "either they do something, or I will attitude". Not saying its right, but lets be realistic.....everyone has a boiling point. So let me get this straight, you can drive like an ***, cost people $$$ wreck their cars, and then have the nerve to cry and play victim when that person whos night you just ruined intentionally, comes back at you? Wow....dignity goes right out the window. When I was a kid if you pulled that crap you got your *** handed to you in the pits. Bet if those days were still here, and a little more officiating and consistency by the officials there might be a little more respect on that track. I saw the whole thing first hand and let me tell you something.....I'll be wearing a Howie Brodie T-Shirt next week.

nobandwagonhere
08-25-2008, 12:26 AM
and the enduros are the circus acts???? :confused::confused:

Yeah...go figure right? I thought we put on the best show last night. Pretty sad as we were a "side show".

vsmidge68
08-25-2008, 06:54 AM
"I'll have the video footage up by Tues. or Weds. on my site, you'll see the incident plus more!" (posted by bullfather)

I really don't need to see your footage. I saw it first hand and I know what I saw...By the way, I've been watching Young pull the same **** for years also, but never once have I seen Brodie retaliate, I guess Boom Boom is right...everyone has a boiling point..

The Bullfather
08-25-2008, 07:01 AM
You don't have to watch, but sometimes people need to realize that not everything you see first hand is what really happened. Different angles, we see every weekend in Sprint Cup. I'm not saying Young is innocent in this incident, but there are people who want to see the video! Emotions also come into play when a driver you like or a driver who has a history does something or has something done to them. What Howie did in the pits and his crew was totally wrong! Tired of seeing crew memebers fighting, leave it to the drivers, they are the one behind the wheel. As soon as Howie was taken out of the situtation the whole crew went to work, it was a disgusting scene. I wish everyone could play nice, but it's not that way at all, never has been either! No matter what year there has always been problems, no matter who was in charge! This happens almost at every track across the country!

dbl-take
08-25-2008, 08:43 AM
From all the reports, sportsmanship in short track racing takes another giant leap backwards.. SAD :mad:

14SMOKE
08-25-2008, 09:48 AM
From all the reports, sportsmanship in short track racing takes another giant leap backwards.. SAD :mad:

Its so true, racing is obviously a passion for these guys... but there is no reason in my mind at least why its worth the time, effort and penalties to go and get into a fist fight with some guy.. You want to be a man about it grab him after the race tell him how you feel like a adult with words not with fighting. Teenagers fist fight because they are immature, Adults are "supposed" to be a little more with the program in terms of how to act. Hell sit the guilty party down for the rest of the year and fine the crap out of them, then start fresh next year. If you want to hit something so bad punch yourself for pulling a bonehead move.

advil
08-25-2008, 01:12 PM
14smoke, the 49 driver has been spoken to like a gentleman ,man to man by teams and officials. this individual just dont listen .he has plenty of seat time 20 + years the best equipment money can buy .He refuses to run anyone clean not just the 96 car .No one can pass him low or high. I knew in the pit of my stomach ,on the last resart he was gonna do what he does .3/4 of a lap later 96 car destroyed ,shortley after that 8x gets it .He doesnt listen to officials or man to man reasoning,well the rest is the rest and everyone has their limit .

catfish
08-25-2008, 04:07 PM
JMHO but trashing a trailer and swiping material items is for babies and little boys. You want to be men and you have a problem with each other and want to solve it like men do like they did back in the day "OFF PREMISES" if you are really men. Waiting in the parking lot across the street down the road or somewhere the 2 drivers stand there and fist fight like men, then IF you can get both there let them settle there differences like men. Chances are you won't get either there because without their boys to back them up NONE of them really want to fight. AGAIN JMHO

jeffrey
08-25-2008, 05:42 PM
where is the respect now days.to bad there ant any more drivers like Richie Evens.He had his bad days of racing but never heard of him fighting or trashing other drivers trailers.even if it was the other drivers fault. read his book the life of Richie Evens.theres a driver that allot of todays drivers can learn from even to day.its different today.back then you built most of you stuff not like today where you buy and bolt on.so you had more respect for your car and the other drivers car back then because you new if you crashed you had along week in front of you.to bad you couldn't turn back time.mis drivers like Richie and others like him.thats when it was racing.and yes I'm still living in the past.but hey those where the good old days.so 2 wrongs dont make it right.they should both be dQ for at least 1 race.

skmods
08-25-2008, 07:56 PM
What happened saturday night was just hard racing. Brodie is one of the most immature people out there besides JR when he is there. Brodie has picked many fights on many occasions with drivers. I also remember this year when he ruined Rusty's run at a win. But if the shoe was on the other foot and someone did what he did to Rusty there would have been another fight. Him and that whole gang of his needs to grow up. Plus I have to say he must have some small ***** because anyone can go after a man when he is strapped into a car. I didn't see him wait till Chris was out of the car. Also I have to say R.R. should have given Chris sometime so he could get his car back together after what happened. The officials saw what happened and wouldn't help someone out.:mad:

top row crew
08-25-2008, 08:11 PM
FOR ALL YOU PEOPLE IN THE STANDS INCLUDING MYSELF, THAT WISH WE DROVE A MODIFIED, YOU SHOULD ALL MIND YOUR BUSINESS AS FAR AS WHAT HAPPENED ON THE TRACK. THATS BETWEEN THE 49 AND 96. THE REAL ISSUE IS HOWIE AND HIS GOONS TRASHING SOMEONES TRUCK AND STEALING EQUIPMENT. THOSE GOONS HAVE NO RIGHT TRYING TO START A FIGHT WITH A PIT CREW WHOS AGES LOOK LIKE THERE OVER 60 YEARS OF AGE. TRASHING PROPERTY IS NOT RIGHT. :mad::mad::mad:

Jeff T
08-25-2008, 08:42 PM
First off, I will admit that I was not there Saturday night to witness the incident, but trashing someone's hauler and stealing equipment is complete B.S.. Yes, everyone has a ton of money and time invested in this sport, but crap like that is un acceptible by any standards. Why do you have to go and destroy someone's hauler and steal their equipment? That's just being a punk, plain and simple. I've been in many positions over my 30+ years in the sport where I would have liked to gone over and taken a swing at another driver for what they did to my driver, but bottom line is, as a crew member, it's not my fight. That's up to my driver to decide if he wants to take it to the next level. Trashing someone elses hauler was never an option in my mind. You still need to stand next to and race with these people every week. I know someone said earlier about how it used to done in the old days. I can remember Carl Zeh and his crewman Big Alex coming down and screaming at my driver at the time after a modified race. I also remember that five minutes later, we were all standing around having a beer together.

advil
08-25-2008, 08:47 PM
Catfish, I am curious .... what would be your sugestion to straighten out this situation prior to this weekend. We already mentioned multiple talkings to the 49 driver ,with and without officials present .Smashing into him is not the answer as we came to race .Not to smash up very expensive race cars.(we were 3rd in over all points before we were right turned ). And you cant say well, thats racing .Its very far from racing... Good racing is a side by side duel lap after lap with minor or light contact(rubbin)This is why there is a so so car count and a so so audience.Let me also say that I have alot of respect for Mike Cappiello,hes got a tough job to do and I wouldnt want to wear those shoes.But Ive been present at these talks with the 49 driver and it goes in one ear and out the other .So how many wrecked race cars do you keep fixing with no reprecutions for the same guy causing it again and again.Its to the point that the whole crew cringes when we have to start next to this guy.Again that is not racing .What everyone saw was a team completley frustrated with a driver that refuses to run his line .He actually had the inside line and his car was pretty good.So what did smashing into the 96 do for his track position anyway.Then he smashes into the 8x....that is not fun racing to watch ,its boring and arduous to watch a race that goes one maybe two laps and then caution 1/2 hr clean up and repeat .If the officials stepped up and parked guys for rough riding. alot of what goes on in the pits wouldnt come to pass because , teams would have their wrongs righted before things escalate to this point. So whats your legitimate suggestion prior to this weekend ...???keep taking what we been taking and talking has gotten us nowhere and quitting aint the answer because winners never quit and quitters never win..I am open to legitimate ideas only!!

randomrodder
08-25-2008, 08:57 PM
3 strikes and you're out for the season. Period. Naturally I mean intentional strikes.

!. Fine em.

2. Fine & Park em for two weeks

3. Out for the rest of the season. End of story.

Oh, BTW, all classes.

catfish
08-25-2008, 10:14 PM
tough call hindsight is 20/20, maybe if they started putting people down and established earlier in the year they were not going to take any crap would have helped, maybe not because they caught a load of crap when the officials actually did something. It really comes down to respect or lack there of, and once that is gone(and apparently IT IS GONE) you have the free for all you now have. I don't know in my honest opinion what you can do now, but like Nascar maybe do what they did at Bowman Gray, probation for the 09 season and a $1000 bond that they must post before they go on the track and the first time the screw around you and the $1000 is gone. Maybe $1000 ain't enough make it $2000. But you should know this, car count is down and will be either way, either they are thrown out or wrecked out either way is not good for the track. I honestly don't have an answer, it really is in the drivers hands alone as they are ultimatley responsible for there actions, and that is who it belongs between respectfully or not their decision.AGAIN JMHO

Tower Man
08-26-2008, 07:06 AM
The reason there are so many fights/altercations in the pits is because the unnescessary actions on the track are not dealt with when they happen. Fines don't work. I once fined a driver $10,000 and within 15 minutes he had a check. (Right T.K. ?). The mangement doesn't want to suspend because of the poor car count and the loss of pit revenues.

I seem to recall the speech one of the officials read at the wnter meetings regarding fighting and rough riding. That official is gone and the speech was smoke and mirrors.

So what's the answer? Take away points. Start in the back for a few weeks and pass without hitting a car.There are provisions in the weekly rulebook to take away points.

Wheel Racing
08-26-2008, 07:56 AM
The reason there are so many fights/altercations in the pits is because the unnescessary actions on the track are not dealt with when they happen. Fines don't work. I once fined a driver $10,000 and within 15 minutes he had a check. (Right T.K. ?). The mangement doesn't want to suspend because of the poor car count and the loss of pit revenues.

I seem to recall the speech one of the officials read at the wnter meetings regarding fighting and rough riding. That official is gone and the speech was smoke and mirrors.

So what's the answer? Take away points. Start in the back for a few weeks and pass without hitting a car.There are provisions in the weekly rulebook to take away points.

Which official is gone?

W. J.
08-26-2008, 08:58 AM
Paul Dodorico

catfish
08-26-2008, 09:48 AM
Once again JMHO, without complete authority to make the calls without pressure from above(track level) or politically aligned people(again track level) applying pressure on decisions, you stand a snowballs chance in hell. They need to forget whether it is a prominent car owner, race sponsor or the Pope and make all the calls just and as close as humanly possible for EVERYONE. And that needs to start at the winter meetings right through inspection weekend and the entire season. I really do believe that if this were to be accomplished that is really all anyone is looking for is a fair and honest shake against everyone - big budget, no budget, track favorite or the guy everyone craps on weekly. Consistency folks CONSISTENCY

W. J.
08-26-2008, 10:04 AM
Once again JMHO, without complete authority to make the calls without pressure from above(track level) or politically aligned people(again track level) applying pressure on decisions, you stand a snowballs chance in hell. They need to forget whether it is a prominent car owner, race sponsor or the Pope and make all the calls just and as close as humanly possible for EVERYONE. And that needs to start at the winter meetings right through inspection weekend and the entire season. I really do believe that if this were to be accomplished that is really all anyone is looking for is a fair and honest shake against everyone - big budget, no budget, track favorite or the guy everyone craps on weekly. Consistency folks CONSISTENCY:applause::applause::applause::applause ::applause:

That's hitting the nail right on the head. Now let's see what happens.

Hollywood
08-26-2008, 10:09 AM
Let's try this a different way:

How about awarding an additional 5 points to the Cleanest/Straightest car that finishes all laps every week?

LOLOLOL Just a thought!
:wave::wave::cheers::wave::wave:

tstiles
08-26-2008, 10:58 AM
thats one of the best ideas iv heard in an effort to clean up the racing out their. hope someone higher up looks at this post.
Let's try this a different way:

How about awarding an additional 5 points to the Cleanest/Straightest car that finishes all laps every week?

LOLOLOL Just a thought!
:wave::wave::cheers::wave::wave:

broz
08-26-2008, 01:30 PM
hope someone higher up looks at this post.

Think I saw someone say something in another post about a snowball and Hell :disgusted

Fkraft99
08-26-2008, 02:34 PM
i say we go raid gershow and other junkyards and let the mod guys go at it in a demo.

Golf Guy
08-26-2008, 03:27 PM
i say we go raid gershow and other junkyards and let the mod guys go at it in a demo.

I like that idea!!!!

wayne
08-26-2008, 03:28 PM
A boxing ring or an octagon right in the middle of the track after the features are over. LOL

randomrodder
08-26-2008, 03:47 PM
A boxing ring or an octagon right in the middle of the track after the features are over. LOL

That would put an immediate stop to all fighting in the pits for sure! :lol:

The Bullfather
08-26-2008, 03:53 PM
Sure would, it would bring it front and center! They can charge more money for this circus act! :lol:

Ace
08-26-2008, 04:07 PM
To trash another drivers trailer, steal stuff out of and then fight him is uncalled for.:disgusted
Since the 23 charger got 2 weeks for fighting, Brode should atleast get the last 2 mod races off as well and a fine!! I doubt anything will happen to the 96.
The 49 and 96 will start up front again this week, you just might see the samething happen on the track 2 weeks in a row.

Turbo
08-26-2008, 04:13 PM
I think that would create the best demo we probably have ever seen!! You know they wouldnt back down or avoid hits in that one....

The Bullfather
08-26-2008, 04:18 PM
Just because we haven't heard anything yet, doesn't mean action wasn't taken! I'd be shocked to see Brode there again for the rest of the season.

bulldozer
08-26-2008, 04:24 PM
Well im not mentioning any names but i saw fighting going on the week before and those guys were back.

EDGEnterprises
08-26-2008, 06:33 PM
This post has really gotten really far off topic... But you will NOT be seeing Brode @ Riverhead for the rest of the season. And that's a fact.

And for all of you who like to assume what happened, and think they know what happened... Go speak to the drivers. They were there, they know EXACTLY what happened. For the events that happened in the pits, maybe not totally necessary, but I honestly believe Young deserved every bit of it. I know, and I've seen plenty of other instances where Young has been involved with incidents on the track and he manages to get away unscathed. But maybe he'll learn his lesson, or maybe he won't. Time will tell...

I've worked with Howie, and I know what goes on. For him to be that upset and for him to do something to this magnitude, it must have been a really bad and uncalled for situation on the track. Howie doesn't loose his cool all to often, but when someone intentionally takes you out, and destroys your racecar worth say about 40-50k dollars, I'd be a little pissed the hell off... Put yourself in these guys shoes. I'm a driver at this track now too, and I know what goes on now that I am out there driving with these guys. It really gives you a reality check into what is actually going on in the heat of the moment.

But... that's my 2 cents. May not be worth much, but don't assume anymore!

randomrodder
08-26-2008, 06:55 PM
I had heard that from an inside source that couldn't reveal it until it was official. He hinted at it but it was assumed by someone else supposedly "in the know" that his remark didn't make sense. Basically the same thing about assumption.

The Bullfather
08-26-2008, 07:04 PM
The higlights from Modified race are up on my site. http://www.pitstoppitbull.com

catfish
08-26-2008, 07:15 PM
"But... that's my 2 cents. May not be worth much, but don't assume anymore!"

For "don't assume anything" there seems to be a few assumptions on your part as well Bryan, so maybe you should rethink your post

Golf Guy
08-26-2008, 07:17 PM
I had heard that from an inside source that couldn't reveal it until it was official. He hinted at it but it was assumed by someone else supposedly "in the know" that his remark didn't make sense. Basically the same thing about assumption.

Hey Yogi Berra is that you?

W. J.
08-26-2008, 07:23 PM
Well, Dave Sapienza lost his $40,000-$50,000 race car in an on track incident last year, and he didn't tear up anyone's trailer because of it, so I guess there is no valid excuse for that kind of behavior. Scream at the driver, scream at the officials if you feel they've made a bad call, but destroying the personal property of another person, when you know the risks involved in racing, is just wrong.

The Bullfather
08-26-2008, 07:23 PM
:lol:Hey Booboo, I think Ranger Rick might be taking some picnic baskets away! So play nice drivers!

Yes I do know the difference of Berra and Bear!

jeffrey
08-26-2008, 08:28 PM
every driver that straps him self into a car nows what could happen.the 49 did stuff the 96 into the wall.just watch the high lights.you can see the 49 just turn right into him.and thats a good ex sample of why allot of drivers in the mods dont run the out side.I now if I had a 40 or 50k car I wouldn't put it out there.you can fix this tho.just take the mirrors and radios out of the cars and the respect I think would come back.you wouldn't be able to mirror drive or radio drive like allot of them do right now.and yes I now allot of you guys will say there for safety.but I dont buy that sorry.but in all in all the 96 and crew had no right to trash someone Else's trailer.

Pita
08-26-2008, 10:16 PM
I just watched the video & yes I see Young's wheels turn right BUT only as Brode comes down on him & hits his right rear quarter panel. That being said, I don't care if it had turned out to be Youngs fault...Brode and his "boyz" had absolutely no right to do what they did. If Brode was smart, he'll take his punishment from the track, and then apologize to Young & hope he doesn't press charges for assault, destruction of property and burglery.

Lugnuts
08-26-2008, 10:42 PM
I must agree with Pita. I watched the video clip numerous times and must say that Brodes car comes down on Young and makes a sudden dart to the right just before Chris turns right. As a long time modified fan, and former crew member, I feel that Chris's turn to the right was a result of Brodes contact.

As, stated before on numerous posts, just an opinion based on the video. Wasn't in attendance.

As for the actions of Brodes team. Outright wrong. If they, the competitors and teams, don't stop the nonsense, not just in the modified division, they just might not have a place to race.

maestri fan 1
08-26-2008, 10:47 PM
I agree as well, Brode Definatly hit Young, no doubt about it.

advil
08-26-2008, 11:49 PM
I just want to know how many times the same guy can wreck a 50 k car not own up to it not appoligize for it ,be spoken to about it like a man before he deserves what chris got .he destroyed our property quite a few times this season.THIS WAS DELIBERATE. HE DOESNT LISTEN!!!! I knew this wreck was coming before he did it because it happens every time hes near our car .I didnt need to see no video although it clearly shows him right turn the 96. I saw it live .And the excuse he gave was that bill mitchell built him a new motor and he wasnt use to the power . When your going into the turn your off the gas .... but thats his excuse . he took out the 96 the 84 and the 8x and still no penaltys for any of it ,and thats just this week. Id say he got off easy when you think of dollars spent . And please for the love of god dont any body say( well thats racing) .I think my head will split open and candy will come out. there are rarely any nights that go more than a few laps without cautions coming out long cleanups of cars and debris and repeat.And now evry body wants to hang Brodie .Put your self in his shoes .He spoke to chris on multiple occations with and without Mike Cappiello,works all week on these cars as does everyone ,spends thousands of his own money he works his way to 3rd in points runs guys clean (ask mike andrews jr ) he came over and thanked him for a great race and not smashing him outta the way.he was 1st we took 2nd. But then the 49 gets near and the rack is broke rear bumper gets bent on and on with the 49 .HE DONT LISTEN.Now Brodies car gets hit hard enough to rip a header half off the motor and chris is the victim?You dont keep poking a dog with a stick and then shoot the dog when he bites you.I really like Mike Cappiello and respect him sincerely,but if action was taken earlier this wouldnt have happened .No if ands or buts .And anyone criticizing Brodes frustration should go take 100,00.00 out of there bank account between two top race cars + the trailer and see how long you would take that .(He did try to handle this with Chris like a man many times ) Chris just dont listen!!!All people saw was Brodie lose his patience. And then threw Brodie under the bus .Its not right .No punishment for delibratley crashing the96 then the 84 then the 8x. That must be some motor Bill Mitchell built (Chris' excuse for the crash).

nobandwagonhere
08-27-2008, 12:02 AM
Young deserved what he got. JMO

advil
08-27-2008, 12:04 AM
To all the people posting that the 96 came down on the 49 ,Why didnt Chris say that then .The excuse he gave was the powerful motor. He was in the car and basically admits to losing control of his car because of the new motor being so much more powerful than the old one .How ever thin the excuse is he admitted that much to Cappiello.Now it just leaves weather he's being truthfull weather it was an oops or on purpose .Either way he touched off that wreck.

allhailunc
08-27-2008, 03:05 AM
answer plain and simple without the major debating Chris Young-GONE
Howie Brodie-Gone

they obviously both did a "no-no" and to possibly allow them to continue would be a slap in the face to the other drivers out there.It might also send a message to others with similiar ideas in mind to think twice and to put their brain in gear before acting(and to think i'm missing all of these carnival acts:lol:)

watchinurace
08-27-2008, 03:52 AM
To all the people posting that the 96 came down on the 49 ,Why didnt Chris say that then .The excuse he gave was the powerful motor. He was in the car and basically admits to losing control of his car because of the new motor being so much more powerful than the old one .How ever thin the excuse is he admitted that much to Cappiello.Now it just leaves weather he's being truthfull weather it was an oops or on purpose .Either way he touched off that wreck.

Don,
You are a liar. Chris Young never had the above conversation with Mike Cappiello, or anyone else for that matter. Chris knew exactly what had happend Sat night.
Also the supposed "numerous meetings and conversations you stated took place between Chris and Howie and Chris and the officials are also a fabricated lie.
Oh and after viewing the clip, dont get to mad at your driver for making a fool out of you.....Brode caused his own wreck... This is of course my humble opinion
Ann Young

EDGEnterprises
08-27-2008, 07:07 AM
You all seem to think that Howie had come down into Young. But watch EACH and EVERY restart before that. Howie drove the SAME consistant line through the corner, and NO ONE ELSE smashed into him. There was plenty of room at the bottom of the track into turn 1 when the "incident" happened, so much room that Tom Rogers was able to pass without getting a scratch on his car... It may look like Brode drove down but when your going INTO A TURN you MUST Turn left, what a smart thing to do right? But his line was consistant. Bonsignore starts to the inside of Howie, doesn't wreck him. Eddie III starts to the inside, doesn't wreck him... Young starts to the inside and trashes Brodes car? Are you people crazy? Watch the video closely. Watch it in slo-mo. And you can see it even better... And even RIGHT BEFORE it happened, in turns 3-4 Chris smashes into the side of Howie. Chris then almost smacks the wall on each of the restarts because of that "Big Horsepower" he had in the car...

If anything Chris made a fool out of his team and his sponsors. When you delibertly take someone out it doesn't look so hot does it? Young deserved every bit of what he got. He wrecks cars each week and walks away with a clean racecar.

Just watch the video... It shows Brode riding the same line each and every lap. Take it as you see it, but I've reviewed the tape 100 times, and maybe more...

catfish
08-27-2008, 09:27 AM
What happens on the track between drivers happens, NOONE has any right to enter anybodies trailer and trash or take material things, I don't give a **** if they ran your mother over in her wheelchair, Nothing gives you the right to do that and for anyone say that he deserved that to happen really needs to rethink their thoughts because that is not racing(ok maybe what happened on the track was or was not doesn't matter) trashing and stealing are CRIMINAL acts. Once again JMHO, Think about and I truly believe you will agree with at least that part of my rant.

maestri fan 1
08-27-2008, 11:48 AM
Edge you think Chris made a fool out of his team? Are you serious? The video shows Howie coming down, it's right there, more than one person here agrees as posted earlier. Now I didn't see Chris's team behaving like ANIMALS!!!!! What I did see is an immature driver trash a trailer, steal belongings, and attack the driver while he was still strapped in his car, then proceeded to rant and rave and kick his car. Yeah I don't know about you but I would be embarrassed to be on Brode's team after that. And just so everyone knows, I was there trying to splice Chris's wires that were ripped apart, so I saw everything.

EDGEnterprises
08-27-2008, 11:55 AM
You must not be watching the same clip we are all watching. I've watched it over a 100 times, trying to find out what happened. I've slowed it down, and sped it up. The rear wheels made contact AFTER Young turned right entering turn 1... Chris 100% planted Brode in the wall by turning his wheel right. Chris went UP the track and even left a hole for Tom Rogers to get through. Howie drove the same line into the turn each lap before, and no one else had a problem underneath of him... Hmmm

And for that matter... I am not on Brode's team, get you god damn facts straight. I haven't worked on his team in 3 years, I am just an onlooker. So why don't you get your **** straight before you acuse someone of being on a team they aren't.

maestri fan 1
08-27-2008, 12:07 PM
For the record Bryan I was not accusing YOU at all for being on his team. It was a general statement.

Regardless of what happened on the track, which by the way I stand for what I have been saying, gives no right to behave like animals. Every member of that crew that participated in that should be ashamed of themselves. All seriousness, something like that can result in someone getting hurt.

LongIslandJam
08-27-2008, 12:18 PM
This is turning from a discussion of events to finger pointing between posters.

From those who were in attendance and those who watched the video, there are definitely different viewpoints based on your perspective (both physically and personally). Only Young and Brode know their intentions going into the incident.

The bottom line is what happens on the track, should stay on the track. No one is making a fortune off racing at Riverhead. It's a hobby that should be fun. If you're not having fun, then maybe you should pick another sport that's a little less stressful. No one is forcing you to do this.

In an effort to prevent this from getting personal, this thread is closed. All I hope for is we learn from this incident, and move on.