PDA

View Full Version : Enduro Banquet?

Tracy87BB
08-25-2008, 10:02 AM
There has been some talk of the possibility of organizing a banquet/awards dinner (with a DJ and buffet) for the enduro divisions at the end of the season. If this is going to happen, now is the time to get working on it. Elaine Vollmoeller has offered to do much of the legwork for the enduro drivers in setting this up; however, she wants to make sure that there is interest among the drivers. It is my understanding that the top 5 drivers in each of the enduro divisions will be receiving trophies this year. Elaine has stated that she will do everything in her power to keep the costs as low as possible to make it as affordable as she can.

So, anyone who is SERIOUSLY interested, please PM me, email me at tchirico@longislandjam.com, or leave a post here so that she can gauge the actual interest.

I realize that no one can give a definite answer without knowing the price of tickets, date, etc., but it is important to be sure that the head count will be at least in the right ballpark. I will let Elaine know this coming weekend what the interest looks like, so I urge everyone to seriously consider whether they would go or not, and contact me with a realistic headcount of how many people you think would come with you.

Tower Man
08-25-2008, 01:42 PM
Aren't the Enduro's part of the Riverhead Raceway Banquet? Will the drivers support both?

I thought Car Quest was supplying trophies. Are they supplying both banquets' trophies? Or just one?

Tracy87BB
08-25-2008, 01:56 PM
Tower Man, all of the specifics haven't been worked out. I am trying to help them simply gauge interest at this point in time. Working out details will not occur until it is clear that there are details to work out. I know SAFER has their own banquet in addition to the Riverhead banquet, and it seems to work well for all involved. If you're interested in coming, let me know!

ray fitzgerald
08-25-2008, 09:25 PM
Just read on the "EYE ON RIVERHEAD" there will be No 2008 banquet for Riverhead Raceway. If Elaine can put it together my wife and I will be there for our own enduro banquet. Keep up the work elaine and THANKS.

John Cozza
08-25-2008, 09:59 PM
John and I would gladly join an Enduro Banquet...hopefully the date will be a good one...
Janet Cozza
:wave::wave::wave:

vsmidge68
08-26-2008, 05:25 AM
Tower Man...We went to the RR banquet last year and quite frankly I can only compare it to my last root canal..:wave:.(not for lack of trying on BF's part. He worked very hard to keep it lively)..I can see why SAFER has their own. I think it's a great idea...

Tower Man
08-26-2008, 07:20 AM
Not only does S.A.F.E.R. have there own Banquet and has since the 70's, but the drivers get a FREE ticket. Well it's not really free, it's covered in there monthly dues. This was instituted this year. A portion of the dues covers a ticket for the driver. This insures every driver can attend.

I tried to do the same with the BB Division, but a couple of misguided teams felt I was doing this to make money.

So count me in for any help you may need to pull this off and make it a gala affiar.

leah28racing
08-26-2008, 09:21 AM
why isn't riverhead having a banquet this year???

Tracy87BB
08-26-2008, 09:42 AM
If you read the "Eye on Riverhead," Bob Finan gives a good explanantion of what led to the decision.

http://www.riverheadraceway.com/rreye.html

Tower Man
08-26-2008, 10:19 AM
Hate to be negative, but I recall a Wall Banquet not happening and 6 months later...I can't even say it.

This is a travesty!!!!

Banquets are like parties. You chose to go or you don't. To recognize champions and give out awards on the last race is the stupidist thing I ever heard of. To some the Banquet is the time to be recognized for their accomplishments. No matter how big or small. Even with the politics.

JumboJim92
08-26-2008, 01:15 PM
i would love to go to the banquet if it does end up happening and i would want to bring my parents if its not too much trouble. hope to see you all there.

~Jimmy #92

Tracy87BB
08-26-2008, 02:40 PM
Jim, when it comes to the enduro drivers getting together, I don't think anything is ever too much trouble. Thanks for the heads-up...it helps to gauge actual interest.

WEEZER
08-26-2008, 05:09 PM
A party sounds good to me. Hey JUMBO JIM, what brake pads did you end up using for your grand and are you bringing the football again this sunday?

Anthony 19

Wheel Racing
08-26-2008, 07:43 PM
If you read the "Eye on Riverhead," Bob Finan gives a good explanantion of what led to the decision.

http://www.riverheadraceway.com/rreye.html

I also think the North South Shootout being the same weekend was the last straw. People went to the banquet at the hotels and paid for rooms and turned it into a real happening. Polish Hall never had the same feel and most people would rather go to Concord. The track would probably see more of a turnout if they pushed the date back to a date when there were no big races going on. We always talk about having pride when Long Island drivers travel and race well,but the banquet date also penalized teams that wanted to do that and forced them to make a choice JMO

JumboJim92
08-26-2008, 08:37 PM
Anthony, im still using the same brake pads that i started with, my dad found a problem with the rear brakes after the august 10th race. As far as what pads they are im not positive on the number but i know they are from hawk. i have been doing two-a-days with varsity football so i do not have much time to work on my car, my dad takes care of that, you can ask him what number pads they are. The football will be there as my trademark!!! Maybe Greg can gather up some people and we can have a fun game.:applause:

~Jimmy #92

racenut38
08-27-2008, 04:59 PM
Count me in I think we could have a great party

richardpetey
08-27-2008, 08:11 PM
Can you be from the "free world" side of the toll curtain to attend, hehe..................................;)
UNCLE PETEY...................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

W. J.
08-27-2008, 08:18 PM
Can you be from the "free world" side of the toll curtain to attend, hehe..................................;)
UNCLE PETEY...................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Only if you have round trip toll money or EZ-Pass!:lol:

Tower Man
08-28-2008, 07:35 AM
I see a new tradition coming here!

14SMOKE
08-28-2008, 09:49 AM
Hey all I just wanted to give an opinion, I know I wont be running till next year with you guys in the truck enduros, but what if you had a banquet/dinner at like a tgi fridays or applbees, Im sure if you called then you could get a large area of the resturant to yourselfs and the fact that you all would be buying food and drinks, I would tend to believe they would hook you up with a area as long as they knew how many people were going. Im looking forward to running with you all next year you seem like a good bunch of people.

thank you
eric barile

Mike Fields
08-28-2008, 10:39 AM
Just to throw out a wild thought; How about combining Enduros with the SAFER banquet that is usually held at a country club? That way, both can be certain that the minimum people needed would insure that no money is lost by either organization? Just make certain that it is not held on a "race date" would insure that it would be a very big success.

JM(not so)HO...

Tower Man
08-28-2008, 03:07 PM
Good idea Mike. Wait...did I really say that?

Mike Fields
08-28-2008, 07:51 PM
Damn Joe!!! One of the two of us needs a check-up from the neck-up!

That being said, you may want to join the fun with the Blunderbust division.

Tower Man
08-29-2008, 07:22 AM
I tried with the BB's but one or two competitors spoke to the office and they were told it can't happen. So those couple of guys went to the next meeting and squashed it.

I'll give you details the next time I see you.

leah28racing
08-29-2008, 08:22 AM
I was thinking the same thing.
ALso i was talking to Elaine also about doing a fundraiser like we had and combining it with enduro guys to raise money for the both of us.
maybe having 3 top money prizes lowering the price of the ticket before next racing season.SO everyone would get an idea of what they are racing for next year.

wanted to know if any enduro guys would be interested in participating.