PDA

View Full Version : Directions to Hinchliffe Stadium

Ronny
08-25-2008, 09:41 PM
Directions from Rt.80:

Coming from George Washington Bridge, Garden State Parkway, New Jersey Turnpike :
Take Rt. 80 West to exit 55B Union Blvd./Totowa
go 2 and 4/10 miles on Union Blvd. (becomes Union Ave.)
to Redwood Ave. (there is an Autozone on left) make a RIGHT onto
Redwood Ave. (you will see the stadium in front of you) go
1/10 of a mile to Totowa Ave., make a RIGHT onto Totowa Ave.,
go 1/10 of a mile to Maple Ave. make a LEFT onto Maple Ave.
Hinchliffe Stadium will be on your left.

Coming from Delaware Water Gap area:

Take Rt. 80 East to Exit 54 Minnisink Rd./Little Falls/Totowa
Make a LEFT towards Totowa, go 7/10 of a mile to Totowa Rd.
Make a RIGHT onto Totowa Rd., go 3/10 of a mile to Union Blvd.
make a LEFT onto Union Blvd., go approximately 1 mile to Redwood Ave.
(there is an Autozone on left) make a RIGHT onto Redwood Ave.
(you will see the stadium in front of you) go 1/10 of a mile to Totowa
Ave. make a RIGHT onto Totowa Ave., go 1/10 of a mile to Maple Ave.
Make a LEFT onto Maple Ave. Hinchliffe Stadium will be on the left

Teds Race Tours
08-25-2008, 10:22 PM
thanks. now why should we go there?

Fat Albert
08-25-2008, 10:34 PM
I think this is why, Ted

...Source: Hinchliffe Stadium National Register Application, 2003, with additions by the supervising editor of that application and The Friends of Hinchliffe Stadium.

In conjunction with the Great Falls Festival in Paterson NJ the first Hinchliffe Stadium racing expo will take place on Sunday August 31st from 1pm to 5 pm. Admission is free.

Hinchliffe Stadium that was a once glorious racing facility in North Jersey is seeing a renewed interest as a potential racing facility. Come out and see current and vintage race cars alike on display inside Hinchliffe Stadium. You might get to see the TQ midgets of the American Three Quarter Midget Racing Association make a parade lap around the stadium.

Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hinchliffe_Stadium"

Ronny
08-25-2008, 11:40 PM
The reason for people to go is different for everyone. You can come to see the race car show, and take in the Falls Festival. Which would be a fun day and admission is FREE. You can show up to show your support for those of us that are trying to bring racing back to the Stadium (which is a real possibility). If you have a car and you want to bring it you can display it for FREE, and from what I was told at the last meeting there, they get a crowd of about 30,000. That's a lot of exposure. Not everyone that goes to the Falls Festival is a race fan. It's an opportunity to promote racing to a new crowd. There will be press and possibly news coverage. You can get the chance to meet people like Chris Economaki, Ronny Kohler, Neil Cole, Bill Claren, Bob Kreiger, and more. I also do a show at Teterboro airport called the Wings and Wheels Expo. We made some new fans of racing there and thanks to Orange County Speedway, sent 10 people to the races that night for the first time for FREE. I went through my Dad's home track of Freeport closing and my home track Flemington closing and I try to do what I can to help promote racing to more people and preserve the tracks we do have. I have also been trying to preserve the history of our sport. All short tracks are important and we should stand by them all.

Ronny
08-25-2008, 11:42 PM
If you would like to take part in the Hinchliffe show or have any questions give me a call. Ronny Dennis Jr. (718)344-0502

RGeeProductions
08-26-2008, 12:30 AM
Jim Riley, Ron Dennis, and Brian LoPinto of the Friends of Hinchliffe Stadium Website are hosting the first Hinchliffe Stadium Racing Expo inside Hinchliffe Stadium on Sunday August 31st from 1 to 5 pm during the annual Great Falls Festival. Vintage and modern race cars alike will be on display at the show in the stadium that last hosted midget and stock car races in 1952. The show is a coordinated effort between the Friends of Hinchliffe Stadium, Paterson Mayor Jose ”Joey” Torres, Carmine “Butch” DeZuzio of Dayton Auto Parts, Joe Ruffilo and the Paterson Town Council to revitalize the facility that has been dormant since 1997 when it was last used as the Paterson High School's Athletic Field.

LoPinto has been working diligently on the resurrection of the stadium and did the work to have the stadium declared a National Historical Site because of the rich sporting heritage of Hinchliffe Stadium.

We have a number of modern and vintage race cars so far that will be on display at the show but we have additional space to fill in the stadium. Anyone interested in displaying their race cars should contact Ron Dennis at rode127@yahoo.com 718-344-0502 or go to www.ATQMRA.com and click the Hinchliffe Stadium Racing Expo link.

Blu Metz
ATQMRA President