PDA

View Full Version : A HEARTFELT THANKS re: The Gregory Children Trust Fund

luvmods
08-26-2008, 12:41 PM
:applause:I personally want to thank the FANS and EVERYONE in the pits (drivers, crew members, car owners, and supporters) who so generously donated money to the Gregory Children Trust Fund. On Saturday evening, August 16, prior to the start of racing, I walked over to the start/finish line, waved to Bobby Finan and pointed to my donation can. Knowing me, Bobby made an announcement that I was from Wayne Anderson's Racing Team and would be walking around collecting money for the Fund. It was truly AMAZING how generously people donated. To see the pride on the faces of children putting in their dollar bills was priceless, all the while knowing that this money was going to help two little children from Riverhead whose parents were killed in the Angel Flight #15. People donated from the heart with all donations gladly being accepted and appreciated.

Anyone still wishing to donate may still do so. You may give your donation to either Wayne or me at the #15 Modified or you may send a check payable to "The Gregory Children Trust Fund" at PO Box 633, Aquebogue, NY 11931.

I did not personally know this local family, nor did Wayne and Joette. Just being able to do something like walking around the grandstands and through the pit area collecting money for them was, in some small way, helping these children and I found it just heartwarming. I know those of you who donated also felt this way.

Again, a BIG THANK YOU!:applause:
Laurie Lechner[/SIZE]

randomrodder
08-26-2008, 01:11 PM
It takes a big man to stoop down to help young children. WTG Wayne and all those that have and wiil donate to this cause. Kudos.