PDA

View Full Version : Spec drag... call out

SuperShafts
08-27-2008, 06:27 AM
Hey Marty i just got a call from Charlie the Blazer, if you think you can beat him show up if not then i guess u really cant beat anyone and dont make up excuses about it not running rite..... He thinks he can take you and i wouldnt doubt it.

SUNDAY, have your boy there.

art11758
08-27-2008, 10:32 AM
Sunday! Sunday!! Sunday!!!
The time for talking is over!
Bring your best game.
And someone please videotape it since I'm gonna be away :( :( :( .

SuperShafts
08-27-2008, 06:46 PM
Sunday! Sunday!! Sunday!!!
Bring your best game.

Im not bringing the best game... but it'll get the job done..

Next year though.....if im tickled enough.....i might, i just might run each car once.

SuperShafts
08-28-2008, 06:45 AM
So unowho243 any word ? maybe? he's not? he's coming?

It's thursday already... atleast i give people answers.

unowho243
08-29-2008, 06:57 PM
Just got off the phone he said he will be there and after the races he wants to run u in a straight line tooo...

P.S i wasnt home all week sry for waiting to get back to u. this should be a good one! good luck everyone!

SuperShafts
08-29-2008, 08:08 PM
Just got off the phone he said he will be there and after the races he wants to run u in a straight line tooo...

P.S i wasnt home all week sry for waiting to get back to u. this should be a good one! good luck everyone!

Ok , no problem with straights... See you Sunday

wayne
08-29-2008, 09:38 PM
Jim, no offense to your boy in the blazer, but if he's gonna win in a straight line he needs to learn how to shift.LOL. I have never heard someone miss so many gears!

nobandwagonhere
08-29-2008, 11:44 PM
Throw out Bearing was GONE. Kid was pumping the clutch on the line. I talked to him before the race.

SuperShafts
08-30-2008, 08:16 AM
Throw out bearing.. oh boy....

Well he has a good chance on the oval, do to abs issues rearing there ugly head, but he hasn't a shot going straight...

wayne
08-30-2008, 08:39 AM
Boomboom, I didn't see this last race, I'm talking about all the other ones.lol

nobandwagonhere
08-30-2008, 10:31 AM
I hear ya Wayne....thats prob. why he had no bearing left for the last race...lol.
That Blazer is FAST going straight, but he has nothing through the corner. I had a run on him on the outside coming off, but once he straightened out it was a wrap! I think That black Suburban needs to come back out so I can win another pass!;) (lol).

Wheel Racing
08-30-2008, 11:44 AM
Maybe it's me but it seems like the blazer won't make it a full 1/4 mile straight. It sounds like it really winds up on the short straights and then he gets off unless he just brakes real early.From the grandstands it sounds like his gearing sucks and he runs out of motor too quick. Might be a good set up for burnouts though.:cheers:

randomrodder
08-30-2008, 12:51 PM
Maybe it's me but it seems like the blazer won't make it a full 1/4 mile straight. It sounds like it really winds up on the short straights and then he gets off unless he just brakes real early.From the grandstands it sounds like his gearing sucks and he runs out of motor too quick. Might be a good set up for burnouts though.:cheers:

Throw out bearing = stick shift, he's not shifting. He's rev'd out at the end of the straight away. In a straight 1/4 mile he'd shift gears, going into a turn he's not going to, he'll use the engine and gearing to slow him down some.

Wheel Racing
08-30-2008, 02:29 PM
I understand that, but I think he would actually win one week if he found a balance.He spends way too much time not being under power during his lap. The engine braking you are referring to is just way too much down time in my opinion

big502cubes
08-30-2008, 05:32 PM
That guy with the blazer talks alot but has nothing to show for it. Ill be out there with my 3/4 ton 2 wheel drive tomorrow so if you wanna run a straight come and talk.

SuperShafts
08-31-2008, 08:53 AM
Uh oh that blazer is gonna be buzy...

Or gonna be a early spectator

SuperShafts
08-31-2008, 09:06 PM
No blazer... oh well..

I want to say that Pete Sherman, the gray mustang did an awesome job...

Last year it would have been a huge lead in my favor... Pete was next to me the entire time, awesome run Pete.
That video is on the LIMA site.

Still looking for the blazer though....

He mentioned straight line...where does your boy live....im looking to make a trip to a 1/4 strip possibly and depending where he is...if memory serves me he's from CT... we can meet at lebanon valley...

Would like to run Don, unrestricted though, and the lemans.

randomrodder
09-01-2008, 12:32 AM
Congrats Marty, I heard you won today, (Sunday).

W. J.
09-01-2008, 07:37 AM
Super, the Blazer originally had PA plates, now registered in NY.

The Bullfather
09-01-2008, 08:32 AM
Didn't the Blazer have Vermont plates?

W. J.
09-01-2008, 08:41 AM
Didn't the Blazer have Vermont plates?Thanks for the reminder. You're right, it did.

SuperShafts
09-01-2008, 09:31 AM
Vermont is kinda on the way past lebanon...

Why did he register it in NY?

SuperShafts
09-02-2008, 07:50 PM
Ill be out there with my 3/4 ton 2 wheel drive tomorrow so if you wanna run a straight come and talk.

No one approached me....

unowho243....what happened? this is when i really start breaking b***'s

Now...do we need some new attire to go with your boy's no show....?

unowho243
09-02-2008, 07:57 PM
he called me 7pm that night saying he overslept.........

anyway congrats on your win Marty

big502cubes
09-02-2008, 07:59 PM
Supershaft I didnt wanna run you i wanted to run the blazer because he was talking smack one night after the races about how fast his truck was and i dindt have my truck their that night but i told him i would go get it and he said another time so i fiquired this would be a perfect time to run him since i see he started again. If he wants to run ill be at atco this weekend.

SuperShafts
09-02-2008, 10:11 PM
I see Big, i don't think he is showin at atco.....

I'll bet on that...

unowho...where were you?
Next time out is the 20th, i'll try and make that night, let me know if he is still coming for that spanking im holding for him... lol

I hope the people in the stands are side bettin....someone put $5 for me on me every round

cerckl'm racing
09-02-2008, 11:46 PM
Nice to finally see that Jeep out there - holy crap can that thing move off the line! Congrats on the win.

SuperShafts
09-03-2008, 06:51 AM
Thanks cerckl'm racing