PDA

View Full Version : SK Mods Coming to Practice Saturday...

Tracy87BB
08-27-2008, 08:58 AM
I'm hearing that there may be 6 or more SK Mods coming to run practice at Riverhead this Saturday, August 30th. They will most likely also get to turn a few laps after the features for the night have begun, so that the fans in the stands can check them out also.

Jaws
08-27-2008, 09:16 AM
Is this something the track set up with an eye for more in 2009 or 6 or 8 SK teams asking for track time?

nitros77
08-27-2008, 09:37 AM
Maybe the regular mods have to much power for the guys to handle.so there gonna have the sk cars come in and show them how its done.

Tracy87BB
08-27-2008, 09:44 AM
Options for 2009 are being looked into.

Teds Race Tours
08-27-2008, 10:21 AM
Sorry. Don't need SK's on Long Island :mad:. Enough divisions already, and, if anybody is thinking of running them as a headline division in 09, that would be the biggest mistake they could possibly make.

Fkraft99
08-27-2008, 10:30 AM
ted i dont believe there has been any talk of replacing the full blown mods. but i will say the other divisons with LOW car counts better take the hint.
and i think the sk's are a good idea for riverhead. especially with there being about 8-10 teams already on long island including... TS haulers equipment, the Goodales stuff, richie carmen, russ savoy, andrew dezenkowski, the solomitos have a car, kevin orlando has a car. i just feel like it would be a good way for drivers looking to move up from say BB, chargers or even go karts to get some less expensive open wheel expirence before moving on to the full blown mods.

art11758
08-27-2008, 10:39 AM
Or a "golden" opportunity for the promoters/owners.

Hollywood
08-27-2008, 10:59 AM
ted i dont believe there has been any talk of replacing the full blown mods. but i will say the other divisons with LOW car counts better take the hint.
and i think the sk's are a good idea for riverhead. especially with there being about 8-10 teams already on long island including... TS haulers equipment, the Goodales stuff, richie carmen, russ savoy, andrew dezenkowski, the solomitos have a car, kevin orlando has a car. i just feel like it would be a good way for drivers looking to move up from say BB, chargers or even go karts to get some less expensive open wheel expirence before moving on to the full blown mods.

Now we're talking....

attituderacing
08-27-2008, 11:31 AM
:mad:Tbax... They are not looking to replace the modifieds with the sk mods. They are looking into a couple of options for next year, like they did with the legend cars this year. It wouldn't be an every week thing. If you are so negative towards the sk mods, than don't come when they race.
Linda Solomito

Golf Guy
08-27-2008, 11:48 AM
I don't think Ted is against the SK's, he is, like the rest of us, a big tour type modified fan and would NEVER want to have them replaced. I do think they are looking at too many different divisions and fear someone is not going to be happy...

Tower Man
08-27-2008, 11:50 AM
Sounds like a good idea moving forward. However, that would mean, 13 or 14 divisions looking for shows. Maybe alternating certain divisions would work. Or like Fred stated some of the divisions with poor car counts should take a hint.

I also think when you add another division, it does not necessarily add new cars to the total, it just waters down the existing.

But SK's would be fun. I think they would have to call them something else because I believe Stafford has a trademark on the name SK's. That's why Thompson calls them Sunoco Modifieds.

maestri fan 1
08-27-2008, 12:45 PM
How about Double R Mods.

Riverhead Raceway Mods.

Just a dumb idea.

BOWATCHER
08-27-2008, 12:50 PM
start a top5 pick? all for fun of course

randomrodder
08-27-2008, 01:36 PM
I think SKs would be cool, something like alternating Saturday nights with low car count classes? Just a thought. Of course we'd have to see what kind of car count and interest there would be in the SKs.

Jaws
08-27-2008, 01:48 PM
Lets see more Mods!! It would get me to the track more often.

How about adding an SK race the night of the tour race? Several of thetour teams have involvement in SK teams.

Turbo
08-27-2008, 02:13 PM
I would like to see SK's run at riverhead

tstiles
08-27-2008, 02:16 PM
how much does it cost to run one of those cars each week?? i know the motor is a big part of the cost, but is it much cheaper than a tour car on a weekley basis ? thanx.

RACENUT
08-27-2008, 02:53 PM
The Chargers And Late Models Had A Sorry Field Of Cars This Year. The Main Events Was Like A Heat Race. I Think If They Could Come Up With A Division To Combine The 2 Into 1 division Would Be A Great Idea. It Would Be Better To See 1 Good Field Of Cars Then Having 2 Half Empty Divisions And Just Maybe The Sk's could Be The Answer.

W. J.
08-27-2008, 04:58 PM
I think they would have to call them something else because I believe Stafford has a trademark on the name SK's. That's why Thompson calls them Sunoco Modifieds.
How about the nickname everyone seems to call them, "Seek-n-Kills"?

Or, Riverhead Radical Racers, the 3 R's?

Fast&Legal
08-27-2008, 05:22 PM
Sk = Show Killer, if you think the regular mods have caution filled races you just wait til you see a sk feature...

fastfrank88
08-27-2008, 05:50 PM
If the track wants to try the sk's out in 09, they could schedule the sk's for the sunday enduro shows, and with some advertising you might bring in some guys from jersey and connecticut to fill out the field on a sunday. We have a sk car that we are building now, it would be great to run at RR instead of traveling to mountain next year. Mountain is running sk's and tour type mods, I called them last week and they said that they were considering running more sk (sport mods) shows because of the turnout. I think RR and the all the businesses (tires, parts, fuel) that supply us at the track would also see an increase in sales with a new division such as the sk's. I think if the owners of RR are considering the sk's for 09, it would benefit them and all interested parties if they announced their plans way before the winter meeting so the new teams can gear up.

Richie25
08-27-2008, 06:49 PM
what i think they should do is this. take the chargers and lates and combine them in to a calls. say limited lates or they way they are now. and move the grand enduros into a street stock class. i think that would make sat nights a good show to watch. there will be no empty fields. all divisions would be pretty sizeable. with most of the divisions have pretty good car count except the chargers and lates. just throwing that out there. so no need for sk's if they did that, but sk's would be a good addition when they can race as they would also bring a good car count i belive. Or you can leave grand enduros as are. then that leaves a spot for SK's and or legends.

Golf Guy
08-27-2008, 07:23 PM
what i think they should do is this. take the chargers and lates and combine them in to a calls. say limited lates or they way they are now. and move the grand enduros into a street stock class. i think that would make sat nights a good show to watch. there will be no empty fields. all divisions would be pretty sizeable. with most of the divisions have pretty good car count except the chargers and lates. just throwing that out there. so no need for sk's if they did that, but sk's would be a good addition when they can race as they would also bring a good car count i belive. Or you can leave grand enduros as are. then that leaves a spot for SK's and or legends.

I keep reading about combining the LM's and Chargers but has anyone asked the LM/Charger if they will be willing to combine? The additional costs to retro the cars to make one division may lead many to go to different tracks. Then if you do not get a good car count in your new division (SK or whatever)you have chased away many loyal cars to other tracks that you may never get back? Counts are down at almost all tracks around the country and this is mostly due to economic reasons.

Dwight Clock
08-27-2008, 09:53 PM
One part of this problem that I haven't seen discussed yet is the purse structure. The more divisions you have the less money is available for each division. Purse money for the mods is only a fraction above what it was 20 years ago. The cost to compete has escalated much faster. It is probably the main reason that Riverhead can barely draw enough mods for a feature. More divisions means more money coming in the back gate. More lower level divisions means less of that money going back to the racers. If the track can exchange a $10,000 purse for a division with a $2.000 purse and get the same number of cars the bottom line has just been increased by $8,000.

Tower Man
08-28-2008, 07:32 AM
In the past 30 plus years I have seen 2 strong divisions, the mods and the Figure 8's, become a mere shadow of themselves. Islip added street stocks in an effort to bring in new fans and drivers. What happened? The back mnarkers from each decided to drive street stocks. Then the street stocks wanted to be called Late Models and the cost escalated.

Then they added the VW's. An inexpensive class to do what? You guessed it. To bring in new fans and drivers. It did to a degree, but the VW's became mini modifieds and priced themselves out.

So here comes the Ladies Division. Wives of Figure 8 and Modified drivers. Well that got out of hand and men who couldn't afford the weekly cost of a mod or Fig 8 started racing with the ladies and they called it the Novice Division, which ulimatly became the Charger division.

So people wanted an entry level affordable class. Here come the Blunderbust. I won't comment any further on that one.

What I am trying to say is there are too many divsions and not enough drivers to fill the divsions. Out of state teams will have a major cost to get on and off the island and as you know, the payoff would be horrible at best.

So here's what needs to be done, IMO, have 3, every week, no off night divisons. And sorry Golf Guy, the Chargers and the LM look exactly the same to the fans, so yes, combine them as one over a 3 year transition.Run Modifieds, LM/Charger and Blunders every week, maybe include the SPT's. Alternate Fig 8's with Miller Lite Mods (SK's) and alternate Legends and some kind of Enduro. This would fill the pits and put fannies in the grand stands.

You need feeder divisions so a driver can move up the ranks.

Wheel Racing
08-28-2008, 08:11 AM
I think your idea is dead on except for the divisions. We would need to incorporate the Super Pro Trucks in there somewhere especially since they have become the best race to watch each week and the car(truck) count has continued to grow. I remeber years ago at Wall Stadium they actually had 2 different types of Street Stocks. One class ran the first half of the season while the second version raced the balance of the season. Great idea though Tower Man.

Jaws
08-28-2008, 12:16 PM
I think your idea is dead on except for the divisions. We would need to incorporate the Super Pro Trucks in there somewhere especially since they have become the best race to watch each week and the car(truck) count has continued to grow. I remember years ago at Wall Stadium they actually had 2 different types of Street Stocks. One class ran the first half of the season while the second version raced the balance of the season. Great idea though Tower Man.

I agree totally.Changes have to happen and we can't just add more divisions because it will hurt the car counts in the divisions we already have.

Look at some of the best tracks in the country, they run 3 or 4 tops divisions per week. I have driven 5 hours to go to a regular Friday night show at Williams Grove. 2 divisions 25 to 35 cars in each per night and what a show.

Show starts at 7:30 over by 10:30. Great racing all night! But I digress!

hollywoodmic
08-28-2008, 12:23 PM
Golf Guy, you can do the late models and the Chargers together just by weight. I don't what the added weight would have to be?? Then either the Chargers or the Late Models would have to do something with wheels so eveyone is on the same tires. The Late Models tried, the tried to fill the field they did a great job but fell short. The Chargers, they did not help themselves with car counts this year although the racing has been great. As for the SK's as long as they don't let the rules get crazy like they have in Conn. they shouldn't have a problem.

Richie25
08-28-2008, 12:42 PM
thats spot on tower man, couldnt agree more.

DriveitinDeep
08-28-2008, 02:17 PM
if the fans can't tell the difference between a charger and a LM, how are they going to tell the difference between a Mod and an SK? You're most likely going to have another division with 8-12 cars. If you have guys out there who can't afford to run a charger or a LM, how do you see SK's making a difference?

Golf Guy
08-28-2008, 03:49 PM
Roger you have wisdom beyond your years...

W. J.
08-28-2008, 04:31 PM
The SK Type mods, I'm told, will only run on 10" tires, not the wide steamroller tires the regular mods run on.

fred card
08-28-2008, 06:31 PM
just give the legends 15 race dates in 09 and you will have 30 cars every week

fisherman
08-28-2008, 09:12 PM
have sk mods then you will only have maybe 12 to 14 tour mods some will swich to sks

Turn2Guru
08-28-2008, 09:46 PM
Instead of bringing in SK's why not talk to the teams that came part time this year, 20 Late Models and 26 Chargers took points over the course of this season. See what it would take to get all these teams here full time and try to fix what you already have, instead of looking to get rid of already established divisions. I mean you don't shoot your dog just because he has fleas. I think a raise in the purse and more power to the officials in charge for more consistant officiating, allow tire softener so underfunded teams can run a set of tires two weeks if need be and cars will come back. Ther are alot of really good cars sitting on jack stands. Has anyone from the track tried to talk to these people, or is that up to the other teams too. Riverhead Raceway should put together a survey on what is needed to get these drivers back on the track and send it to the teams that run part time or not at all. See what they say, understand what they say, and try to come to an agreement with them. It could only mean more money if they get more of these cars to show up. If they felt like the track wanted them there, they would come. Instead everyone gets the same B.S. thrown at them, "if you don't like how we do things here then leave." Track don't care, they don't come, no races equals no money, simple equation

Tower Man
08-29-2008, 07:11 AM
Hey Turn2Guru, I have spoken to some of the "jack stand" racers. Their concern is cost. Over the last 10 years the price of fuel and tires has more than doubled. Yet the purses have stayed then same, or less in some divisions. The pit fee has doubled.

So teams pick and choose races they want to run.

And I agree with Fisherman. You will see a handfull of Modified teams become SK's because of cost and the feeling they can run up front.

I love SK's, very exciting, but we don't need 13 or 14 divisions looking for race dates.

Mike Fields
08-29-2008, 07:25 AM
From the fans viewpoint, if you're not holding a stopwatch, you can't tell the difference in speed between the SKs and the Tour-type Mods. The speed differential is minimal.

I believe it was either two or three years ago that Tom Rogers Jr. with his SK was in the same practice session as the Tour-type Mods down at Concord for the North-South Shootout. Not only was his SK keeping pace, but was actually running them down. It was an amazing performance.

W. J.
08-29-2008, 08:45 AM
I believe it was either two or three years ago that Tom Rogers Jr. with his SK was in the same practice session as the Tour-type Mods down at Concord for the North-South Shootout. Not only was his SK keeping pace, but was actually running them down. It was an amazing performance.As good as Tommy is at setting up and driving a race car, he probably could have done the same with a Blunderbust car!

btgoss
08-29-2008, 09:07 AM
This is going to be a short post, trust me I would love to say much more on this topic.

However I would like to propose that this test for the SK's is actually more of a test for a replacement to the current "Tour Type" modifieds the track is running.

When you look at the big picture. There is no reason to run Tour cars weekly.

Done correctly, over time of maybe 2-3 years. The switch to SK's would actually be better for the track.

Seriously. Put aside your feelings about having "real" modifieds (These cars haven't been "real" modifieds for years) and you can see that this change would be better.

CSLMOTORSPORTS
08-29-2008, 04:46 PM
I will add my two cents they should stand by the divisions they have over the years they stood by the fig 8s when car count were low they are not as strong as they used to be but better.There is no way that the chargers and late models should be combined ,you cant except a stock chasis car to compete with a fab chasis car if that is the case then why when the street stocks went to late models did all the cars get away from the stock frame,also if it is not that big of an advantage why cant you run a fab.chasis as a fig 8 car it has to be a stock clip.At mountian they have tried it with there late models getting ride of the pro stocks and letting them run with the late models with more motor and less weight well in the three seasons only two or three old pro stocks have won,and one of those came from the leaders wrecking.So if you have a charger then you need to get more motor all new 10 inch rims have your car set up with coil over shocks to run with the real late models and get your *** handed to you every week.Leave the divisions alone make it so guys can afford to race let them run tire softener and forget about adding more divisions and take that money and increase the purse .Mountian has no front gate i will count the people in the stands this week I have in the past it is not hard and they pay better than the head 500 to win street stock race.so lets make the divisions that run at the head want to race again so the car count gets back up .My two chargers will be back when i move back .Sorry im rambling on

top row crew
08-29-2008, 05:39 PM
GET RID OF USELESS CHARGERS N LATE MODELS, GO WITH SPT, LEGENDS, BB, SK, AND MODS. BRING ON THOSE GRAND ENDUROS.:cheers::cheers::cheers:

top row crew
08-29-2008, 05:43 PM
OH YEAH, TELL THE FIGURE EIGHTS TO LEAVE TOWN ALSO.:applause::applause::applause:

JBonsignore
08-29-2008, 06:06 PM
they will never eliminate the tour type modified at riverhead, there is no way your going to have 15-20 guys all switch the cars over to SK, these 18 degree motors are hard enough to sell and the 23 degrees are EVEN harder, these motors run about a average of $25,000-30,000, a strong SK is now up around $10,000-15,000, then you have to switch over everything from a dry sump to a wet-sump, to switch from a tour to a SK is just not a money saver for anyone already invested into the tour motors. However now people with two cars already said they may field a second car in the division, but i just cant see any of the top guys switching, not in this economy at least.

Also the SK will run the exact same tire we run, the 490s and 509 15" tires, not the 10", the rules will likely resemble the 3 CT tracks, so they can attract some of them guys!

so let all the CRAZY assumptions lay to rest, the tour division is going no where, the "RIVERHEAD MODS" since SK is trademarked by Stafford I believe will just be added as long as they like what they see tomorrow night!

W. J.
08-29-2008, 06:09 PM
GET RID OF USELESS CHARGERS N LATE MODELS, GO WITH SPT, LEGENDS, BB, SK, AND MODS. BRING ON THOSE GRAND ENDUROS.:cheers::cheers::cheers:
OH YEAH, TELL THE FIGURE EIGHTS TO LEAVE TOWN ALSO.
I GUESS YOU'RE BUYING THEM ALL NEW CARS TO RACE IN THOSE DIVISIONS???

It's so easy to spend other people's money!:mad:

top row crew
08-29-2008, 06:54 PM
WHATS THE PROBLEM, BB, SPT, MODS HAVE GOOD COUNTS. LOTS OF CHARGERS AND FIGURE EIGHTS ARE OLD JALOPYS. THE LATE MODELS ON THE OTHER HAND HAVE BEEN BOOOORING. THE MODS ARE HERE TO STAY, I JUST WISH SOME OF THEM COULD RUN ON THE OUTSIDE, DONT KNOW IF ITS A TIRE ISSUE. SPT, BB, AND LEGENDS HAVE BEEN GOOD. GRAND ENDUROS WOULD BE NICE A FEW MORE SATURDAY NIGHTS. SK MODS COULD WORK OUT, AS FAR AS THE DIVISIONS THAT I STATED THAT SHOULD BE AXED, NO I WILL NOT BE BUYING ANYONES EQUIPMENT. WHAT ARE YOU WATCHIN AT RIVERHEAD, DONT YOU SEE THOSE 3 DIVISIONS HAVE BEEN TERRIBLE. IF THEY CANT SELL THERE STUFF THAT WHAT GARAGES AND BACK YARDS ARE FOR ,LET THEM RUST AWAY:wave::wave::wave:

top row crew
08-29-2008, 07:52 PM
HEY W.J., BETTER YET, LET THEM DUMP THEM ON MARTY HIMES LAWN. HE'S ALWAYS LOOKIN FOR DONATIONS.:cheers::cheers::cheers:

btgoss
08-30-2008, 07:22 AM
I would like to stop this thread for a moment for thanking Top Row Crew for making statements that are more wild and inflammatory then anything I have said in the past. The bar has been raised today sir. Good Show.

I believe they should wall off the track, fill it with water, and race boats during the summer, and snowmobiles during the winter.

There needs to be some change at Riverhead as far as the weekly classes are concerned. At the rate they are going a Saturday show will start at Noon. While I understand the desire to have a large back gate, the track needs to try to switch back to making it's money off the front gate. Bringing in more people through better advertising and a more interesting show is the only way to do that. Then purses should go up. It's not rocket science. How they do that is where the debate comes in, but as the season winds down it is a great debate to have.

Here is my Regular show, under a BT run track.

Track Mods (running SK rules with grandfathered Tour cars handicapped)
Limited Late Models (Late Models/Chargers merged over time tube chassis car with very mild motor.)
Blunderbusts

Then alternating one week on one week off
Legends or Figure Eights

Sundays would stay pretty much the same. I would try to build the Grand Enduros into a Strictly Stock class. With rules that would be enforced so severely it would make the Spanish Inquisition look like a mild review.
I would also start the same division but with 4 cylinder cars to lure the tuner set to the track.

I would also bring at least 2 "traveling circus" type acts to the track each month for the rubes. Motorcycle stunt show, guy who blows himself up, wrestling on the front stretch, maybe a touring racing division.

I think it would work.

BOWATCHER
08-30-2008, 07:49 AM
SK raindate? rain tires?

rydogg97
08-30-2008, 08:55 AM
how about we wait and see what happens!!they are coming to practice!!as has been said in the past we have no input as to the goings on at the track so i suggest a wait and see approach.top row your words are a little rough.but if you have such a problem with it all then i suggest you stay home and dont waste your money.even though i dont agree i still respect your right to your opinion.

Jaws
08-30-2008, 01:11 PM
I would like to stop this thread for a moment for thanking Top Row Crew for making statements that are more wild and inflammatory then anything I have said in the past. The bar has been raised today sir. Good Show.

I believe they should wall off the track, fill it with water, and race boats during the summer, and snowmobiles during the winter.

There needs to be some change at Riverhead as far as the weekly classes are concerned. At the rate they are going a Saturday show will start at Noon. While I understand the desire to have a large back gate, the track needs to try to switch back to making it's money off the front gate. Bringing in more people through better advertising and a more interesting show is the only way to do that. Then purses should go up. It's not rocket science. How they do that is where the debate comes in, but as the season winds down it is a great debate to have.

Here is my Regular show, under a BT run track.

Track Mods (running SK rules with grandfathered Tour cars handicapped)
Limited Late Models (Late Models/Chargers merged over time tube chassis car with very mild motor.)
Blunderbusts

Then alternating one week on one week off
Legends or Figure Eights

Sundays would stay pretty much the same. I would try to build the Grand Enduros into a Strictly Stock class. With rules that would be enforced so severely it would make the Spanish Inquisition look like a mild review.
I would also start the same division but with 4 cylinder cars to lure the tuner set to the track.

I would also bring at least 2 "traveling circus" type acts to the track each month for the rubes. Motorcycle stunt show, guy who blows himself up, wrestling on the front stretch, maybe a touring racing division.

I think it would work.

BT " guy who blows himself up" wow!! I do agree to get new fans you need sometyhing different like a 4 cylinder division as those are the cars that the fans can identify these days.

How about IMSA Supers, NEMA, THe ROC, those are traveling shows I would come to see!

And as for TOP ROW CREW, nice you can junk 50 -60 cars and tell those teams to go get new cars! Are you going to sponsor all those teams so they can buy new equipment, I don't think so!

Wow I can't believe how far a tread that says 6 SK's are coming to Riverhead has wandered off the subject.

BOWATCHER
08-30-2008, 02:39 PM
happy birthday Jaws sorry I am late

btgoss
08-30-2008, 03:21 PM
But Jaws... the internet is all about going off topic...aside from porn and the websites of crazy people... Ron Paul 2008!

top row crew
08-30-2008, 03:27 PM
JAWS, I GUESS YOU CANT READ. I DONT BUY ANYONES EQUIPMENT, DONT CARE ABOUT THERE SPONSERS. ITS NOT NEXTEL CUP, NOBODY THAT GOES TO RIVERHEAD IS BEING INFLUENCED BY WHAT SPONSORS ARE ON CARS. LIKE THERE GONNA RUN OUT AND BUY OR USE SERVICES PAINTED ON THOSE CARS. AS ABOUT STAYING HOME, MIND YOUR BUSINESS. THERS PLENTY OF DIVISIONS LEFT TO SEE IF YOU GET RID OF TURBISH/MCGUIRE CHARGER DIVISION, THE MAYNOR FIGURE 8 DIVISION AND THE SLEEPY LATE MODELS.YOUR COMPREHEND NOW?:wave::wave::wave::wave:

Hollywood
08-30-2008, 03:29 PM
I say bring on the SK's

I might just jump back into this crazy sport! There are a lot out there for sale CHEAP. Do like the TVMRS and only buy 3 tires a week... It would be Very affordable and you would be able to travel.. Frankly I got tired of 1 lane racing and being afraid of going two wide... For reasons explained on other posts!

Golf Guy
08-30-2008, 03:36 PM
JAWS, I GUESS YOU CANT READ. I DONT BUY ANYONES EQUIPMENT, DONT CARE ABOUT THERE SPONSERS. ITS NOT NEXTEL CUP, NOBODY THAT GOES TO RIVERHEAD IS BEING INFLUENCED BY WHAT SPONSORS ARE ON CARS. LIKE THERE GONNA RUN OUT AND BUY OR USE SERVICES PAINTED ON THOSE CARS. AS ABOUT STAYING HOME, MIND YOUR BUSINESS. THERS PLENTY OF DIVISIONS LEFT TO SEE IF YOU GET RID OF TURBISH/MCGUIRE CHARGER DIVISION, THE MAYNOR FIGURE 8 DIVISION AND THE SLEEPY LATE MODELS.YOUR COMPREHEND NOW?:wave::wave::wave::wave:

With fans like you, who needs enemies?

top row crew
08-30-2008, 03:50 PM
THATS WHY ITS CALLED A FORUM.:cool::cool::cool::cool:

fisherman
08-30-2008, 03:56 PM

DAMM I RACED AT RIVERHEAD FOR 23YRS AND ALOT OF FANS WENT TO MY SPONCERS AND BUOGHT THERE MERCHANDISE. SO STAY IN BROOKLYN AND RUN TO THE DELI BACK TO YOU HIDEOUT:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lo l::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Mike Fields
08-30-2008, 03:57 PM
(I DONT BUY ANYONES EQUIPMENT, DONT CARE ABOUT THERE SPONSERS. ITS NOT NEXTEL CUP, NOBODY THAT GOES TO RIVERHEAD IS BEING INFLUENCED BY WHAT SPONSORS ARE ON CARS. LIKE THERE GONNA RUN OUT AND BUY OR USE SERVICES PAINTED ON THOSE CARS.)

I can't speak about anyone else. However, whenever I make a purchase, and have a choice about supporting a business that supports racing or one that doesn't, I ALWAYS support a sponsor's product or service.

Sponsors pay the racers' bills, and as a writer, or just as a life-long race fan, I give my loyalty to one of those companies. They spend their money for name recognition to put their name on a race car, so I spend my money on them.

broz
08-30-2008, 05:21 PM
Seems to me it's about time for the dreaded "Thread Closed"....

how much further "off topic" can we get at this point? Some here brought good points while others found a wonderful way of talking from thier posterior :lol:

LongIslandJam
08-30-2008, 10:13 PM
I think you may be right Broz. This thread has gone way beyond its original intent.

The bottom line is, any effort to grow the track's car count and crowd is appreciated.

However, the more divisions that are added, the more the track will need to juggle. It will also water down the fields. There will come a time where choices will need to be made. Hopefully everyone's concerns - fans and teams - are taken into consideration, but sometimes the best decision isn't always the least painful.