PDA

View Full Version : no awards banq

h.p.
08-27-2008, 04:10 PM
just read the eye where its been announced no awards banquet this year,if the north/south shootout,thompson swap meet are the reasons(same date) why not move the date seems riverheads banquet was early anyway move it to dec or jan think you would get a better turnout jmo

Tower Man
08-28-2008, 07:33 AM
Because it's always been on that date.

DriveitinDeep
08-28-2008, 12:55 PM
actually it wasn't. It use to be the week before Thanksgiving. It only started being on the first Saturday in Nov. some 5 years ago when it was switched back to the Polish Hall

h.p.
08-28-2008, 01:14 PM
thanks roger i remember a few of those banquets with you :wave:some one else called me and said they thought they were held on first sat in dec they remember big bob dressed up as santa but back to the point if another track opens and races on sat nites does that mean riverhead just stops? i dont think so ..............sometimes change is good jmo again

Rubbin&Racin
08-28-2008, 02:53 PM
:disgustedWell I am not even there and I am over 900 miles away and I still think it's SAD there will be No Awards Dinner for this year, what a shame. Who Cares what other tracks do, who cares if the Chicken tasted like rubber.This is our track, this is where we have raced for years and we have become a family so now the dinner is no longer. Why??? Because other tracks have done this, the gas prices, the loud people...what??? We went a few times and we weren't even in the top 10 but we went to see our friends and racing family and to have a nice night out and to wish everyone a well winter and be safe.We went to Congratulate the Drivers and Crews that worked so hard all year and placed the top 10. I always looked forward to seeing my Racing Family on opening night and found it sad to say goodbye when the season ended in Sept. but at least you had a chance to see all and have a good time before winter set in. Polish Hall or a huge Banquet Hall it doesn't matter as long as we were together and having a nice night out with our Racing Family, and now you say Trophies for Rookie & Best Appearing Cars will be handed out in 09 at the first drivers meeting...how sad is that, wait until 09 to get an award you deserved in 2008. Well this is the Tracks decision but I think a wrong one but that is just my opinion. Our last night at the track when we said goodbye to our Racing Family was the hardest night for me, I cried walking out of the gate, you just never realize how many people you loved or touched your life until it's time to say Goodbye. It's almost 3 years and I still miss all of ya's and hope to see the Car Count back up where it use to be and the heat races and fighting for that spot...we had fun. So I ask whats next, Car Count is down in all the divisions, and now they take away the Awards Dinner...makes one wonder what will be next. Love to all and again this is just my thoughts. Hope you all Par...Tay the last night of Racing in the Pits...have Fun and Be Safe!!!
Jo-:wave:
LM #84

hollywoodmic
08-28-2008, 06:53 PM
That's funny I remember about 4 or 5 pages worth of posts on how bad it was last year and how it sucked and the place sucked. Now they won't have it?? I'm shocked. Sometimes you bi*ch enough and you get what you wish for. I'm shocked this comes as a suprise to most. I think over the last few years they even had Champions not show up, I could be wrong though. Race teams bring in their own beer and upset the proprioters of the Polish Hall. Who deals with that?? We had a post on the way people dressed, how some just looked terrible and seemed to just not be into it. Now we are suprised that their wont be one. At the end of the day I do think it's a shame and I am mainly being sarcastic in my post but, what did you think would happen??

Richie
08-28-2008, 07:15 PM
This is not the first time RR didn't have a Awards Dinner.

Turbo
08-28-2008, 07:33 PM
change the date,find a new place where you can make it a dinner DANCE (one with a dj who plays music?!?!)
dancin and having a good time like we use to...

Lugnuts
08-28-2008, 08:17 PM
Most local volunteer firehouses rent there halls (there are quite a few that are pretty nice) for a reasonable fee. You can hire a caterer of your liking, some firehouses serve the beer, liquor etc. and some let you do it yourself. As for a DJ. hire one of your liking.

I'm a volunteer myself and have attended many affair at firehouses and if done right you can have a fun filled evening with good food and a good time for a very reasonable rate.

As Jo Lockberg said, Sad, whats next.

art11758
08-29-2008, 08:24 AM
That's funny I remember about 4 or 5 pages worth of posts on how bad it was last year and how it sucked and the place sucked. Now they won't have it?? I'm shocked. Sometimes you bi*ch enough and you get what you wish for. I'm shocked this comes as a suprise to most. I think over the last few years they even had Champions not show up, I could be wrong though. Race teams bring in their own beer and upset the proprioters of the Polish Hall. Who deals with that?? We had a post on the way people dressed, how some just looked terrible and seemed to just not be into it. Now we are suprised that their wont be one. At the end of the day I do think it's a shame and I am mainly being sarcastic in my post but, what did you think would happen??

Bingo! Someone finally admitted they saw the elephant in the room. Another situation where apathy,arrogance,narcicissm,and general lack of decorum has ruled the day. Pretty sad.:(

And just in case you might think I'm being a bit of a ~~~~~~~, at a SAFER function I attended in 1978, my date wore jeans. Actually closer to a denim pants suit. Whatever. I got taken aside and told that it was not acceptable. If it wasn't for the fact that I got there late IIRC, I was told they would have sent me home.

Tower Man
08-29-2008, 09:24 AM
Good or bad, I know we all posted after last year's banquet and as Hollywood said, most of the post were negative.

But I think we are missing the point here. Honoring champions on track, IMO, is a joke!

The track already does that, the only difference is the champions will get their trophy.

As to event attire, well, that was up to the track to inform all attendees about attire. And some teams needed to take a little pride in what they looked like.

hollywoodmic
08-29-2008, 09:33 AM
C'mon Tower you wanted to organize a club for the Blunder Bust cars and do all sorts of things for the class, it resulted in such negativity from people that you what??? You just decided not to do it, even though you thought it would be a good thing.
For years people just complain, complain and complain so after a while The Cromarty's probably just said enough already. Just like you did with the BB club. Sometimes the things we think will be great, enough people try to tear it down and then it finally comes down.

leah28racing
08-29-2008, 10:02 AM
yes everyone complains . even i do sometimes.
But i know how they feel, hearing everyone complain no money no money.no point fund suckedlast year etc..... but then when you try to make things better by trying to raise money and make everyone feel that they ARE inportant and they DO mean something. and they don't show up or participate you'd get dissappointed too.

I mean i emailed and had other people email RR about changing date place and having a dj like we used too. i guess they didn't get enough people to share their input.
I know that was part of the reason why people didn't go. If it was any other person besides Finan giving the awards out .I t would be so boring more people would not have gone. No dj no Bob Finan does not equal a fun banquet.

As for champions not showing up. Maybe it would of been an idea to make sure t o have a date where at least all champions can make the dinner and NOT have another race to go to...

*rAcIn CuTiE*
08-29-2008, 11:17 AM
i wonder if they will honor the top 10 as well on these nights or does that get done at the january meeting as well??

JBonsignore
08-29-2008, 04:36 PM
more importantly when will the top 10 be honored with there CHECKS, or does that disappear along with the banquet?

leah28racing
08-30-2008, 08:46 AM
justin, read mypost.
we are offenany division to present heir trophies at our banquet

racekitten
08-30-2008, 08:56 AM
Leah- Justin wanted to know when the checks from the track point fund will be given out. Will they mail them? Or will that have to wait till the January meeting?

The Bullfather
08-30-2008, 09:57 AM
Where's my money-family guy style.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AJ0SkbPxAk

Tower Man
08-30-2008, 10:11 AM
Checks? From my understanding there weren't going to be any checks this season from the track. The NASCAR point fund check is mailed later in the year.

jeffrey
08-31-2008, 08:47 PM
Checks? From my understanding there weren't going to be any checks this season from the track. The NASCAR point fund check is mailed later in the year.

well like i said before that you guys dont run for free.and all i was told and bashed for that if it came down to it we would.and that for most of us its just a hobby.where not here to make money.now you are all asking about checks and money.what happen to it was just a hobby for most of us.so if you guys dont think that anyone from Riverhead dont read the post your fooling your self.so sometimes you got to watch on what you say.and good luck on getting your checks.no one runs for free.you all want alittle something for your affords this year

catfish
08-31-2008, 10:24 PM
WHAT????????????????????????????:confused:

chevycraft
08-31-2008, 10:29 PM
Ask Dave Brigatti to do it , he ran some banquet for our gokart club . Top notch all the way ,what else would you expect from him!!!:cheers::cheers:

RGeeProductions
08-31-2008, 10:41 PM
what????????????????????????????:confused:

Lol, Was thinking the same thing!!!!

wayne
08-31-2008, 11:17 PM
Lol, Was thinking the same thing!!!! Like pulling teeth with vise grips !!

W. J.
09-01-2008, 07:38 AM
Like pulling teeth with vise grips !!...and WITHOUT novacaine!!! :confused:

vsmidge68
09-01-2008, 08:19 AM
I know we missed a few years not being around the track, but what DID happen to the banquet? I remember suits and ties, gowns and dresses, limos and nice hotels. I remember music, partying and dancing all night. When I complained about last years banquet, it was because it wasn't what I was used to and we were extremely disappointed. To me it's just a sign of what has happened to RR and that is what makes it sad. PS to Jeffrey...what the hell are you talking about?