PDA

View Full Version : 30 lap time trial question

Rock Bottom
08-28-2008, 07:32 PM
Do you have to do the time trial to race , I am working Sat am and won't be able to get there till late in the afternoon,will I be able to just start in the back ?

Tracy87BB
08-28-2008, 11:32 PM
I will look into this over the weekend and see if I can get a definite answer for you.

Normally, that would depend on car counts. If there are more than enough cars to fill the field, you would have to take time.

Time trials that day will probably begin around 4:30 p.m., but you will undoubtedly have to go through tech prior to the time trials. In most cases, tech starts about half an hour before the cars are scheduled to take time.

I will let you know.

W. J.
08-28-2008, 11:36 PM
If there are MORE than enough to fill the field, wouldn't there be a consi?

Tracy87BB
08-28-2008, 11:40 PM
Yes, if there are more than enough cars then you would expect there will be a consi, but I don't think that you are necessarily guaranteed to even be able to run a consi if you have not gone through tech and at least attempted to take time.

As I said, I will look into it. I want to be sure that I don't give any misinformation about what will or will not be allowed.

Tower Man
08-29-2008, 07:19 AM
I'm going to be a bit sarcastic here, but I recall a modified in 2006 or 2007 who showed up late and they reset the timing light, after it was put away, and let that team time.

However, if the field is short he or she can start last.If there is a consi, he or she can start last in the consi, providing the "Official in charge" allows him or her to go through tech.

Rock Bottom
08-29-2008, 05:18 PM
Well thanx and hopefully I can get an answer before I take a ride out I would expect nothing less than to start last but would still like to start

Tower Man
08-30-2008, 10:16 AM
This may sound like a stupid statement, but did you try calling the track and have Mike or Jim call you back?

631-842 RACE