PDA

View Full Version : Picks for Sunday

Geno
08-28-2008, 10:53 PM
Okay- who's your pick to win the 75-lapper on Sunday?

The next 75-lap PA Modified Championship Series modified spectacular at Mountain Speedway is slated for Sunday, August 31. The Labor Day weekend showdown is gaining momentum, even though it’s weeks away (well, this Sunday).

Three different drivers took the stage in four races this season. Northampton’s Matt Hirschman, who has been on a recent hot streak in the RoC and NASCAR Whelen Modified Series, leads the pack with two wins. Rusty Smith of Oxford, NY has one win and leads the series’ points standings by eighteen points over Hirschman. Palmerton’s Earl Paules has one victory as well, which came after round number four of the seven race series.

Along with “the invaders”, the speedway’s regular drivers are also in the thick of the series. Andy Walko of Flemington, NJ is third in the standings, followed by three-time Mountain modified champion Brian DeFebo of Berwick, PA. With his lone win in the series, Paules sits fifth, followed by Johnny Bush, Todd Baer, Billy Pauch, Jr. and 17-year-old Kyle Ebersole.

Aside from the drivers chasing wins, many are chasing the series championship and the $1000 payout that goes along with the crown. Along with the crown is a trip to Daytona, FL during Speedweeks ’09, which is courtesy of Sundance Vacations of Wilkes-Barre, PA.

In conjunction with the tour type modifieds will be the street stocks, thrillers and 4 cylinder FWD divisions.

33Munky34
08-29-2008, 09:08 AM
gonna have to go with Hirshy

bigell14
08-29-2008, 09:14 AM
My pick is...

Street Stocks Rock!!!

Bring on the full fenders!!!!

... My real pick is who ever is running fourth on the last lap!

I want to see a crazy finish! :applause: :applause:

:-B <-- put him in a modified with the Chippster and that would be a good finish!

KyleMac45
08-29-2008, 10:43 AM
Matt Hirschman--

Kyle

PS- LOL BIGELLL:lol:

jm31
08-29-2008, 11:36 AM
Never a dull moment when Big Ell is here! :cheers:
My pick is Rusty.
Maybe this week we can run first so I can actually watch the whole race (hint, hint ;))

limodmaniac
08-29-2008, 03:38 PM
Picking Hirschman.. What time should the feature be starting?