PDA

View Full Version : no more lia in the 71 truck

h.p.
08-30-2008, 10:56 AM
just read on multiple sites that donny lia and the 71 truck team have split up.good luck in whatever you decide to pursue donny

W. J.
08-30-2008, 11:37 AM
Sad for a guy with such talent, but it probably has more to do with sponsor money, just like last time. He has the talent to land another ride, and he will end up somewhere, you can bet on that.

btgoss
08-30-2008, 12:51 PM
I just hope he knows when to say when. Typically the rides will only get worse, unless he gets very lucky, and bad rides lead to more bad rides.
The scary thing is he is "too old" to be a young gun, it's not really fair, but that looks like the way it is.
I mean Scott Wimmer can't get a ride, and he has experience. It's the way our sport works now.

Mortgage Guy
09-06-2008, 09:30 PM
Donny will land on his feet. It had NOTHING to do with money as a matter of fact the sponsor was his not TRG's. He will find something better. Remember one thing, the list of winners in the Truck series is not that long and he is on that list. He was 16th in points despite not being allowed to compete at Daytona. I am sure there are plenty of teams looking at him for the rest of the year, 2009 and beyond. They drop your 2 worst finishes for rookie of the year, now he has 2 DNS, so he will have to be flawless for the rest of the season (if he gets a ride) and go get that title. Good luck

Mike Fields
09-06-2008, 10:21 PM
Also, despite missing the Daytona race, he was only about 16 or 17 points back in 2nd spot for Rookie Of The Year.

Scotty Wolf
09-07-2008, 08:56 AM
Thanks for the info Mortgage Guy, yes, imagine if Donnie was allowed to run the Daytona race, wow. Yes, Donnie is awesome, he will be back in a top truck soon, go Donnie go.

mccoystax
09-07-2008, 08:05 PM
It was just reported on the Speed Report that Donny will probably wind up with Bill Davis Racing, taking his sponsor with him. Hope this is true. Go Donny!!!:applause:

Mortgage Guy
09-07-2008, 09:49 PM
I think that would be the best fit for him with Tommy Baldwin being there, I just don't think thats the case. With all that has gone on in the last week with the 16 truck moving to BDR next year that will give them 4 teams. Where does he fit in?? I hope something else better will happen and it will be good for everyone involved.

Mortgage Guy
09-09-2008, 06:50 PM
FROM JAYSKI....Lia to RMS at Loudon? UPDATE: Double duty for Lia: [Revised entry list shows Donny Lia in the #81 for Randy Moss Motorsports.] And from the Boston Herald: Former NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour champion Donny Lia will drive for Randy Moss Motorsports in the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series race this Saturday at New Hampshire Motor Speedway, the Herald has learned.(Boston Herald)(9-9-2008)

UPDATE: The 2007 Whelen Modified Tour champion will be returning to the New Hampshire Motor Speedway this weekend for some double duty action. Donny Lia, a contender for Rookie of the Year this season on the Craftsman Truck Series will compete in both the Truck Series Camping World RV Rentals 200 and the Whelen Modified Tour 100 Saturday at New Hampshire Motor Speedway. Lia began the Truck Series season with TRG Motorsports but recently lost his ride (HE QUIT) with the team and missed the most recent event. He will drive for the recently formed Randy Moss Motorsports team Saturday at New Hampshire. But before getting into the Truck at New Hampshire his Saturday will start with a return to his roots in the Whelen Modified Tour. Lia will drive for the Connecticut based H&H Motorsports team at New Hampshire in a car carrying sponsorship from Troyer Racecars and Joe Gibbs Driven Racing Oil.(Hartford Courant)(9-9-2008)

Turbo
09-11-2008, 10:54 AM
this is pretty cool, cant wait to see what he can do with the 81!!!!

W. J.
09-11-2008, 12:17 PM
Why, do you think it will be a lucky number? Hmm, his Modified is the 18, you may be onto something here, lol!