PDA

View Full Version : return of the turkey derby?

h.p.
08-31-2008, 11:05 AM
just got a phone call letting me know that the turkey derby is back on! sk's will run by north/south rules. will give more info as i recieve it:applause:

Wheel Racing
08-31-2008, 04:30 PM
Just read some releases about the same thing. Let's hope they can put this together. I've always loved that race.

KyleMac45
09-01-2008, 10:59 AM
TURKEY DERBY 2008! I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy! I am a Jersey boy and I have been goin there the past 5 years (as my dad was the Asst. Flagger)... This really did make my weekend! :applause::applause::lol::lol::cheers::cheers::coo l::cool:

TMAC
09-02-2008, 12:20 PM
How great is that!Please pass word out about this..The tradition continues!!!.To all who have never been there,its a great track[3/8 high banking]If you want to see modifieds go fast this is a track for you!!

So kyle i guess your happy[couldn't tell really ha!]

art11758
09-03-2008, 09:38 AM
It is a good thing in many ways. I also have enjoyed the fall tradition of the Turkey Derby. I have questions that I guess will be answered in time as more information becomes available. Stay tuned as they used to say.....

tstiles
09-03-2008, 10:15 AM
i am also pretty happy too about this. and i have naver turned a lap at that place. my first trip to wall was last year . i fell in love with the track the second i seen it. its gotta be one of the nicest short tracks out their . that place should be bought by someone who wants to keep it as a track. and not an appartment complex. 3 cheers for jim morten though.

btgoss
09-05-2008, 05:13 PM
The one thing about Wall that I always thought odd, and I really love that track, is the track's actual wall.

It is perpendicular to the ground (or horizon) and not to the actual track, so you will see guys just drive up that wall, especially going down the back stretch into turn 3, which is where you exit for the pits.

It is just wild.

And I can't believe they didn't fix it when they finally removed the wooden walls.

I guess it adds character to the track.

Not a complaint, just a comment. An observation if you will.

Tooner
09-10-2008, 01:21 AM
Thanks for all the positive responses so far. Yes, there will be a Turkey Derby 35, November 28th and 29th. I will try to post any new info here or check Wall's website in the coming weeks for additional information, Ticket info, entry forms, etc.

Divisions:
Tour Type Mods
SK/Wall Mods (Both running North South Shootout rules, plus what NJ requires)
Crate/M.A.D./Sportsman Mods
Street Stocks
Factory Stocks
Legend Cars
TQ's and Trucks expected to compete.

Mike C.
Wall Township Speedway webmaster
http://www.wallspeedway.com

nitros77
09-10-2008, 08:32 AM
I hear the x-3 is gonna make an appearance at the turkey derby

nobandwagonhere
09-10-2008, 11:02 PM
Humor me here for a minute....Ive never run the T.D. before, (Ive gone...but never ran) but my car has years back (factory stocks). Im pretty sure its open comp., but do they go strictly by their usual Factory Stock rules? Or do they have seperate TD rules....or do they give any leeway. Im really thinking about going, but I dont want to put all my eggs in one basket only to find out at the last minute my car isnt legal for there.
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks.
-Donny

RGeeProductions
09-10-2008, 11:18 PM
Check out the last post in this thread Donny,... (http://www.racerhub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16012)

nobandwagonhere
09-11-2008, 07:02 AM
Thanks!:wave:

WEEZER
09-11-2008, 09:51 AM
Hey Donny, My self and K-MAC (the 24 grand) both want to go but from what I'm learning is that you need your own transponder (very expensive), a hans device and racing underwear, none of which I have or could afford before 11/28 along with NJ'S strict safety checks on belts etc (all of which is good). I could care less how competitve my car is, I'd just want to say I raced at wall once but between all the other expenses and getting those things it might be to much, hopefully soon wall will put up what's
needed.

Tracy87BB
09-11-2008, 10:32 AM
Hey guys, check this out...
http://www.racerhub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16140
Might be worth a trip or, at the very least, a phone call.

Tooner
09-11-2008, 12:34 PM
The Factory Stock Meeting for TD XXXV has been changed to Monday, Sept 22nd at 7PM, held at Woody's Roadside Tavern(Restaurant) http://www.woodysroadside.com/ in Farmingdale N.J. Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Mike C.
www.wallspeedway.com

richardpetey
09-11-2008, 10:04 PM
I'm gonna try and go the Wall TD F/S meeting monday, Sept. 22nd.....................:rolleyes:
I know what you guys run in the Grands at RH and what the Thrillers run at mountain, so I'll try to get the peeps organizing the rules for the TD to accept both divisions with minimum or no changes..............:p
The only thing that is up in the air is the NJ safety rules and how will they be enforced in the lower divisions.......................:confused:
UNCLE PETEY.............................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: