PDA

View Full Version : It,s the little things

LM13
08-31-2008, 11:07 PM
One little, cheap thing Mt. could do to make the track look 75% better would be to paint something nice on the sign behind the lap counter! Even if they have someone paint Mt. Speedway on it, it would look better then what is there now. How many times have you looked that way during a race? That whole sign looks like it,s in disrepair. Most people after looking at that sign all day are going to walk away wondering what else is in disrepair. Paint the sign---It's all about the little things.

realist
09-01-2008, 07:59 AM
how about a couple less caution laps for a simple spin. how about a real flagger or at least a helper for him. there seems to be no urgency to get the race restarted after a caution. people get bored watching cars go around under caution for no reason.

bigell14
09-01-2008, 09:13 AM
Realist...

I guess you've never been to the famous WALL SPEEDWAY!!!

Cautions out at WALL, time to go to the bathroom, and get a snack...

...and they threw the caution for something on the track!

If there was a wreck, OH CRAP!!!

they would just send us home because they would be past there curvfew.

Mountain does a great job!

BlingxBling
09-01-2008, 09:22 AM
I have to say Chris does a great job, and if the racers would actually resume back to racing on a "simple spin" it would eliminate the caution flags!

As far as Elliot...evidently you either didn't talk to JA, or simply don't care. While this site has many adults, it is a website that is open to anyone, including children. Perhaps I would direct you to expanding your vocabulary to avoid instances that require you to use vulgar words while posting on this site. :disgusted:disgusted

Grandstand
09-01-2008, 09:27 AM
how about a couple less caution laps for a simple spin. how about a real flagger or at least a helper for him. there seems to be no urgency to get the race restarted after a caution. people get bored watching cars go around under caution for no reason.

Unfortunately there are several times when the drivers are told on the scanner to get in single file so that the tower can get them lined up correctly and for some reason, there are a few who either don't know what single file is or just don't listen. That is the reason, alot of the time, for an extended caution period for a simple spin.

realist
09-01-2008, 04:09 PM
elliot, i've said the same thing about wally world for years, but nobody cared. maybe i'm just getting grumpy and impatient in my old age. not bashing here, trying to help.

W. J.
09-01-2008, 05:59 PM
Unfortunately there are several times when the drivers are told on the scanner to get in single file so that the tower can get them lined up correctly and for some reason, there are a few who either don't know what single file is or just don't listen. That is the reason, alot of the time, for an extended caution period for a simple spin.Maybe they need to adopt the policy I've seen used at D.I.R.T. races: they give you one lap to get where you belong, or you go to the back. Enforcement of that policy gets a lot of people in line quickly and moves the show along in a timely manner!

LM13
09-01-2008, 10:56 PM
What does spinning on the track have to do with painting the sign behind the lap counter? Am I missing something?

RGeeProductions
09-01-2008, 11:13 PM
I guess it's because of your title to this thread,
So they added their "little things"....