PDA

View Full Version : Back To School Night at Lee Friday

RGeeProductions
09-01-2008, 10:21 AM
“Any young race fan afforded the opportunity to ride in a stock car will always remember the moment,” said speedway announcer John Spence. “I know I have, some 47 years later, it’s a sound, a feeling, an image I’ll never forget.” Reflecting on his journey around a race track he would later become affiliated with Spence added, “It was Bob Dube, a racer out of Haverhill , MA , a Hudson Speedway Class B regular, he probably never knew, but he gave me a life long remembrance, so clear, it was like it was yesterday.”

Kids will have the chance to experience the same Friday night, September 5th, when Lee USA Speedway hosts its annual “Back to School Special” with kiddie rides in race cars at the Route 125 oval. The annual event has become a popular attraction. Parents are encouraged to arrive early as rides are generally conducted prior to the start of the race program. The annual event has become a popular attraction.

The NASCAR sanctioned Whelen All-American Series race program will feature Late Models, Late Model Sportsman, Hobby Stocks, Roadrunners, Small-Block Supermodifieds, and Ironman Divisions. Race time is 7:15 PM.

Track management has announced an addition to its schedule on Sunday September 28th.

Labeled, a “Prelude to Octoberfest” the track will conduct an afternoon of racing featuring a big 8-in-1 show with the Small-Block Supermodifieds, Late Model Sportsman, Hobby Stocks, Roadrunners, Trucks, Mini Cup, Ironman, and Spectator Drags, all for $10.00 for Adults.

Lee USA Speedway