PDA

View Full Version : NOTE to self..

Bobby Pease
09-01-2008, 10:48 AM
No more meetings about regard for others on the track! Since I was taken out in about the 9th lap, I got a chance to watch the race from the infield. I have come to the conclusion, that some people just dont like to get passed! HELLO, this is a race, and you WILL get passed if the other car or cars are faster, and handle better than yours! This does not mean body check a car when you get passed, or dump someone if they are cornering better than you.. This means WORK on you car, and pass the person who passed you, the next race! Im only saying this because, I witnessed this from the infield.. ( a place that stinks to be during a race, but it happens ).. Hey, rubbing, bumping, scraping and pushing, Is part of the game.. DUMPING is not...(or trying to dump). Funny, people will always say it was "the guy behind me"..LOL..old stuff there. I want to give credit to the 37 car approaching me after the race and apologizing for the dump.. Cyaz all soon.... again, congrats Don!
Bobby Pease

wayne
09-01-2008, 03:35 PM
NOTE TO SELF, Sell my Pro Truck and build a Grand car. That was the most fun I have had in a racecar in a while. MOSTLY good clean racing, Better then the last bunch of truck races!! Some of the sat night drivers could use some respect and driving lessons from you grand guy's.Sorry for the few good guy's on the infield.
Retus,Pease,petey,brown.
P.S And for the guy's that don't think They can afford it... The tires I had on the car had 250 laps on them, Before the race. 5 races,1 set. Not bad for some good , clean racing.

WEEZER
09-01-2008, 07:36 PM
Hey bobby, I think some of the guys who don't like to be passed also were'nt at the mandatory meeting sunday so they did'nt get the message. Unfortunately like everything else, there is alway a few rotten apples in every core, but I don't think we'll let them spoil our core, thanks for stepping up and being the voice of the grands.
Welcome to the grands wayne, just don't build a faster car then mrs. meyer or there could be some family disputes!!

Anthony #19

nobandwagonhere
09-01-2008, 11:06 PM
I feel your pain Bobby, I felt the same way 2 races ago. It just didnt feel like it normally does out there. But after a few opposite opinions, I thought maybe it was just me. Rob Bader and Anthony Forester both hit the nail on the head though...we cant let a few bad apples ruin the bunch. The bigger the car count gets, the more carnage we will have until the bad seeds are weeded out. Not the way I want to see it, but it seems to be going that way.
Thanks for standing up and taking the podium and going one step further to tighten this division. We are based, built, and prided on RESPECT and I hope truly that it continues that way. I wish I couldve done a little racing with you this race...Im sure we'll trade a little the next one!:wave::cheers:

Hey Wayne.....you drove your butt off brother....that car looked real good out there. Stick around, it only gets better.

wayne
09-02-2008, 09:09 PM
Weezer, I'm not building one thats faster than her's...I'm taking her's!! lol Yeah right!!

cerckl'm racing
09-03-2008, 12:22 AM
That first 8 cyl. Enduro was pretty rough - just like the good ol' days! 54 cars start and only 15 finish...

Jaws
09-03-2008, 12:35 PM
The good old days go back farther than that.

I was in several that started 110 cars (4 of those in 1 night) and only 15-20 cars finished! To finish one of those was an accomplishment in itself.

vsmidge68
09-03-2008, 03:24 PM
Alright now Wayne....as if you don't bicker enough!!....lol:wave:

cerckl'm racing
09-03-2008, 05:00 PM
Those were the ones I had in mind jaws...I was in a couple of those myself.

art11758
09-04-2008, 08:50 AM
Those were the ones I had in mind jaws...I was in a couple of those myself.

Me too. Twice a year, 200 laps, 100 plus cars to start. Survival at its best for the first 75 laps, wait for the track to dry, and try and let it hang out til the end. Finished in the money twice. Still think if there is anymore fun to be had, god is keeping the activity to himself!

The Bullfather
09-04-2008, 08:54 AM
Hey Bobby is there like a hundred post-its on your dashboard? "Note to self" lol Good race up front, I didn't see you get knocked out.

cerckl'm racing
09-04-2008, 12:10 PM
I THOUGHT those original ones were 200 laps!

Four 100+ car 8 cyl. Enduros times 20+ years and I can't figure out how there are STILL Monte Carlos out there!!!

art11758
09-04-2008, 02:24 PM
Those days (84-85 IIRC) was Memorial day and Labor day weekends. The first time out was all sorts of cars. The car I was scoring was a mid seventies Town Car. John Betts showed up with a "ringer" (71 chevelle SBC 4 speed) that didn't get very far. I'm pretty sure a Verwys was the winner. The advent of the Monte Carlo came about a year later when it was discovered that the distance between the radiator and the engine fan was large enough to sustain some pretty heavy damage and still you could continue. My first enduro entry cooked the engine after like 10 laps. My second "lost" a duel with Keith Baker. My third was a killer. Tough on parts though. Motor mounts and tranny mounts were "dealer only" parts and broke constantly. By then it was 4 times a year with the addition of Fathers day and I think July fourth.
My final ride was a 77 Impala that was pretty successful. Kids came, a house got bought, and almost all racing stopped. Still it was a pretty good run. Good times indeed.

Jaws
09-04-2008, 04:19 PM
I am not sure what my first ride was but I ended up on the roof of a Camaro, pulled it off and finished abot 70 laps before I got a flat, used the car I think at least one more.

Second car I ran about 4 times and finished in the money once , I think 4th felt like I just ran the Daytona 500! Man was I tired.

(By the way both cars by H& H racing, many thanks to the Hubbards!)

Those were the days, getting hit in the rear by the leaders before i could even move!!!

cerckl'm racing
09-04-2008, 04:40 PM
The car in my avatar was my first real attempt, a bone-stock oil-burning 76 Impala - I fixed the frozen caliper and went racing. Got me a second place finish in a 100-lapper my first time out after using my last twenty dollars to put gas in my truck to flat tow it out there, and I wound up becoming great friends with the guy who beat me that day. The NEXT time, when my new friend started asking about things I DIDN'T do (like move the battery!) I told him to stop before he jinxed me. Wellllllll.....lucky for me I had HIM to put my car back in drive after my linkage got knocked off, and yes, that was one of the things he rattled off to me before the race that I didn't do. I'm still tryin' to get back out there...

Bobby Pease
09-04-2008, 10:43 PM
Pete.. I was actually knocked out so early, cars were still in starting positions! Nice train rolling along, then SLAM! oh well... next time bro!

The Bullfather
09-04-2008, 11:07 PM
I did get part of it! I'm uploading Bench Racing for Sundays racing on friday which is real soon!!!

WEEZER
09-06-2008, 10:28 AM
Thanks for the video Pete, awesome job. How Don O. won the race after hitting petey is beyond me, the car was airbourne, wow! Don't fix anything Don!!!
What car was DQd last sunday, the 01 or 17, Eddie M. is'nt listed in the results??

The Bullfather
09-06-2008, 11:01 AM
17 thats the car Eddie was in

nobandwagonhere
09-06-2008, 01:20 PM
Yeah...you know...the car that was destined to "pass me in traffic"...lol. He did though Ill give you that. I think I was "Monster Trucking" when he did..lol. Awesome video though...but man can the kid get SOME credit? I passed Eddie in traffic twice! So I guess you and Jim Laird are tied. We taking bets for the next race?..lol:help:
Teasing...you know that.....great job with that video. :Love the website.:wave:

The Bullfather
09-06-2008, 02:15 PM
Donny I hammered you in the video it's ok, I can take it! Next time take it easy in the wife's car. lol How sore were you the next day? That was a mean hit! I'm glad you won, congrats, it would have been bitter if Eddie would have won and then get DQed. Both of you worked hard through traffic, nice move with the lapped car to get the lead and keep it! You pulled away the last few laps on the open straights.

vsmidge68
09-06-2008, 06:55 PM
Ok so now here I am playing the Mommy...( Frank calls it "powdering his a**")...My Donald has worked hard learning to drive with the more experienced drivers and you can't get anyone with more experience than Eddie....He drove with style and used his head. I think you underestimated his abilities, but I have the feeling you won't be doing that again...by the way, nice video, but what happened to you doing the interviews at the track? That was a nice little setup you had there.....:wave:

WEEZER
09-06-2008, 08:37 PM
And what place did the helicopter come in?

The Bullfather
09-06-2008, 09:42 PM
last lol, he flew over a few times, guess someone's parole officer was looking for them lol:lol: Guess he didn't find them there either, he didn't land:lol:

Never dissed Donny's driving! Eddie's got 20+ years over him lol Donny drove one heck of a race and wasn't rattled by the Petey incident. Few reasons I don't do after race interviews, mostly time, by time people roll into the pits it's late, the last month of the season is the lastest we get out because of the added additions of demos and other attractions. Thanks for the kind words :)