PDA

View Full Version : SK Mods... How did it go?

Jaws
08-31-2008, 08:47 PM
But I was wondering how the practice for the SK's actually went last night?

How many cars, what kind of times did they turn?

jeffrey
08-31-2008, 09:02 PM
the SK looked pretty good.they weren't much slower then the mods.they had 6 or 7 of them.i think it will be good division next year if they run Riverhead.and its the chargers they think they will do away with next year for the SK.because for what i was told is that the charger motor is like the SK motor and they feel that the charger guys can put that motor in an SK.but that is just hear say dont now if that is true but thats the talk.and that they want to try and get the true value guys hear for a race or two next year.so thats another reason on why they are thinking SK.but again all hear say.just passing on what i have heard at the track.

KyleMac45
09-01-2008, 11:01 AM
How did the SK Modified test go?

Kyle

RGeeProductions
09-01-2008, 11:04 AM
How did the SK Modified test go?

Kyle

See here (http://www.racerhub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15994)...

fred card
09-01-2008, 11:06 AM
good job but if they are going to be run a chev 350 hp crate motor is fhe way to go better racing less dollars

KyleMac45
09-01-2008, 11:53 AM
Thank you RGEE...

Kyle

Jaws
09-01-2008, 02:52 PM
By replacing the Chargers with the SK's means they are also hoping the Late Models will get a couple of teams from the Charger division as they are hurting for cars more then the Chargers are. That could help them too.

I hope they are looking to pay a larger purse than the Chargers get now as that purse for an SK class will continue to draw 6-7 cars.

Also what would running SK's mean as far as getting the Tru Value tour, those are tour type mods.

All in all I do like the changes they are thinking of.

So week 1 could be like this Mod, LI Mods(I like that name), Late Models, Trucks Blunderbusts and Figure 8's plus maybe the Legends, I like it!

Tour nights could be The Tour (WMT or True Value) LI Mods, Blunderbusts and maybe Trucks or Legends, I Like that too. Some of the Tour guys (Like TC, Jimmy Blewett and other CT. based teams.) have acess to both cars so you would have a nice little night of racing.

Also remembert there are 24-30 SK type mods that are sitting in NJ since Wall closed and Riverhead is no further than Mountain where they are racing now.

W. J.
09-01-2008, 02:56 PM
There were 6 SK-type mods there, all of them LI based drivers, and no one said anything officially about them replacing any division, but did mention possibly adding them for up to 10 shows, depending on car counts.

bulldozer
09-01-2008, 07:06 PM
Jaws your out of your mind we are averaging 16 cars a night.We had 18 this past week.I really dont think chargers are going anywhere.We have certainly been putting on a way BETTER show then the wreck fest mod squad.Maybe we should have 9 mod and 9 sk shows maybe then everyone can save money and the fans wont know the difference in cars.Hell the sk cars might put on a better show.Seems to me the mod race last over a hour evernight, BORING as the cowboys would say.Im not putting down the modifieds just stating the facts.Im just tired of hearing the few that say we should drop the late models or chargers.

bulldozer
09-01-2008, 07:28 PM
Kevin Orlando looked like the class of the field out there.

Jaws
09-01-2008, 10:11 PM
Jaws your out of your mind we are averaging 16 cars a night.We had 18 this past week.I really dont think chargers are going anywhere.We have certainly been putting on a way BETTER show then the wreck fest mod squad.Maybe we should have 9 mod and 9 sk shows maybe then everyone can save money and the fans wont know the difference in cars.Hell the sk cars might put on a better show.Seems to me the mod race last over a hour evernight, BORING as the cowboys would say.Im not putting down the modifieds just stating the facts.Im just tired of hearing the few that say we should drop the late models or chargers.

Thats, for confirming what most have thought for years. :)

And don't get your undies in a bunch, when was the last time the track dropped a class?

Chris, did I ever say I wanted the Chargers to go away, no.

Heck I will admit that some of the best races at Riverhead over the years may have been Charger races, I spent many a night at the track helping friends with Charger cars, but...

There are a lot of mod fans that read these boards (I am one of them) and I would love 2 mod classes.

And yes I know you had 18 cars this week, but there were only a handfull of races this year that you had that many cars at the track.

When all is said and done 2009 will look just like 2008 with a few extra SK races thrown in for laughs.

btgoss
09-02-2008, 01:32 PM
I wish the track would drop a few divisions, but the reality is they are just going to add another division.

Riverhead is a back gate track. So the more cars/people through the back gate, the more profit. So if they stick to form, we will see another division added. Start time will be around Noon, with the first feature hitting the track around 3pm maybe 4pm. And the track takes another step towards being a "club track."

Aside from that, I thought the SK's did great. My wife came with me to the track for the first time in years, and she didn't know there was a difference between the two types of cars. So I take that to mean the average fan wouldn't know the difference either.

And the Orlando car looked very good.

intense1
09-02-2008, 07:29 PM
If i had known about it, I would have made the trip with a Mountain Sport Mod and would do so in the future if there was no conflict with Mountain.
FYI-Mountain has a $1500 to win 75 lap event on the Saturday portion of King Of The Mountain weekend (9/27-28) for these type of cars and the rules can be found on the website at www.mountainspeedway.com

unowho243
09-02-2008, 08:00 PM
[QUOTE=btgoss;108650]I wish the track would drop a few divisions, but the reality is they are just going to add another division.

Riverhead is a back gate track. So the more cars/people through the back gate, the more profit. So if they stick to form, we will see another division added. Start time will be around Noon, with the first feature hitting the track around 3pm maybe 4pm. And the track takes another step towards being a "club track."

BT i wish you would stop posting

W. J.
09-02-2008, 10:41 PM
BT i wish you would stop posting
He has as much right as the rest of us to express an opinion. Let it be, because you are free to disagree.

btgoss
09-03-2008, 09:21 AM
Wow. Hate mail (almost) from one of the Turn 1 Cowboys. I feel I have finally arrived.

It doesn't change things at all. I wish it wasn't most likely what was going to happen, but I really feel that it will happen. Of course we could spin it another way, like Fox News.

Riverhead Raceway opens it hearts and pits to displaced racers.
Showing concern for all drivers, Riverhead courts more racers.
The SK/Wall Mods will add to an exciting card of Tour Modifieds, Late Models, Chargers, Blunderbusts, Figure 8's, Super Pro Trucks, and Legends. Start time to be annouced, ticket prices at the gate.

Does that sound better?

There will come a time when there are more people coming in through the back gate then in through the front gates. At that point, this is a club track.

The Bullfather
09-03-2008, 09:26 AM
Wow. Hate mail (almost) from one of the Turn 1 Cowboys. I feel I have finally arrived.

It doesn't change things at all. I wish it wasn't most likely what was going to happen, but I really feel that it will happen. Of course we could spin it another way, like Fox News..
We could spin it and make up stories like CNN and MSNBC!!!:rolleyes:

jeffrey
09-03-2008, 09:46 AM
club track.I think the crowed has been very good this year.and August was probably the best one they had for years.27 dollars to get in and the place was almost sold out every weekend in August.So I think it was a good year for RR in intendance.

art11758
09-03-2008, 09:50 AM

It doesn't change things at all. I wish it wasn't most likely what was going to happen, but I really feel that it will happen. Of course we could spin it another way, like Fox News.

Riverhead Raceway opens it hearts and pits to displaced racers.
Showing concern for all drivers, Riverhead courts more racers.
The SK/Wall Mods will add to an exciting card of Tour Modifieds, Late Models, Chargers, Blunderbusts, Figure 8's, Super Pro Trucks, and Legends. Start time to be annouced, ticket prices at the gate.

Does that sound better?

There will come a time when there are more people coming in through the back gate then in through the front gates. At that point, this is a club track.

Y'know, I don't think that is the first time a track on Long Island would have worked that way. If I am not mistaken (insert sarcastic smiley here) back in the Duke Donaldson days of Freeport, drivers were paid a percentage of the gate. The better the show you put on, the better you got paid. If they were booing and throwing stuff, well that meant you were doing your "job". Different gate, same scenario. Granted those were different times without nintendo,playstation,6 kabillion channel cable/satellite and other competion for the entertainment dollar.
I know, I know "be quiet you old kook and get back on topic"
Ok
Gee I hope the plan for the sk's works out.
there :drool:

DODGE99
09-03-2008, 03:39 PM
Thanks for the compliments Bub and BT, yes our car was very fast we may have been a little more prepared for the RR expo but we wanted to show everyone exactly what the sks would be like. The other cars out there maybe were a little off on gear or set-up as we werent perfect but more prepared. I had ALOT of fun in my car saturday and felt that the racetrack and car worked together very well. Perfect tire, perfect power to weight ratio very stable racecars around Riverhead Raceway, and anyone that watched me at all saw this. All those points can only make for one thing, great racing! We're not putting ANY influence on getting rid of divisions here, our main goal was to bring MORE in, so where it goes from there is out of our hands now.

Nice job to all the SK drivers and teams that were there, i think we may have got something going.:applause:

wayne
09-03-2008, 04:57 PM
Kevin,whats the price comparison between say a charger and sk, or a Tour type and sk? Is it a tour type chassis with a charger motor?

Richie
09-03-2008, 06:50 PM
Stop it Wayne; They don't make the seats big enough.

nobandwagonhere
09-03-2008, 06:57 PM
Cmon Richie...you know we're FLANDERS, drop the truck motor in Jamies car and cut the fenders off......then we good!:help::lol::rolleyes::p

fisherman
09-03-2008, 08:16 PM
Cmon Richie...you know we're FLANDERS, drop the truck motor in Jamies car and cut the fenders off......then we good!:help::lol::rolleyes::p

fenders off:cheers::cheers::cool::cool::angel::angel::ange l: of truck less work more time to party:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: