PDA

View Full Version : Update on Hinchliffe

Ronny
09-01-2008, 09:58 PM
First off I would like to thank everyone that came to the show, brought a car, helped out, wrote about it etc. Without any of you we wouldn't have been able to do what we did. Everyone of you are what makes racing the great family oriented sport that it is. I went over to meet with the city council woman last night after the show. She was very happy with the show and said she had a lot of positive feedback about it. She tried to stop by during the show but couldn't get there in time. She is the person that organizes the whole festival and is on the go all the time. I talked to her about "the next step" and she wants to set up a meeting about it soon. I said I would get back to her in a couple of weeks, but she wants to set up a meeting with the mayor sooner than that. They really want to do something, we just have to see what is feasibly possible right now. The door is still open and I feel it is open a bit wider after the show. I, personally, did not leave till 8pm. There were groups of people (2,5,10) etc. coming over to the stadium till then. We had a sign up at the festival and people actually came over from there. It's too bad alot of people missed it but a lot got to see it. I feel it was a big success and everyone had a good time. Joey Normile, Brian LoPinto, Jim Reilly and myself set up a booth at the festival on Sat. and handed out fliers etc. I can say that I saw many of the people I talked to on Sat at the stadium. One of which, was an ex-semi-pro football player who played in Hinchliffe, and had two sons that played H.S. football there. He came to the show , checked out the cars etc. When you actually see people at the show that you were trying to get to come to the show it makes it that much more personal. This is not the end, it is the start of a new beginning for Hinchliffe Stadium. Thanks again to everyone. Ronny Dennis Jr.