PDA

View Full Version : Mod Series Scene

Howie
09-02-2008, 10:59 AM
As many of you may know, I’m now the owner of ModSeriesScene. This all happened kind of suddenly and totally unexpectedly. I’m not sure how this is going to workout.

Before Lou died we talked a little about the future of MSS. Sadly he passed away before we ever got any plans made. I got together with Amie and with Kevin’s help and my limited knowledge to the site (passwords mostly) we were able to save MSS. Things didn’t work out as I had hoped and about 2 years ago I left MSS. My friends Fran and Richie had started TheChromeHorn on JA’s Racerhub web site. It ended up a new home with some great people.

I want to thank Amie for all her hard work in not only keeping MSS going, but the many improvements she made. Thanks also to Jackie, Walt, Vicki, Jim and Denise, Charli, Ed and Christina (I’ve probably missed someone) for all they done to keep MSS alive.

Times change and I’m not sure exactly how to handle the two sites. For the last two years JA has given Richie, Fran and me the chance to build TheChromeHorn.com into a pretty a darn good website. Remembering Lou we’ve tried to keep the site and the discussion board forum to standards he’d be proud of. A big thank you also needs to go out to Linda and Norm Case of Precision Automotive and Ted Baxter from Hampton Jitney Race Tours for helping make all this possible. (again, I’ve probably missed someone). TCH will be hosting MSS in some form.

Stay tuned and I’ll keep you posted as things develop.

Precision Auto
09-02-2008, 03:40 PM
Howie: Congrats.......I'm positive you'll do just fine.............and it goes without saying that Norm and I back you 100%, along with Richie, J.A., Fran, T.Bax, et. al..............Linda and Norm

Tooner
09-02-2008, 04:01 PM
Good Luck Howie, I'm sure our friend Lou is toasting you with a scotch and a big smile on his face from above!

Sicklajoie
09-02-2008, 06:44 PM
Congrats and best of luck. :)

KyleMac45
09-02-2008, 07:25 PM
Congrats Mr. Hodge :cheers:

Chris
09-02-2008, 08:34 PM
Those are big shoes to fill, but I am confident that you will fit into them with the style and grace that Lou had. I feel MSS is in good hands.:cheers:

uticamike
09-02-2008, 09:34 PM
me too also ditto's Howie can we talk? :applause:

catfish
09-02-2008, 10:03 PM
Congrats I know what the site means to you, now do the Modified world a favor and get Big Walts articles up there and keep him busy wroting somewhere as he is a VERY TALENTED writer as well as a man I am proud to call a friend.

phillie
09-02-2008, 10:27 PM
Congrats Howie...looks like you aren't retired anymore....lol jk:applause:

RGeeProductions
09-03-2008, 11:17 AM
Well congrats Howie.....
Be ready for the weekend, as I KNOW there will be many with questions!!!!
Howie? Retired? Maybe 'real tired' now!!!!

Walt
09-03-2008, 03:58 PM
Howie, you are a mentor, respected contributor and a great friend. We are blessed at Mod Series Scene to have you as our new leader. Thank you for everything that you have done and thanks in advance for everything you're about to do for us.

There are many old friends in here on TCH. I think we'll all see a lot of each other in the future. I'd like to congratulate JA, Rich, Fran and the rest of the RacerHub staff for their accomplishments and their efforts in creating one of the finest sites in all of motor racing. TBax, Linda and Norm had a part in putting this together as well.

When it comes down to it; MORE is better. The MORE we promote, the MORE we chat, the MORE we write, the MORE pictures we post, the MORE releases that get written and posted, the MORE Modified websites there are; the MORE that we expose Modified racing to the public, the better it is for ALL of Modified racing.

I will be around MORE often. We may not always get MORE. We can't always expect MORE. We all certainly want MORE. That's because MORE Modified racing is better than almost anything else.

Thank you Howie and congratulations.