PDA

View Full Version : Penalty!

cerckl'm racing
09-03-2008, 06:18 PM
Looks like he got his penalty - 100 lbs. extra weight in his car this week. Whoa.

randomrodder
09-03-2008, 06:26 PM
According to Bob Finan, anybody caught with any alterations will be or has been penalized with the same penalty. Whoa.

Check, Eye on Riverhead.

Fig8 T.K.
09-03-2008, 07:33 PM
I thought when a car was found illegal, the illegal part or parts were confiscated????? Why does he still have the illegal part?

Kathy

RPMcGrellis414
09-03-2008, 07:48 PM
what about the beer and the punch? Is this punishment for both of those too?

cerckl'm racing
09-03-2008, 08:00 PM
Easy, there, RPM. Wait, which was it, beer or punch? Nevermind...I didn't see either.

Someone mentioned in one of the previous (closed) posts that a lot of the BB cars are built this way. I don't know that myself, but I can't think of any other reason they would have posted that notice.

The Bullfather
09-03-2008, 08:01 PM
Why don't most Blunderbust car have parts taken away! Going to see a lot of cars with 100 pounds added the next two weeks.

Golf Guy
09-03-2008, 09:47 PM
I thought when a car was found illegal, the illegal part or parts were confiscated????? Why does he still have the illegal part?

Kathy

The part was not illegal, it was positioned in an unapproved way. He has to re-position it back to stock/legal.

bbfan
09-03-2008, 10:04 PM
it is my understanding the part was cut (which makes it illegal) and repositioned.

chris061
09-03-2008, 10:07 PM
JUST FOR THE RECORD, the upper control arm brackets were lowered. i didnt have a lawyer write the protest so that is why it was said that the "part" was illegal. because i wrote the height of the upper control arm brackets and there is no height rule, that was there take on it. but the rules say not altering or cutting, so my question is how does a bracket get lower if it wasnt altered or lowered ??????????????????????:and that 100 lbs will make no diffrence !!disgusted

bbfan
09-03-2008, 10:18 PM
I dont know why everyone keeps sticking up for this guy.
He shpould of been suspended a few times this year and nothing happens. The first time is when Busick pulled up to talk to him on the track and tommy rammed his car into busicks car giving hima flat and front end damage.
the second this week punching joe
the 3rd drinking in the pits.
I saw him get out of his car to fix it on the track and he was wearing shorts (big sign at sign in desk no shorts)

He should be set down for rough riding every week ( this week eddie got pounded for 6 laps before tommy got by him) The guy thinks the outside groove is the inside groove and below the white line is the inside groove. which is never enforced uless you finish in front of tommy then you get set back 2 spots so he can get his top 5 ask Paul #69 hell tell you.You can even ask scott who sponsors him tommy pounded him for at least 10 laps not once trying for the outside.
I dont know who he knows or what a** he kisses ( actually its everyone in an official shirt) but the rules at riverhead raceway do not apply to him.
I heard they tried to pull his crank a year ago and the officials gave the protest money back Does anyone know why?

please tell me why everyone thinks he is so great when he doesnt have to follow the same rules as everyone else

Golf Guy
09-03-2008, 10:23 PM
And of course your's is a competley unbiased opinion...

bbfan
09-03-2008, 10:28 PM
your right it is my opinion but is is also the facts and noone can argue that so based on these FACTS what is your opinion

Golf Guy
09-03-2008, 10:35 PM
JUST FOR THE RECORD, the upper control arm brackets were lowered.

I am just wondering, isn't the 61 also up-dated by Ron Langdon and the control arms in the same spot?

bbfan
09-03-2008, 10:37 PM
for the record langdon has not touched the 61 car

W. J.
09-03-2008, 11:02 PM
Wow, we are going to set a record for closed posts, LOL!

Here it goes again!

mafap
09-03-2008, 11:32 PM
just got word, Home Depot is out of locks............ LMAO

RacinRob
09-03-2008, 11:38 PM
uhmmmm if im not mistaken the first place car had his upper control arm mounts altered too. I think you all are beating a dead horse now. I will add 200 lbs to my car and im sure tommy would too. It like when is this ******** going to stop? Do you all have nothing better to do with your lifes than sit here and write about the same crap over and over and over again? Grow up. Its getting old and tired now. Im sure there are atlease 10-12 Bb cars with this chassis "alteration". Just wanted to state my two cents. Good Nite

RacinRob
09-03-2008, 11:40 PM
p.s the 61 originally was a ron langdon car. get your facts straight. I know chris is a good fabricator though and probably put his touches on it but none the less it still was a Langdon car.

Mortgage Guy
09-04-2008, 07:47 AM
Not getting in the fight here but the 61 car was actually John Clancys car that went to a few other guys (Hartcorn, Malverty, Arnold I think) and was updated by Ronnie, but it was NOT built by him, Rob check your facts see if there straight and let me know if i'm right or wrong because now i'm curious.:confused:

BIRDNUT
09-04-2008, 07:56 AM
hey rob do us all a favor when you CHECK your facts how about letting us no who you ask { hope it aint tommy }

art11758
09-04-2008, 08:43 AM
I am just wondering, isn't the 61 also up-dated by Ron Langdon and the control arms in the same spot?

Open to correction here.

Ron built the car. It has been through much since that time, maintainance and whatnot, (every car should be maintained) updated too. All work done in house by the owner at that time.

The facts as I know them.

Art Bichsel

Edit: of course Ron could (since he is reading the thread at this time) clear this mystery up hisself....

The Bullfather
09-04-2008, 08:53 AM
Paul has Malverty's old car, Not sure if the #61 was in his hands or not. How about Mike Coll's old BB out there, been a long time since I saw that car out and last time, I believe, it was a total wreck! But back to the subject a lot of BB's are going to be adding weight this week!!! Maybe Sepe will get tha win this year! He looked strong last week with Wegmann on the outside.

originalpoet
09-04-2008, 08:58 AM
Just for the record: The 61 is Bobby Gardner's 1995 Championship car (built by the Skunk himself).

Ka$h25
09-04-2008, 09:06 AM
Is it 100lbs for each illegal modification? Will they be inspecting each BB before the race? Will the driver be responsible for supplying his own extra weight? Will a driver be set down if he does not have the weight available? Or is this just the way to sugar coat it and pretend like action is being taken while they continue to turn their heads and let illegal cars win races.

It's a shame that there are guys out there spending their money to race and can't even get a fair shot. Guys like Scott Sepe who has been trucking out to Riverhead from Ozone Park for what has to be over 10 years now.

As for the 00 specifically, I look at past standings and I feel like I'm looking at baseball stats in the steroid era. He goes from not being able to crack a top 10 to winning 7 races in '05 and then three straight championships. :eek:

W. J.
09-04-2008, 09:24 AM
Adding weight should be easy. Just shovel the B.S. posted in all these BB threads into burlap bag, and load them into the cars! :disgusted
With the weather forecast we are all looking at, it's likely we will see nothing this week besides Hurricane Hanna. :*-(

wayne
09-04-2008, 09:27 AM
I love when people think they have the facts, come on here ,talk crap and they don't even have the facts!!

The Bullfather
09-04-2008, 09:34 AM
Adding weight should be easy. Just shovel the B.S. posted in all these BB threads into burlap bag, and load them into the cars! :disgusted
. :*-(

:applause::applause::applause::applause: Now thats funny! Good one!

catfish
09-04-2008, 09:37 AM
The xtra hundred pounds may mean something if we get all the rain they are speaking of and you put pontoons on the cars and make the paddle boats,lol:lol:

Wheel Racing
09-04-2008, 09:41 AM
Paul has Malverty's old car, Not sure if the #61 was in his hands or not. How about Mike Coll's old BB out there, been a long time since I saw that car out and last time, I believe, it was a total wreck! But back to the subject a lot of BB's are going to be adding weight this week!!! Maybe Sepe will get tha win this year! He looked strong last week with Wegmann on the outside.

Just to clear this up:

61 was originally Bobby Gardners 45(built by him), then John Clancy's 71.Gary Hartcorn boughts it and had Ronny freshen it up and ran the #1. He then sold it to Eugene 23 who then traded/sold it to Dale Arnold 53 who ran it before selling it to Chris last year. Paul has Dale Arnolds original 53 which was actually Russell Savoys 32 (built by him) then sold to Eugene who eventually sold it to Dale Arnold who then sold/traded it back to Eugene who then sold it to my father temporarily and now Paul 69 has it.

So Chris actually has the Ultimate Hybrid(Gardner-Langdon-Malverty) car along with whatever changes he made it himself.

Please when stating "facts" try to have some of them yourselves. If any of my facts are incorrect, I apologize,but my truth is the closest version I've seen here so far.

nascar071
09-04-2008, 09:44 AM
For the record, the 61 car was built and driven to a championship by the Skunk himself, Bobby Gardner. John Clancy then ran the car for a couple years and I think won a championship also. John sold the car to Gary Hartcorn,at that point I rebuilt the car for Gary who then ran it for 2 years,it was then sold to Malverty , then Arnold, then Chris. What has been done to the car since it left Hartcorns hands I have no clue about. Those are THE FACTS. I refuse to talk about or get caught up in the middle of the rest of the crap going on here. I will say that I think that both Chris and Tommy Are Great drivers, I have run against both of them and never had a problem. Ron Langdon

Wheel Racing
09-04-2008, 09:46 AM
It's a shame that there are guys out there spending their money to race and can't even get a fair shot. Guys like Scott Sepe who has been trucking out to Riverhead from Ozone Park for what has to be over 10 years now

Just for the record that is probably one of the fastest BB cars out there and has been for years. If he ever bought tires he would be dangerous. Most straightaway speed on that track but gets rattled too often. Don't let the backyard paint job fool ya.

W. J.
09-04-2008, 10:01 AM
Just for the record that is probably one of the fastest BB cars out there and has been for years. If he ever bought tires he would be dangerous. Most straightaway speed on that track but gets rattled too often. Don't let the backyard paint job fool ya.Neal, that's not a backyard paint job, it's FACTORY original. Scott just used the original body panels that came off the car from the factory, no paint added (except the number) , lol! He changes nothing from factory original, so it's not too likely we'll ever see him get a penalty.
Bet he gets the most 'bang for the buck' running low budget.

Wheel Racing
09-04-2008, 10:09 AM
Neal, that's not a backyard paint job, it's FACTORY original. Scott just used the original body panels that came off the car from the factory, no paint added (except the number) , lol! He changes nothing from factory original, so it's not too likely we'll ever see him get a penalty.
Bet he gets the most 'bang for the buck' running low budget.

You may be right about the body panels,but there is definitely more than meets the eye in that car as far as dollars. Scott is a great guy,but all of his cars over the years have had their fair share of updates and $$ spent including this new one. Granted there are certain things he does without,but he treats himself also. Just look at that new firesuit!:wave:

Mortgage Guy
09-04-2008, 10:13 AM
Did anyone read my post???? Give me a little credit (LOL), I told you where that car came from, just missed the Skunk. It does amaze me that facts can be so misconstrued though. Glad we figured that out.

art11758
09-04-2008, 10:24 AM
For the record, the 61 car was built and driven to a championship by the Skunk himself, Bobby Gardner. John Clancy then ran the car for a couple years and I think won a championship also. John sold the car to Gary Hartcorn,at that point I rebuilt the car for Gary who then ran it for 2 years,it was then sold to Malverty , then Arnold, then Chris. What has been done to the car since it left Hartcorns hands I have no clue about. Those are THE FACTS. I refuse to talk about or get caught up in the middle of the rest of the crap going on here. I will say that I think that both Chris and Tommy Are Great drivers, I have run against both of them and never had a problem. Ron Langdon

Thank-you!
And as always, I stand corrected. :D

W. J.
09-04-2008, 10:35 AM
You may be right about the body panels,but there is definitely more than meets the eye in that car as far as dollars. Scott is a great guy,but all of his cars over the years have had their fair share of updates and $$ spent including this new one. Granted there are certain things he does without,but he treats himself also. Just look at that new firesuit!:wave:
Scott is a wise man, and invests all his money in the drive train and handling. Now if he'd only spend on tires, watch out!

Duke22
09-04-2008, 10:49 AM
So Chris actually has the Ultimate Hybrid(Gardner-Langdon-Malverty) car along with whatever changes he made it himself.

Neal, my old fig-8 car was a (Maynor-Estler-Maynor-Batsche-Weismantel-Messemer) car. Not that I'm adding anything to this discussion, but you guys are keeping me entertained.

originalpoet
09-04-2008, 11:16 AM
Hey Morgage, I DID read your post, that's why I wanted to clear up who originally built and raced the car. My question is how many feature wins and championships does that car have on it? Bet Neil Jr. knows...

art11758
09-04-2008, 11:18 AM
Neal, my old fig-8 car was a (Maynor-Estler-Maynor-Batsche-Weismantel-Messemer) car. Not that I'm adding anything to this discussion, but you guys are keeping me entertained.

And really, isn't that what Al Gore invented the internet for?? Y'know, wasting time at work while entertaining the masses. :D :D

RickFigure8
09-13-2008, 01:51 AM
Hey Bill, the 6cyl Messemer car? If I'm correct that went to Steve Stadler and this year to Jessica Larsen.

Gravel
09-13-2008, 08:34 AM
And really, isn't that what Al Gore invented the internet for?? Y'know, wasting time at work while entertaining the masses. :D :D

WHOA..... Al Gore invented the internet??? Where the hell have I been??:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Duke22
09-13-2008, 09:55 AM
No Rick, it was my old car, the #28 Islip Vega. Ernie and Barry built the car and Roger put a front clip on it. We ran it for 2 years before I made the cockpit bigger and offset it a bit with a new rail. Then I trailered it to Kenny Messemer and told him to put a rear clip on it. He looked at me like I was crazy but he did a great job. I sold it to John Delavergne #69, but I don't think that's the car that he ran last year.