PDA

View Full Version : Interesting threads

rabbid1
09-03-2008, 10:09 PM
Why is it that every time there is an interesting thread , with oh ... like over 3000 hits , It gets closed ? People love B.S. , Makes good reading. ask the Star or Enquirer ! Its getting to be like Communist china around here.

Golf Guy
09-03-2008, 10:11 PM
Hey, we are only bashing walkowiak here, let's leave the JAM alone. hahhahahha

But you are right, this is good for business. JA you need to look at this as a marketing opportunity!

maestri fan 1
09-03-2008, 10:16 PM
This is true, I have never seen this many post/threads made about 1 incident. Ridiculous of course, but also very entertaining.:lol:

The Bullfather
09-03-2008, 10:17 PM
Yeah, we need a new forum called "THROW DOWN":lol:

RPMcGrellis414
09-03-2008, 10:18 PM
I have been going to the track for my whole life (which is not too long 16 yrs.) but ive never liked it more than this year, all the years i went all i did was wacth the races now i get to see what happens backstage and read about it on here i understand that sometimes things get crazy like last week but it makes saturday night a little bit more interseting to know the riveralies and all the drama:lol: :D:D

maestri fan 1
09-03-2008, 10:19 PM
Ryan this just might be one of those things that show we are related. HAHAHA. That's exactly how I was at 16.

rabbid1
09-03-2008, 10:20 PM
Pete , Maybe you can have that on pitstoppitbull.com , shameless plug !!

randomrodder
09-04-2008, 02:14 AM
Gets to be like a soap opera sometimes. Or, a new reality show.

Which driver will the fans toss out this week on Riverhead Idle.

allhailunc
09-04-2008, 03:05 AM
Why is it that every time there is an interesting thread , with oh ... like over 3000 hits , It gets closed ? People love B.S. , Makes good reading. ask the Star or Enquirer ! Its getting to be like Communist china around here.

trust me rabbid it comes from what is known as fear of Big Brother shutting them down if they don't put a lid on it.this forum is supposed to be open to discus and debate(argue) points but if it has any "adverse" effect on the track whatsoever(trust me i was called into the "principals office more than once) they have to shut it down or lose their official track credentials

nobandwagonhere
09-04-2008, 07:01 AM
Hazzard County

The Bullfather
09-04-2008, 08:49 AM
So who is going to big white elephant this week???:lol:

randomrodder
09-04-2008, 12:25 PM
You mean we don't have to be Politically Correct here? :applause:

Just Riverhead Correct? :confused:

Before someone nails me to the wall, it was a joke, lame but a joke all the same. :help:

As you were. :wave:

LongIslandJam
09-04-2008, 05:27 PM
Just to clarify a few points...

One, controversy always creates attention. Cup-wise, it's why Kyle Busch is always a hot topic. The concept is no different on the short-track level. And I'm all for controversy as it draws publicity but only as long as folks know their limits.

Secondly, we at LongIslandJam.com do not operate in fear of any racetrack, person, team, or organization if doing the right thing is best for the sport.

Thirdly, we perform our moderating duties to keep organization and the discussion on the issues, rather than the actual people (and the posters themselves). It's our moral obligation to keep the content suitable to the readership of our site (roughly, PG-rated).

Fourthly, our intentions are to provide news, information, and entertainment on Long Island racing and publicize the sport and the personalities behind it. We are proud that we introduce many new folks to this sport we love.

Additionally, as responsible member of the media, we aim to clear up misconceptions and provide the concrete facts by serving as a medium between the racing community and the principals behind the sport.

Lastly, we provide these forums for our visitor's opinion on the facts and to build camaraderie among the racing community.

The incident in the pits last weekend is unfortunate, but sometimes when folks are very passionate about what they do, tempers flare and, thus things like that happen.

It's my hope that we can just remember why we spend all this money and time on our favorite hobby.

Golf Guy
09-04-2008, 05:35 PM
JA you are the man. Your dedication and your staff's dedication to this site and racing at Riverhead/Northeat area should never be questioned and is always appreciated. Your web-site gets better and better every year. Keep up the great work!

Charlie's Angel
09-05-2008, 02:54 PM
John, I rarely post these days. But I have to say that your post was worded perfectly. I appreciate this site for what it is and you and your staff do a wonderful job providing us with all the racing news on Long Island. I have to say.. to Walt.. I really miss your grammar corrections. LOL. I sit here reading and thinking how it must be killing you not to correct all the mistakes, I know I want to, LOL.

But to get back to John and the Jam. Well done moderating. I know how tempers can get the best of us at times and for the most part you are right to lock a thread when it gets out of hand. You never know who is reading these posts, it could very well be family and friends who would be just as offended by things that are said as the drivers in question would be.

Keep up the good work John.

The Bullfather
09-05-2008, 04:46 PM
Who is Walt? Yes J.A. and Richie do a good job with the boards! All the Racer Hub family do a great job and they have helped me with my site. I still give a hand when needed around here. lol

W. J.
09-05-2008, 05:08 PM
Who is Walt? Yes J.A. and Richie do a good job with the boards! All the Racer Hub family do a great job and they have helped me with my site. I still give a hand when needed around here. lolYou know who I am, genius.
And yes, JA and RGee do the best they can with the time they have.

W. J.
09-05-2008, 05:27 PM
I have to say.. to Walt.. I really miss your grammar corrections. LOL. I sit here reading and thinking how it must be killing you not to correct all the mistakes, I know I want to, LOL. Since I am no longer involved, it bothers me not at all. The policy is to let everyone be free to write as they choose, and they are. Some liked what I did, some didn't. End of story.

unowho243
09-05-2008, 05:37 PM
Ryan this just might be one of those things that show we are related. HAHAHA. That's exactly how I was at 16.

no Matt u were worse! lol

maestri fan 1
09-05-2008, 06:13 PM
hahahahaha..... This is probably true.

randomrodder
09-05-2008, 06:53 PM
To Walk or not to Walk, that is the question. Sometimes it's Stupid other times it's Genius.

I'm so confused. :confused:

It's like crossing the street and looking both ways first, no matter what you do you end up getting run down.

Threads get shut down because people insist upon promoting their point of view over others and the next thing you know, you go from a discussion to an argument to a mêlée. Often times you can see the same things happen on the track and then follow through into the pits.

We comment about controlling or officiating offending drivers on the track and then in the pits. Yet, many here can't officiate themselves in the forum.
Go figure. :confused:

The Bullfather
09-05-2008, 08:29 PM
I read the other day that there where no Walts around here, that was before one the threads was taken off the boards.

W. J.
09-05-2008, 08:40 PM
I read the other day that there where (were??) no Walts around here, that was before one the threads was taken off the boards.
Wow, you can read now? I bet Walt Newcomb, one of Racerhub's newest members would be surprised you don't know he joined!

The Bullfather
09-05-2008, 08:41 PM
Guess you shouldn't have wrote it and called someone "stupid"!

W. J.
09-05-2008, 08:49 PM
Guess you shouldn't have wrote it and called someone "stupid"!
Guess you need to get your fact straight. Look at who deleted the post!!! I didn't call someone stupid, because that person is not actually a someone, or anyone, for that matter.

The Bullfather
09-05-2008, 08:55 PM
Now where is "The Crown Prince of Trouble" Matt Peptitone, your thread just got interesting! Also welcome aboard Walt Newcomb!

randomrodder
09-05-2008, 09:26 PM
I see a train wreck coming. Some one be fibbing here. I do believe I read, Quote "There isn't any "Walt" here, STUPID" Un-Quote. If I'm mistaken on the exact quote, please correct me. I don't want to be accused of being stupid or a genius.

broz
09-05-2008, 09:47 PM
Thanks guys, I appreciate your genius and sentiment :applause:
You're fighting a battle you'll never win :disgusted

I have been punished and told to leave Walt alone....(aparrently he can't handle his own battles)
But for the record I am "someone" and remember "anyone" is smarter than a bully :lol:

RAWK ON boys and SALEH! I am done here!

W. J.
09-05-2008, 09:48 PM
I see a train wreck coming. Some one be fibbing here. I do believe I read, Quote "There isn't any "Walt" here, STUPID" Un-Quote. If I'm mistaken on the exact quote, please correct me. I don't want to be accused of being stupid or a genius.LOL, thanks, I'd accuse you of neither!
You must also remember, then, the comment was directed to the post above it, not to all members.

RGeeProductions
09-05-2008, 09:51 PM
Thanks guys, I appreciate your genius and sentiment :applause:
You're fighting a battle you'll never win :disgusted

I have been punished and told to leave Walt alone....(aparrently he can't handle his own battles)
But for the record I am "someone" and remember "anyone" is smarter than a bully :lol:

RAWK ON boys and SALEH! I am done here!

Interesting, to say the least...
And what was your punishment and by who?

broz
09-05-2008, 09:53 PM
You have received an infraction at Racerhub Forums

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear broz,

You have received an infraction at Racerhub Forums.

Reason: Insulted Other Member(s)
-------
Please lay off of Walter. There's no need for making a jab at him at every chance you get.

Thank you,
J.A.
-------

This infraction is worth 5 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

All the best,
Racerhub Forums

"And now you know the rest of the story....."
I'm going to my room now, ok?

The Bullfather
09-05-2008, 09:59 PM
You'll be docked 10 points now, plus your crew chief will be suspended 6 weeks and you owe The Hub a total over $10.00 and placed on probation till dec. 1st.:lol:

RGeeProductions
09-05-2008, 10:00 PM
Nice... Shows we won't tolerate ANYONE'S intentially starting with people like things are forming above. I WAS friends with all of you, and all know who I am speaking of, and honestly, from me, you are all acting like 5th graders. He did it first, so it's ok for me too. What are you accomplishing? Think about it...WHAT ARE YOU ACCOMPLISHING??? You all look like little kids....
Sorry Matt, but this is one of your answers...
Being the thoughts on the thread have strayed YET AGAIN, IT IS CLOSED!!!!