PDA

View Full Version : medford speedway to re open

Ellracin17x
09-04-2008, 06:36 PM
i herd medford was soposed to re open ?? :)

btgoss
09-04-2008, 07:40 PM
I was wondering about this myself.
My understanding is that the owner of that RV place is in some pretty serious legal trouble. Would that allow the track to re-open? Would anyone have some real info on this track?

Richie25
09-04-2008, 07:47 PM
i dont think it will as i heard the owner of the lot wanted a higer dollar per month for use of the track. the price was way up there.

maestri fan 1
09-04-2008, 07:50 PM
I read the title of the thread and almost grabbed my phone to buy a kart. lol o well

The Bullfather
09-04-2008, 07:56 PM
drove pass it the other day on the service road, the track is still there and looks ready to race, slap some tires around it and we're good to go!

outlawfab
09-04-2008, 08:38 PM
Not going to happen i tried .But you never know .

kart34
09-06-2008, 10:10 AM
would be great to go racing there again

Wideopen30
09-07-2008, 10:25 PM
Sorry but Eddy's LIRV Center is not going anywhere, and the track will be filled up with new RV very shortly. If there was a way to re-open the track I would be the first one to do it.

The Bullfather
09-07-2008, 11:11 PM
filled with RV's isn't Eddie in a ton of trouble???

art11758
09-08-2008, 08:02 AM
Remember the Warren Zevon song about "lawyers, guns, and money"?
Money fixes everything, the bigger the problem the more you need.
Unless of course you have none. Then that's a problem... :D :D

And in keeping with the thread, I too would love to see karts flyin' around there again.

Tracy87BB
09-08-2008, 09:39 AM
I don't know what all of the specifics are, but I urge you to simply remember that not everything you read is the whole truth. Just because a paper says it is true, doesn't mean that's all there is to it (spoken like a true journalist, huh?).

W. J.
09-08-2008, 10:38 AM
I guess some clarification is needed here.

RV businesses like Eddy's have an inventory on their lots that are there as inventory to be sold, NOT owned by the dealership. When business disagreements take place, as they often do, the actual owners will remove their property until the dispute is settled. Yeah, the papers sensationalize the story, so it's hard to believe a paper that constantly has to print DAILY corrections because it rushes to get the story out before it gets all the facts. Consider that this particular industry is down right now mainly because of the cost of fuel, and people not wanting to purchase RV's for that reason. That would create a cash flow problem with the lenders as the business tries to keep going.

The fact that they are still open says something, so why not just let the whole story play out. arguing about it here is like speculating on the future of our favorite race track. We all know where that has gone over the years.

Now back to figuring out if a go-kart track can be had anywhere exclusively for kart racing.

catfish
09-08-2008, 12:48 PM
Also if you hit the button that tells you who the signature of the post is you find out it is a member of the Eddie's LIRV family, so his info might just be a little bit more on the correct side than rumors and the newspapers. So before jumping down his throat just remember someone out there more often then not has more info.

The Bullfather
09-08-2008, 01:11 PM
Not jumping down anyone's throat, sorry if I offended anyone here on the board. I understand now that someone we know is family related to this issue. I didn't mean to offend them if I have. Let's get back to the subject of Go-karts and Medford Speedway and not any legal issues.

Wideopen30
09-08-2008, 06:11 PM
Thank you to everybody for understanding business, and if a new Go-Kart track fits anywhere into the new plans @ LIRV I will let everybody know.

LongIslandJam
09-08-2008, 09:25 PM
And that's the official word from someone at Eddy's RV. We all want more venues to race, hopefully one of these we can sneak one by.