PDA

View Full Version : NO Rain Date for This Weekend

Tracy87BB
09-05-2008, 09:43 AM
I have received word from the track office that there is NO rain date for this Saturday, September 6th. The best we can all do is hope that the storm somehow shifts track and misses the raceway! It wouldn't be the first time that Riverhead has been the site of incredible weather situations. While it may be disappointing to some, I do remember divisions losing their last points race to the dreaded r-word in the past.

Bill Park currently sits 50 points ahead of John Fortin in the Modified point standings.

Tom Rogers Jr. has essentially wrapped up the Late Model championship.

Chargers, Blunderbusts and Figure 8s are all slated to run September 13th.

Super Pro Trucks are on the schedule September 13th and September 20th.

The Bullfather
09-05-2008, 09:57 AM
But the main battle is for second with 4 points between Fortin and Brigati. I thought they would really work hard to move the date if it rained out to the next week. It's a shame to lose out on points due to weather.

Tracy87BB
09-05-2008, 10:01 AM
That's just the way it goes sometimes. Maybe we'll get lucky...I guess we won't know until tomorrow.

I remember back in 2003...we were only planning to run roughly 2/3 of the season...we had a little one on the way and limited sponsorship money. We got rained out 6 times that year, if my memory is correct. Chris ran the full (shorter) season and ended up 2nd in points. Sometimes you benefit from the weather, and sometimes you lose out.

W. J.
09-05-2008, 10:04 AM
Any long time fan of racing would know that this is a sad side product of running for points when the weather can factor in. Congrats to all the champs, you all earned it.
There's always next year.

nitros77
09-05-2008, 11:04 AM
It don't matter no one ever remembers the first loser anyway.

modprincess8x
09-05-2008, 11:24 AM
The part that sucks is there is no banquet, so the modified and late model champions won't even get their on track ceremony. Unless of course the track is going to charge them and their crews and families to come in next week for the on track ceremony.

RGeeProductions
09-05-2008, 11:32 AM
That's a very good point.
I just don't like the fact of a double point, extended distance race as the last race to begin with.

rydogg97
09-05-2008, 01:06 PM
they should do some shuffling on one of the last two days to at least let these guys race to a finally or at the very least honor the champs of these divisions!the unfortunate part of this is if they dont race it and want to honor these people is it will cost them to get in.which in my opinion stinks!

The Bullfather
09-05-2008, 04:51 PM
Sal I remember 2006! Someone always going to be the bridesmaid my friend. You had a hard fought battle that year for points.