PDA

View Full Version : Thank You For 2008

Golf Guy
09-06-2008, 12:28 PM
With the events being rained out tonight, it stinks that I am not going to be able to thank all involved with our Championship in front of their peers. I have already thanked most in person; this however is going to be the only way I can do it publicly. So here it goes in no particular order:

To Joe LaScala of Village Sunoco (Sunoco Joe as we call him), words alone cannot thank you for all your dedication and efforts this season. I handed you a rusting pile of metal (our motor!) just 5 weeks before practice and you turned it into the 2008 Late Model Championship motor. Not only that, after we blew it up winning the 50 lap race on June 14th you had it fully re-built and even faster for the 28th and the rest of the season. You are an amazing man.
To Tommy Rogers and his crew John, Helmut, and George. You guys are awesome. You got the ‘purple moose’ 2 weeks before practice with the mission of getting it ready to run about 6 races this season. 3 wins, and 11 top five’s later we are the Champions!!! You guy’s never had the car finish outside the top 5, think about that. We are definitely getting together to party and celebrate this one. Thank you again, can’t wait for the Nelma race!
To Roger Oxee. You are a gentleman and a sportsman. You lent/sold us parts to our car, helped with tires and offered encouragement and advice all the while we are competing against you for wins and a championship. Many drivers and crews can learn what a true competitor is by walking a day in yours shoes. Thank you for everything, I will never forget your friendship this season and only hope I can have someone compare us to you.
Thank you to Federated Auto Parts, Shake Down, Liberty Fuel & Energy, Plessers in Babylon, Rovin Promotions, Village Sunoco, Racing Creations, and Rush Hour towing for all your help in making this championship happen. As a car owner and a sponsor I know that your financial efforts are not always rewarded in sales, but they are never underappreciated by the racers.
Thank you to Bob Finan and Jeff Bressler for making every Saturday night a magical event. You two are the best at what you do and are great guys
Thank you to Barbara & Jim Cromarty for providing us with the playground we call Riverhead Raceway. I know we can be difficult children at times, but we would have nothing and be nothing without the two of you.
Thank you to Brian Paddelford of Racing Creations for putting the deal with Tommy and myself together and re-lettering the car so many times.
Thank you to George Sprague for your wisdom and friendship, you are a man’s man.
Thank you to Tommy Walkowiak your help and your $1 towards our championship. LOL
Thank you to Mighty Mike Mortimer for all your help and advice during the race season. I miss the #14 and the flames racing around the track.
Thank you to Scott Maliszewski for moving the 'moose' whenever needed.
And finally thank you to my wife, who still doesn’t know I own the car and never reads the JAM. Thank you for not asking me and letting me enjoy the racing on Saturday nights. I love you.
One last item. I never met Walt DeMorris, but since acquiring his old race car I have heard many nice stories about him. I hope today he is looking down and enjoying this championship because his finger prints are still all over this race car.
I know this is long, but many people just needed to be thanked for their efforts this season. Thanks again everyone.
See and I did all this without jumping on anyone’s trailer! (just kidding Doug).

Turn2Guru
09-06-2008, 01:26 PM
Jim, what can be said to follow your post other than you forgot to mention one key person in this deal, you. You are a great race fan, from sponsoring cars and races through Unique Golf, to buying a Late Model with the intention of just having fun racing a few races. Setting you up with Tommy and crew was easy. Those guys will race anything, it wasn't hard to sell them on running LM's. Of course once we came and saw the car in a million pieces, no motor, covered in dust and dirt with 2 weeks to go to the first practice there were some heavy sighs. But everything came together nicely. From powerwashing the chassis in the rain to placing the last decal at 1:30am it was all memorable. Everyone you have surrounded yourself with works together like a family. You kept if fun for all of us. Just watching how nervous you got during the LM races was worth my 30 bucks to get in each week. Enjoy the moment, it is real. The car you were hoping to get at least one top five finish with this season has just won you the 2008 Late Model Championship. Great friends make great things happen. Thanks for all you do, it was my pleasure being a part of it and we look forward to many more seasons of fun.

maestri fan 1
09-06-2008, 01:52 PM
That's a cool thing you did. Everyone involved in your team should be proud. Congrats on the championship.

Rubbin&Racin
09-06-2008, 02:43 PM
:applause::applause:What an awesome Thank you to all and no one forgotten, beautiful! Hats off to you and your team, Champs...Congrats! Walt is smiling :)believe me, he was your Angel thats for sure and he made that car fly.
Congrats and enjoy!
Andy & Jo-:wave:
LM #84
Tennessee:cheers:

14SMOKE
09-06-2008, 02:45 PM
A true class act congrats on your 2008 championship !!!

randomrodder
09-06-2008, 03:10 PM
Well I just learned a few things. Congratulations on winning the 2008 LM Championship! :applause::applause:

Jeff T
09-06-2008, 04:41 PM
Congratulations on winning the 2008 LM Championship Jim. You are a class act, and more people in racing should take a lesson from you on how to have fun, and how to be a "True Racer".
See you at Mountain in October.

smiley27414
09-06-2008, 05:25 PM
congrats tommy and jim!!!walt was watchin over you all season ans trust me hes very happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ljnbooze
09-06-2008, 05:38 PM
:applause: Congrats on a championship well deserved. Sit back and enjoy:)

RovinPromotions
09-06-2008, 06:28 PM
Jim once again it was a pleasure working along with you. next year i hope to bring more to the table. :wave:

The Bullfather
09-06-2008, 06:51 PM
Great job guys, not many people counted the purple moose as running for the title this year. But as Wild Child and myself, like to call it now "The White Mouse" really turned some heads. Great job crew, awesome job Tommy, Great picks Jim!

DriveitinDeep
09-06-2008, 09:33 PM
Jim,

compare us to you?????? Why in hell would you want that? It took me twenty years to do what you did in one season. You and Tommy deserved to win this year. You did it the right way, hard work. Enjoy the glory. See you at Mountain.

Roger

An Observer
09-06-2008, 11:36 PM
Congrats to T Rogers et. al. And to Roger Oxee, you are Class Act.

chevycraft
09-08-2008, 08:52 AM
Congrats to Jimmy ,Sunoco Joe, and Tommy! you guy`s all did a great job as a team ! It is un heard of for a team to come together and win a championship in their first season. Best of luck in all your continued success in racing . ENJOY!!! YOU ARE THE MEN!!:applause::cheers:

modprincess8x
09-08-2008, 12:37 PM
Hey Tommy...you suck! Congratulations to you, your team and families on another championship. Well deserved!

bulldozer
09-11-2008, 03:34 PM
awsome job all year.You came from the back to the front everyweek.Congrats on the championship