PDA

View Full Version : Spec Drag call out...2nd attempt...looking for 2

SuperShafts
09-06-2008, 10:33 PM
Sept 20th...

As much as i hate saturday nights..... Can the blazer make it?

What ever happened to t.s with that truck? still interested in reading the bumper stickers....

SuperShafts
09-08-2008, 07:04 PM
There is a possibility that Don will be at the next or actually last spec drag

art11758
09-09-2008, 11:43 AM
I may be there as well.... provided nothing falls off of the buick on the way there :D :D

SuperShafts
09-09-2008, 09:12 PM
It is confirmed .....

Don is coming out for a Jeep spanking..

SuperShafts
09-10-2008, 07:31 PM
The blazer called the shop today and wants to race a straight 1/4, not a 1/4 with turns...

So we won't be racing at RR...

art11758
09-11-2008, 08:33 AM
Sounds like a trip to Etown on a Wednesday night for some grudge racing for cash.

SuperShafts
09-11-2008, 07:26 PM
Yeah we'll have to see, from the phone call it is presumed street...but that is a issue

fisherman
09-27-2008, 09:05 AM
gee that jeeps been awfully qu:cool::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::lol::lol: :lol::disgusted:disgusted:applause::applause::appl ause::lol::lol::lol:iet since his spanking by don

cerckl'm racing
09-27-2008, 10:48 AM
That Jeep put up a valiant fight. I know the guy sitting in front of me who chuckled when the Jeep rolled out on the track was shocked.

The Bullfather
09-27-2008, 11:24 AM
marty had don till he drove in to deep in turn 3 and was too high in turn 4, don got under him and passed him. until then marty had him, off the line on the outside no less.

alch96
09-27-2008, 12:14 PM
charger had him off the line too, and did the same thing! don spun the wheels both times outa the hole, seems like alot more horsepower than before

art11758
09-27-2008, 01:33 PM
charger had him off the line too, and did the same thing! don spun the wheels both times outa the hole, seems like alot more horsepower than before[/B]

Always gotta bring your best game. Like at the dragstrip,two go down,one comes back. Do overs are for kickball.

cerckl'm racing
09-27-2008, 01:56 PM
Do-overs are for what? (Noticed you posted that twice...)

nobandwagonhere
09-27-2008, 05:10 PM
Point is, Don beat the Jeep....doesnt matter who had who when...its who crossed the line first. :rolleyes:Id rather win from the back then win from the pole. Let me guess, alternator issues again?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

The Bullfather
09-27-2008, 07:40 PM
Watch the video on my site, part I, just think he drove it in too hard, no other excuses.

fisherman
09-27-2008, 09:38 PM
Watch the video on my site, part I, just think he drove it in too hard, no other excuses.

SO HE CHOKED ON HIS WORDS:lol::lol::lol::lol:

randomrodder
09-28-2008, 03:06 AM
Just tried too hard, had something to prove. That's a bad way to go racing, takes away attention from your focus. Marty will be back better then ever next season. A little less bragging and more focus will do the job. Let the Jeep speak for itself. It and Marty can do the job, I have no doubt about it.

nobandwagonhere
09-29-2008, 10:07 PM
Randomrodder.....you hit the nail on the head. That jeep is fast......cant take that away from him at all. He had the faster of the 2 . But there was ALOT of sh-- talking previous and ...well....it backfired. Im impartial on this one....Im not taking either side....Im taking the sideline view on this one, and from what I heard and saw, it was a lesson learned. Thats all. No biggee.....come back next year and try harder...Im sure he will.:wave:

SuperShafts
09-29-2008, 10:30 PM
gee that jeeps been awfully qu:cool::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::lol::lol: :lol::disgusted:disgusted:applause::applause::appl ause::lol::lol::lol:iet since his spanking by don

Lmao... spanking.... well if i wanted to leave him no room i clearly had him beat to the corner, i wouldn't have been dirty driving if i dropped to the inside and just SAILED away.... Like i should have..... but nope i gotta be nice and beat them making it hard on me....running the outside....all because tommy w said it can't be done.... we'll see how wrong that is also, only mistake was giving away all that extra room between us

But unlike others i leave my competition plenty of room to race so they can't say i did anything to impede them.... Something that wasn't clearly visible was the move to the wall after turn 4 making me have to get out the gas since there was no where for me to go to try and pull up on him..

Watch the videos closely.... Especially Pete's videos on his site where you can clearly see i left the inside lane open... Wait... WIDE OPEN for him to use and then screwed myself with a nasty push, something about turn 4 is worse then turn 1,2 or 3 on the gas out up high.

Lol if you think you can do better, come and RACE my Jeep, not my sports car, not my street car, not my race car... Just my good old 4x4 SUV JEEP on Real STREET TIRES.. I don't change anything Monday thru Sunday, same way you seen it sit at the track is the same way it sits on the street, in the driveway, on road and off road.

Anyway, there is next year... we'll see about that spankin......

Also you use the term spankin wrong, there was no spankin handed to me... someone got lucky..

I wanna see someone else race me leaving even a tenth of the room i GIVE my competition...

Id rather win from the back then win from the pole.
Let me guess, alternator issues again?

I would rather win knowing i did it without luck, or any other hand playing it's role...
Actually the alt was acting up the race 2 weeks earlier when i came to get the s-10.... Sherman (mustang) had to jump me so i could get on the track..

I know the guy sitting in front of me who chuckled when the Jeep rolled out on the track was shocked.

Might have made him a fan, next time tell him to throw down $5 with someone in the stands on me, i usually never make the same mistake twice...

Do-overs are for what?

In case they really thought they won all on there own...

Gonna be a long 7 month wait....

A lot of talk from the bench though... lol bring it all on...lol im giving you the easy handicap bringin my Jeep and no one can run away from me.....

YOU CAN'T RUN AWAY, you can't even get BREATHING ROOM....

E-towns road course is open, and so is the new thunder road or NJ Motorsports park...take a chance? anyone? ? ? ? ? They got some long striaghts...

But there was ALOT of sh-- talking previous and ...well....it backfired.

The bs talk had nothing to do with it.... just me leaving to much room and screwin myself so there is no REAL bs talk after.... that's all it was.... My view is it was like qualifying.... i learned if that is all he had... it's my mistake not to duplicate and well it'll be different..... though after rewatching video...i seen a difference between competitors

RGeeProductions
09-29-2008, 11:15 PM
And see, all you people who put Marty down, there was a reason why he lost.
Not a simple, yeah, he beat me, but a novel on why he lost!!!!
And nobandwagonhere, I totally agree with your post, it really isn't a biggie....
Now, can someone pass me the Humboldt Fog?

SuperShafts
09-30-2008, 12:05 AM
A novel.....

It took you that long to read ?

rydogg97
10-03-2008, 07:16 AM
it is the same result at the end of the novel..........you lost!!!admit it and move on!!you ran the race and now get ready for next year.

fisherman
10-03-2008, 09:33 PM
hey shaft give you credit no excuse for losing now you can,t run up high out of 4 to much garbage on the track. have fun next year:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::applause::applause:: applause:

SuperShafts
10-04-2008, 12:20 AM
you ran the race and now get ready for next year.

What is there to get ready for....

SuperShafts
10-04-2008, 12:24 AM
hey shaft give you credit no excuse for losing now you can,t run up high out of 4 to much garbage on the track. have fun next year:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::applause::applause:: applause:

Nice guy's finish last, that's all it was.

maestri fan 1
10-04-2008, 12:53 AM
Don also likes going under the white line, he proved that against your jeep, and big time with the charger.... He drove the rumble strip all through 3and4, or 4and3. How ever you want to say it.

SuperShafts
10-04-2008, 02:24 AM
Yeah i seen during the charger run he was entirely below in 2 and 1