PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News about Riverhead Raceway

Mortgage Guy
09-07-2008, 11:55 AM
Just got off the phone with Tracy who was standing with Bob Finan and they informed me that for 2009 the first practice will take place on 4/18. The second practice on 4/25 and the season openers to take place on May 2nd & 3rd. Thanks

14SMOKE
09-07-2008, 03:30 PM
good..... cant wait :)

Jaws
09-07-2008, 04:06 PM
Thats great!

SuperShafts
09-07-2008, 05:22 PM
Oh so you believed the story about the track and this is breaking news to just you

Tracy87BB
09-07-2008, 05:45 PM
No, I'm sorry. I thought that having the actual dates was something that everyone would consider news. I called Mortgage Guy and asked him to post it because I wanted the Jam readers to be the first to have the official dates. The official PR from the track office will be coming early this week, and I am assuming it will be more detailed than what we were able to pass along today.

Richie
09-07-2008, 07:14 PM
Thanks Tracy ;.) Good to hear this.

SuperShafts
09-07-2008, 07:58 PM
No, I'm sorry. I thought that having the actual dates was something that everyone would consider news. I called Mortgage Guy and asked him to post it because I wanted the Jam readers to be the first to have the official dates. The official PR from the track office will be coming early this week, and I am assuming it will be more detailed than what we were able to pass along today.

So you weren't just quelling the continuing made up rumors and fears that the track is closing.... with a 8 month lead of when 1st practice is......

RGeeProductions
09-07-2008, 08:31 PM
No, it's seems your the one referencing it to rumors...
Never happy with anything or anyone...
Thanks Tracy for the info...

2THEFRONT
09-07-2008, 08:53 PM
Hey bent shaft if you don't have anything good to say about a positive post you should just shut up. Thanks for the great news tracy.

Mortgage Guy
09-07-2008, 09:17 PM
I could not agree with you more Front, go make some drive shafts, and let your racing negativity go Super. This is a very positive step. Do you own a business, do you own a building?? If someone offered you more money to not do business what would you do??? The Cromartys have stuck by Long Island racing and have turned down many unbelieveable offers for people like you, the racer and the fan. So be happy that they gave you an opening date and stop being so negative. It makes you look silly.

Jaws
09-07-2008, 09:24 PM
I hope my original post was not taken as negative, I am very happy that the track will be running again next year.

I don't think its big news that it will be open in 2009. Just the fact that the crowds were good the last 1/2 of the year and they are testing SK cars for some shos next year are 2 good signs in these tough times that the track will be back.

See you all opening day.

Mortgage Guy
09-07-2008, 09:44 PM
A side note, wasn't shaft guy involved with 2 tracks that were opening and setting the world on fire and never came to fruition?? If I am wrong I truly apologize, but I always thought I saw his name in the forefront of the posts on those tracks in Calverton and Bellport. If that's the case, who are you to say anything about tracks being open or closed??? If not again I truly apologize.

SuperShafts
09-07-2008, 10:46 PM
Wow you guys are clear headed and real quick to throw out bs...and negatively if you think you got the opportunity, i see hand holding is really important around here

Wasn't it just a few weeks ago you were all worried believing some yearly hoax of the track closing... Let me find that post.... http://www.racerhub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15796

So it was you that needed to see such a post to believe....

Seeing is believing for the faithless hooked on rumors.

Where do any of you read into happy or otherwise...Damn rich what would be so hard to figure that practice and the 1st race would be about 8 months away when your wondeful town has a 28 day restriction on the track, thinking is ruff on this end
Seems you would be the unhappy, i just find it funny actually that one person starts the same old rumor and everyone needs to see the 2009 schedule to believe

RGeeProductions
09-07-2008, 10:49 PM
Seems all are happy with this but you.
Keep up the great, positive posts Super!!!!

The Bullfather
09-07-2008, 11:13 PM
Damn 2009 rumors already!?!:lol: Can we get confirmation on 2010, yet???

randomrodder
09-07-2008, 11:24 PM
I'll believe the track is closing when they've locked the gates and put up signs saying, "No Racing Today" and the bleachers are gone.

SuperShafts
09-08-2008, 07:10 AM
Seems all are happy with this but you.
Keep up the great, positive posts Super!!!!

What does a frame of mood have to do with this...

Why is it every year this site plays into the rumors?

Every year you all go thru the rumor bs of who's buying, who you heard is, and then you need to hear from the track to believe...

So seems that those that are happy, like yourself , are those that believed the bs, and needed the reassuing, me goofin on that point has nothing to do with mood..

Every year they adhere to the wonderful 28 day rule the town has on them, and every year the 1st day is the same and a couple practice days...
So unless they were not going to follow the rule what would be different?

SuperShafts
09-08-2008, 07:15 AM
If someone offered you more money to not do business what would you do??? The Cromartys have stuck by Long Island racing and have turned down many unbelieveable offers for people like you, the racer and the fan. So be happy that they gave you an opening date and stop being so negative. It makes you look silly.

That would depend, but as it stands now, no i wouldn't.
Where do you see negative, negative is this post just being here for all the non believers.... Guess what the opening date is going to be in 2010?

Tracy87BB
09-08-2008, 07:20 AM
SuperShafts, let me enlighten you. I have been going to the track for many years. I, like randomrodder, will believe the rumors that the track is closing when I show up on a race day and can't get in. Period. I have heard from everyone who knows everything - including the guy who supposedly already has the landscaping contract for the development that was going to be on that property in 2006.

The practice and opening dates are NOT the same every year. I remember when it started a week earlier and ended a week earlier. As not only a fan, but also someone who now owns a race vehicle, this is important news for me, as it is nice to know when my truck needs to be ready. Some of us do like to run a full schedule, and we like to have our equipment ready to hit the track as soon as that is possible. The post has NOTHING to do with believers or non-believers...it has to do with the fact that some of us like to plan things. Perhaps someone has a spring vacation they'd like to take before the season starts. And, shocking as it may be, some of us may want to plan out a schedule to do our offseason maintenance and make sure we are ready when the gates open.

As for the hand-holding comment - I would like to say that I am proud of the cooperative and helpful attitudes that many of the Jam followers have. We do not always agree on everything and, yes, we do have negative things to say at times, but we are all here for a single goal (racing), and we do say and do nice things. I don't know if you followed the story of my enduro truck. Fellow racers going out of their way to bring a newbie into the division. Yes, some hand holding. It's a shame that it upsets you that we can all begin to get excited about 2009. If that offends you, quite honestly, I can't say I'm sorry.

vsmidge68
09-08-2008, 07:39 AM
:applause:

The Bullfather
09-08-2008, 09:33 AM
Amen Tracey, it important to know how much money you are going to spend and then find out the track is gone. Marty you can atest to this as many drag racers lost West Hampton. A lot of guys lost money on the hobby they loved, some lost money on a buisness of motorsports because of it! A shame either way. Some people aren't happy unless they are miserable and make others feel the same. I on the other hand like to be postive! That the way this board rolls sometimes. Sad to see and hear rumors no doubt!
To Tracey.:applause::applause::applause::applause: Good write up!

Tracy87BB
09-08-2008, 10:12 AM
This will be posted on the front page tonight, but I wanted to share it with everyone ASAP, so here it is for now. It gives us a few more dates to mark on our calendars for some of the special events...

RIVERHEAD RACEWAY FINE FOR '09 WITH MAY 2ND & 3RD OPENING WEEKEND
Riverhead, N.Y. Sept. 6th
By Bob Finan

It was indeed a good news, bad news weekend this past week for competitors and fans alike at Riverhead Raceway as the bad news came when Hanna wiped-out the final NASCAR Whelen All American Series show Saturday. It was during that race program that Barbara and Jim Cromarty were going to announce the good news about the opening day weekend for the 57-year old facility for 2009.

The 58th year of stock racing will open the weekend of Saturday May 2nd and Sunday May 3rd as once again the track will swing back into action in a big way. As over the past few years a NASCAR Whelen All-American Series show will run Saturday evening May 2nd, while one can plan to see the cars & stars of the Enduro ranks in action Sunday afternoon May 3rd. Fans can also look forward to the 77 Lap Baldwin, Evans, Jarzombek Memorial Race on July 18th, the Flash Tour on August 1st and the Monster Trucks over Labor Day. There are lots of exciting plans being made right now and the 2009 complete schedule will be out shortly.

As also in tradition the track will host two pre-season warm-up sessions Saturday April 18th and again Saturday April 25th and as always those two dates feature free grandstand admission.

The 2009 Riverhead Raceway schedule is still a work in process and will be released in the next two months or so.

W. J.
09-08-2008, 10:21 AM
Well, if memory serves me correctly, that's about the earliest I've ever seen that much information released. Good news, indeed!!!

jeffrey
09-08-2008, 10:38 AM
wow I thort I was the disliked one in here.but looks like supershafts is beating me out.its nice to here that the track is open next year.it is good that they tell the drivers and crews whats going on as fast as they can so that they can prepare for the up coming year.2008 was a good year for all divisions I think.maybe the mods need alittle work.but all in all good racing.even some of the late model racing was good.and you all now how I feel about them. and if they can put in a couple of SK shows in.2009 looks even better.thanks for the news.cant wait till may 2.my birthday.and you all now where ill be RR.:applause:

The Bullfather
09-08-2008, 01:16 PM
Did Jefferey just praise the Late Models? He's coming around!:)

DriveitinDeep
09-08-2008, 02:10 PM
nah, never happen

Golf Guy
09-08-2008, 02:43 PM
not a full endorsing compliment, but we'll take it! Thanks Jeffrey.

nitros77
09-08-2008, 03:28 PM
When the bulldozers are there then you can lay all the rumors to rest. that goes for you too super.

Fine Line
09-08-2008, 05:01 PM
Does anyone know if the 2009 season includes Late Models?? I heard some rumors that I did not like, anyone have any ideas about that?

SuperShafts
09-08-2008, 06:46 PM
SuperShafts, let me enlighten you. I have been going to the track for many years. I, like randomrodder, will believe the rumors that the track is closing when I show up on a race day and can't get in. Period. I have heard from everyone who knows everything - including the guy who supposedly already has the landscaping contract for the development that was going to be on that property in 2006.

The practice and opening dates are NOT the same every year. I remember when it started a week earlier and ended a week earlier. As not only a fan, but also someone who now owns a race vehicle, this is important news for me, as it is nice to know when my truck needs to be ready. Some of us do like to run a full schedule, and we like to have our equipment ready to hit the track as soon as that is possible. The post has NOTHING to do with believers or non-believers...it has to do with the fact that some of us like to plan things. Perhaps someone has a spring vacation they'd like to take before the season starts. And, shocking as it may be, some of us may want to plan out a schedule to do our offseason maintenance and make sure we are ready when the gates open.

As for the hand-holding comment - I would like to say that I am proud of the cooperative and helpful attitudes that many of the Jam followers have. We do not always agree on everything and, yes, we do have negative things to say at times, but we are all here for a single goal (racing), and we do say and do nice things. I don't know if you followed the story of my enduro truck. Fellow racers going out of their way to bring a newbie into the division. Yes, some hand holding. It's a shame that it upsets you that we can all begin to get excited about 2009. If that offends you, quite honestly, I can't say I'm sorry.

Tracy....

I never said i believed the track was closing, it was and always is someone else year after year making the same old un-researched dopey hear say bs rumor and then.....then how many of the rest on here are guilty of believing such bs and making it worse.... I gotta get more phone calls about this bs rumor every year then you can imagine...where did it start... c'mon guess

Now are you seriously telling me you wouldn't know the track wouldn't be open for practice some time during april, with a start somewhere between the very last weekend of april and the very 1st or 2nd weekend of may?

As for helping, i have helped more people then you could possibly imagine in many many forms of this sport...
The hand holding comment was not meant the way you percieved it as to that help...

I find it funny just a few weeks earlier someone again , again another year started the same old rumor and then there has to be something to show differently, there is the negativety, not here Tracy...

I would love to see every stupid rumor post about the track closing be removed....
Think about this, You own the track, here is a site that pretty much might as well belong to RR, and year after year the same people you cater to have no faith in what you do.... Me being negative.... I really think that needs to be looked at again.

SuperShafts
09-08-2008, 07:01 PM
Amen Tracey, it important to know how much money you are going to spend and then find out the track is gone. Marty you can atest to this as many drag racers lost West Hampton. A lot of guys lost money on the hobby they loved, some lost money on a buisness of motorsports because of it! A shame either way. Some people aren't happy unless they are miserable and make others feel the same. I on the other hand like to be postive! That the way this board rolls sometimes. Sad to see and hear rumors no doubt!
To Tracey.:applause::applause::applause::applause: Good write up!

I can attest to road racing and drag racing, i can even put that to friends lost do to the loss of both and them moving away, even business related friends that have moved away.
I can attest to how these rumors start more bs then you know....

Wheel Racing
09-09-2008, 12:01 AM
Somebody needs to give Supershaft' Jeffrey's phone number. They can share the same chalkboard:help:

Mortgage Guy
09-09-2008, 06:54 AM
Quick question Super..... What did this post have to do about rumors of the track closing?? You still didn't answer my other question either. Were you heavily involved with the 2 tracks that were going to take "over" for Riverhead and keep racing alive on Long Island if they closed?? Websites, numerous post about the new tracks, all rumors I guess too.

art11758
09-09-2008, 11:34 AM
Quick question Super..... What did this post have to do about rumors of the track closing?? You still didn't answer my other question either. Were you heavily involved with the 2 tracks that were going to take "over" for Riverhead and keep racing alive on Long Island if they closed?? Websites, numerous post about the new tracks, all rumors I guess too.

The racing community had a shot, twice. We as a community got beat, twice.
I'm glad to hear of Riverhead opening next year like everyone else. No rumors, just the facts.

14SMOKE
09-09-2008, 12:20 PM

Hey mortgage, I think what he is referring to was that when I posted the question this year about hearing the track might close, He is believing that I am being negative and trying to bring the track down. All I was wondering if that was the case I was going to hold off on building a enduro truck for next year. Im sorry if anyone took that as being negative, I am just totally into racing and have been out of the enduros for a few years I am looking forward to bet back into it in 2009 and would suck if the place closed. So I really think casting stones without knowing someones intent is a little premature, but I guess different strokes for different folks.

thanks
eric barile

jeffrey
09-09-2008, 04:57 PM
Somebody needs to give Supershaft' Jeffrey's phone number. They can share the same chalkboard:help:

:lol::lol::lol:now how long did it take you to come up with this one.:lol::lol:

The Bullfather
09-09-2008, 05:05 PM
About 31 posts! :lol:

W. J.
09-09-2008, 05:11 PM
...and they say I'm the bad guy. :confused:

nobandwagonhere
09-09-2008, 05:38 PM
This shaft cat just dont stop! Maybe he just needs to feel like hes heard...OK guy we hear you!

RGeeProductions
09-09-2008, 06:23 PM
This pretty much somes it up..... (http://www.limotorsports.net/forum/showthread.php?t=9)

W. J.
09-09-2008, 07:06 PM
I know from speaking with Supershafts a few times that he is very passionate about what he likes and believes in, and like a bulldog, he keeps after what he wants and believes in no matter what is in the way.
It really doesn't matter if his beliefs are yours, you have to admire his tenacity, though he sometimes misinterprets the responses he gets. He is working hard to get what he wants, heck, what many of us want, and deserves a level of respect for that.

Hollywood
09-09-2008, 09:08 PM
Here! Here!!

SuperShafts
09-09-2008, 09:09 PM

If you read along, as i can see you didn't that 1st question was answered...with a link to the post starting the rumor of the track closing and then this thread to calm the faithless..

next

I am and have been involved in some form or another for any push to bring back racing of all forms to the place where all forms of racing began...

Were you heavily involved with the 2 tracks that were going to take "over" for Riverhead and keep racing alive on Long Island

If you are insinuating that i was involved to in some way or another to hurt RR you got a big problem, but you aren't alone there are a few others that believe such bs. However i am the only person willing to take on the discrimination against RR put in place by the town. You are willing to hit your keyboard

If you think what we were fighting for was just a rumor....just go back to sleep now,

RPMcGrellis414
09-09-2008, 09:41 PM
Hey! there seems to be alot of bashing of one guy going on here is this getting closed soon???? not taking sides just saying bashing of another person was not allowed in other threads :confused:

It's great the track is going to be open next year im looking foward to another great year of racing at RR:D. I just wish this season didnt have to end what am i going to do now till may??

unowho243
09-09-2008, 09:42 PM
:lol::lol::lol:now how long did it take you to come up with this one.:lol::lol:

About as long as it takes u to come up with any of the garbage that spews from your Keyboard...

on another note I'm glad we have another year and i hope there is many more to come because with out the race track on a summer Saturday night i feel like theres something missing in my life! The race track always has been my favorite place to be and always will be!

x_factor
09-09-2008, 10:28 PM
lets see what happens in months to come :angel:

catfish
09-10-2008, 10:06 AM
"lets see what happens in months to come"

Here we go again with the jack*** that seems to start this same rumor with every third post of his. If I am not mistaken "I work for the guy who is gonna build a LOWES on the RR property" or something very close to that. Common Vinnie give it up already, also I thought you came on here and announced you didn't give a dam anyhow because you were moving. Just stop already for christ's sake

LongIslandJam
09-10-2008, 12:14 PM
This crazy train has gone off its rails.

Riverhead is officially opening next year. That's the bottom line to this. Let's enjoy the rest of this season and prepare for next.