PDA

View Full Version : SUNOCO Modified Race @ Mod Mania

hollywoodmic
09-08-2008, 11:08 AM
How is it that Tommy Cravenho can run side by side with Woody Pitkat, never touch him. He gave him plenty of room and passed him back clean after Woody came by on the top side. Woody makes a great cross over move to go back under him and Woody takes him out. In my opinion clearly took Tommy out and he keeps going and get 3rd back. I just thought Woody drove better than that. Too bad for Cravenho he had a great run going. It would've been nice to see a little respect for the 31 going on.

LJracer711
09-08-2008, 01:54 PM
And I suppose when Cravehno pinched Woody into the wall going into turn 1 the lap before, and the Reggie slide he gave going into turn 3 were good clean racing? Now I am not saying what woody did was right, I think they were duking it out pretty aggressively on both parts, and great watching it until the wreck(and I don't think Woody should have gotten his spot back!-he should've been sent to the rear)

hollywoodmic
09-08-2008, 02:15 PM
Hard racing is one thing, Cravenho did that. I did see all the beating and banging. I just didn't recall the 99 going off on the hook wrecked. As I said I thought Woody to be a better (cleaner) driver than that. I like Woody, he is a great watch. I just thought he didn't need to wreck him, that's all.

raceaddict24
09-08-2008, 05:32 PM
Ah thats nothing, you should see the beating all those cars take on any given Thursday night!!

LJracer711
09-08-2008, 09:59 PM
You're right! I thought they got the sunoco mods and the RoC mods confused, with all the wrecks they had in the early going!

RocketScientist
09-09-2008, 08:13 PM
he keeps going and get 3rd back.

He finished 15th.

http://www.thompsonspeedway.com/results/finish/sunmods/sm_finish_9-7.htm

hollywoodmic
09-10-2008, 11:32 AM
"RocketScientist" I know where he finished. He took out the 31 went up and over the 31 and kept going and he was able to RESTART 3rd. Did you see the incident, or did I say he "finished" 3rd in my post??

RocketScientist
09-10-2008, 01:14 PM
I did see the incident, i was as close as physically possible to turn 1 - 2.

IIRC he was the third car accross the line when the checker fell. I went back to check the finish order and myself like other people might have thought he finished thrid. I thought if i was confused maybe other people are and i would point it out. It didnt help trying to keep track one black/gold car vs the other.

Your comment of "got third back" implied to me he was allowed to retain his position. Anyone know if he was allowed to keep it or "he took his position back". If he was allow to keep that position, did they adjust the finish order based on the on track contact after the race was complete?

I didnt have a scanner on and hopefully someone could clarify where he restarted vs where he finished.

Ben Althen
09-10-2008, 03:34 PM
He got his spot back on the restart, and crossed the line in 3rd. After the race after rolling off the scales and into tech, Brooksie rolled up proceeded to tell the 99 team to return to their trailer, and that they were being placed to the end of the lead lap.

LJracer711
09-10-2008, 06:59 PM
there are 2 ways to look at this: on one hand, this way of policing the race eliminates a possibly dangerous confrontation with a heated driver in a missle vs. a very vulnerable official on the track(I saw Billy Dunn and Paul Koakly(sp?)almost get run over too many times at the Park), but on the other hand, if their intention would be not to score him at that position anyways, then there would be hell to pay if he was involved in another incident, and a driver was knocked out of the race(or injured!) because of it. I don't know the best answer, may the way Stafford does it with the radios, I guess.