PDA

View Full Version : the best racing divisions this year

jeffrey
09-08-2008, 05:30 PM
first you have to say the BB division put on one of the best shows all year.every race was close and exciting.only if you didn't have the bull sh$t at the end.would of been better.give them a+.second the trucks.they also put on great shows all year.good clean racing.another a+.third the late models.they where alittle shaky in the beginning but ran pretty good the rest of the way.they just need maybe 3 to 4 cars and think the division would be better. give them b+.the mods.they where very disappointing this year.and they are my favorite division. maybe they can fix the tire issue by next year.would help allot.c-.the chargers.another division like the late models.the racing was good but need more cars.maybe the 81 can go late model next year.and give the others a chance at least.all in all was ok.c.the figs.I watched maybe 2 races. so the BB A+ 2 trucks A+3 late models B+ 4.mods c-5.chargers c.:wave:

Golf Guy
09-08-2008, 06:14 PM
Look at the big brain on Jeffrey. Nice post and some really good observations. But I think you have to add the Grands to this as they put on some good shows (2 on Saturday). I would give the Grands an A, I think you would have to have more competitive cars to be an A+.

W. J.
09-08-2008, 06:58 PM
LOL, I didn't know LI Jam had someone new to grade the divisions.

Dave A
09-08-2008, 07:59 PM
8 cylinder stock enduros are hands down the most exciting,entertaining,suspensful racing division in my eyes!JMO!!!BB and Grands are a very close second!:cheers:

wayne
09-08-2008, 09:02 PM
We did have some good finishes this year, but the racing was anything but clean!! We were probably averaging 5-7 cautions per race.

RPMcGrellis414
09-08-2008, 09:06 PM
I would have to say the BB were the best division this year and the trucks were the second best, although it woulda made it alot more interesting if the BB championship was still being contented for with the big 30 lapper this week, but the two best races of the year if I think were a truck race, and a BB race...With that being said almost the whole 2nd half of the year everytime i went to the track it seemed like clean, good racing was in every division (the mods being a different story entierly). But good year all around to everybody:applause::applause:

Richie25
09-08-2008, 09:08 PM
yoy giuve the chargers a c-, you must be jokeing

nobandwagonhere
09-08-2008, 09:34 PM
Grands- A+
Good Ol' hard clean racing. 50 laps caution free in 16 minutes. Cars come home in one piece. No fighting afterwards.

PS: Trucks did step it up this year. I thought they were def. worth watching.

KnK Racing
09-08-2008, 10:19 PM
all the divisons this year had alot of good n bad. over all i give the bb's a B the chargers a B+ the late models a C the mods a B- and NO ONE even mentioned the figure 8's. those cars are alway putting on a show at the "X". i give them a A+. as far as the trucks n grands i give them a B+

W. J.
09-08-2008, 10:33 PM
Grands- A+
Good Ol' hard clean racing. 50 laps caution free in 16 minutes. Cars come home in one piece. No fighting afterwards.

PS: Trucks did step it up this year. I thought they were def. worth watching.Though I generally disagree with giving any grades (I believe the results and points speak for themselves), I have to agree the Grand Enduros, and Enduros in general, deserve high marks for putting on great races. The truck deserve a cheer or three also, good racing for the most part.

maestri fan 1
09-08-2008, 10:42 PM
I don't think any division deserves an A+ to tell you the truth. The trucks, grands, and blunderbust do deserve an A, not an A+. Reason being some altercations that should not have taken place. The late models were ok, good enough for a B. Figure 8's get a B as well, they need more cars as everyone already knows. Chargers a B as well, they put on some decent shows, not great but good. From what I saw of the legends I say a B-, I hear there was a lot of cautions in there races, and not too nice of driving by some drivers. Lastly the Mods, my personal opinion is a D, I know i'll get slammed for this by some mod fans but I think I have a good explanation. Modifieds are supposed to be the high lighted division and unfortunatly produced the worst racing, very poor sportsmanship, and disregard for competitors.

This is how I saw this year. Just my opinion.

btgoss
09-11-2008, 11:37 PM
The charger "race" the night of the Tour race would be enough to give them an F. That was the worst performance I had seen since "Legs Diamond."
The Blunderbust should be alone with an A. You could add the Grands.
That formula, big cars, crappy tires, moderate power to weight, just makes for some great racing.
The rest seemed average.
Low car counts being a problem for most..... but that is life under the current "Republican" administrations.