PDA

View Full Version : IMPORTANT: Champions' Luncheon

Tracy87BB
09-09-2008, 10:21 AM
I hate posting PR on the message board, but I do not have access to the front page of the site until later tonight, and I wanted to share this as soon as it was released.

RIVERHEAD RACEWAY TO HOST CHAMPIONS LUNCHEON OCTOBER 5TH
Riverhead, N.Y. Sept. 9th
By Bob Finan

Stock car racing has long been known as a game where one must adjust on the fly when circumstances dictate and that is true no matter which side of the pit fence you are on. With that in mind Riverhead Raceway promoters Barbara & Jim Cromarty announced that a champions luncheon will be held Sunday October 5th at JC'S Restaurant in Manorville.

Riverhead management had planned on crowning their 2008 track champions on the racetrack in front of the fans when each division ran its final race of the season. However on Saturday September 6th a tropical storm named Hanna forced the Cromarty's to make an adjustment to those plans.

The final NASCAR Modified and Late Model races of the year were washed out by the storm and Bill Park of Manorville, the repeat NASCAR Modified champion and Late Model champion Tom Rogers Jr. of Patchogue, did not receive their on track ceremony. With Park and Rogers not having an on track ceremony, neither will the champions of the other divisions yet to be determined, have their on track ceremony. So out of fairness to all it was decided to have the luncheon.

The adjustment will come in the form of a Riverhead Raceway champion's luncheon at JC'S Restaurant in the Pine Hills Country Club in Manorville, sight of the 2008 Long Island Daytona 500 party. Bob Finan, who'll host the event which features free admission, spearheaded the idea.

Bill Park, Tom Rogers Jr. will be given their 2008 championship hardware as will 2008 Charger champion Chris Turbush of Riverhead and 2008 Demolition Derby champion Michael Rommeney of Maspeth. Yet to be determined are the 2008 champions in the Figure Eights, Blunderbusts, Super Pro Trucks and Car Rollover Contest.

As for the Enduro champions when it was announced that there would be no Riverhead Raceway awards dinner in 2008, Elaine Vollmoeller among others are currently putting together an Enduro dinner with details to be announced in the near future.

John of JC'S will open the catering room that is adjacent to the pub for the champions luncheon and supply a free buffet for the affair, as well offer beer specials in addition "All of us at Riverhead Raceway can't thank John enough for opening his restaurant to us" Bob Finan noted. "I also want to give a big thank you to Steve Halpin who when I called him with the idea, ran with it and we'll have a great afternoon".

The Riverhead Raceway champions will be honored at 1:00 pm and once all champions are crowned the room will turn into a Talladega 500 viewing party of NASCAR'S largest facility hosted by Halpin and Finan.

The 2008 Riverhead Raceway champions are encouraged to bring their families, including children for the event that features free admission. The general public is also welcome and dress will be very casual for what in essence is an informal affair.

JC'S Restaurant is located in the Pine Hills Country Club in Manorville, from the LIE exit at exit 69 south on Wading River Road, from Sunrise Highway use exit 58 and go north on Wading River Road.

Additional information can be obtained by calling Riverhead Raceway at 631-842-RACE.

W. J.
09-09-2008, 10:53 AM
Wow, what a great idea, and a big thanks to the Cromarty's , Bob Finan and JC's for doing this. It is a much better way to honor all the champions from the 2008 season, and it's a great facility, too. :)

Are the Halpins going to sing for us too?!!! :applause:

catfish
09-09-2008, 12:30 PM
Bob Finan comes thru again, what would RR do without him. Nice job Bob

hollywoodmic
09-09-2008, 12:32 PM
No sorry Walt but we'll make it a fun affair. John and Jenn of JC's jumped right on board as soon as I went in to see them last night. Bobby did a nice thing along with the Cromartys. We were having the Talladega Party anyway so they said they would open up the back, and serve the buffet. We'll have a little sound system for anyone who like to make a quick speech. It should be fun.

W. J.
09-09-2008, 02:00 PM
Bob Finan comes thru again, what would RR do without him. Nice job Bob
Agreed 100%, nobody better for racing on LI than Bob.

I'll come whether the Halpins are singing or not, lol! Pretty sure I'm free that day, have to check the schedule of races.

Ace
09-09-2008, 03:24 PM
I know of one 2008 champion who'll be racing at Lee,NH that weekend and won't be able to attend.

wayne
09-09-2008, 04:16 PM
So the Mods,Late Models and Chargers get a luncheon and the other divisions get.........??

hollywoodmic
09-09-2008, 04:21 PM
All Champions Wayne just some are yet to be determined. It's in the press release.

wayne
09-09-2008, 04:27 PM
Gotcha, Thanks Hollywoodmic

hollywoodmic
09-09-2008, 04:34 PM
Wayne, anytime big guy. That stinks about Chris being at Lee, best of luck to you guys.